AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi guys,
I am Canadian Permanent resident, I recently got married in India. I am planning to sponsor my wife from Canada. I have one question on our marriage certificate my wife got my family name but on her passport she’s having her maiden name. Do I need to change her name on passport too before applying or should I use affidavit that she’s same person with both names. Can some help??
Use affidavit and one explanation letter to explain everything. Don't a big deal.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Just quick clarification required on this:

Do I need to provide a Canadian Police Certificate for the police check, since the requirements state that you have to provide a police certificate from the country you have been residing in for the previous six months?

I was under the impression this was something they could access themselves, and I have heard conflicting advice regarding this.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.
Acc to new rules, they will contact RCMP directly, all Canadian government systems are connected each others. They will contact you if they need ur finger prints which is 1 % chance. No need to worry!

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
hello guys. I am here in UAE and my wife works in Quebec. We have applied For PR together since long back. Finally we got CSQ at the end of Feb 2018. And we have submitted our CSQ to federal few days ago. Kindly guys can you help me to know next step and approximate time for all process to get PR card? After how long they will call me for visa medical? And after medical how long will it takes to ask my Passport forvisa stamps?
Depends on ur file dates, all process take 11-12 months and for PR card 2-3 months after your landing.

ashaduzzaman007

Oct 6, 2016
Hey guys me again
Pre arival letter on 15th march
Background procesing start 23rd march
Dm showed on ecas 23rd march
So.my question is how many days i have to wait for ppr ? Its killing me

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a friend who wants to sponsor his wife to Canada. He is a Canadian citizen. Does anyone know how long it takes for the sponsorship eligibility to be approved before the PR application begins and the medicals etc are taken?

Thanks for your help!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a friend who wants to sponsor his wife to Canada. He is a Canadian citizen. Does anyone know how long it takes for the sponsorship eligibility to be approved before the PR application begins and the medicals etc are taken?

Thanks for your help!
Depends on if you are applying inland or outland

arvinderps

Jan 7, 2015
hello everyone!
I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class outside Canada. and I already sent my application Documents but the problem is the payment receipt was not included to the document i sent, what should i do? will they reject the application or will i received an email regarding the missing payment receipt
They going to sent back your file.. sit back 2 months.. same happened to me

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

New to this forum but I thought I'd post my application timeline below.

- Application submitted 24th Aug 2017
- Additional docs requested and submitted 12th Oct 2017 (I was ready for this and submitted them the same day as the request)
- Medical request 20th March 2018 (seeing the doc this Thursday 29th March 2018)
- No interview required as of yet
- Open work permit application submitted to Alberta early March 2018 (we were very confused initially about this as I am already on an Open Work Permit under the IEC Working Holiday Program, which you cannot extend. Have yet to hear or receive any acknowledgement regarding this application.

I'm hoping this timeline is 'normal' and my application is moving in a positive direction. Note that we have had NO issues with my application being returned or any additional requests other than the standard requests (additional docs and medical)

This process is insanely ambiguous and stressful.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hi everyone,

New to this forum but I thought I'd post my application timeline below.

- Application submitted 24th Aug 2017
- Additional docs requested and submitted 12th Oct 2017 (I was ready for this and submitted them the same day as the request)
- Medical request 20th March 2018 (seeing the doc this Thursday 29th March 2018)
- No interview required as of yet
- Open work permit application submitted to Alberta early March 2018 (we were very confused initially about this as I am already on an Open Work Permit under the IEC Working Holiday Program, which you cannot extend. Have yet to hear or receive any acknowledgement regarding this application.

I'm hoping this timeline is 'normal' and my application is moving in a positive direction. Note that we have had NO issues with my application being returned or any additional requests other than the standard requests (additional docs and medical)

This process is insanely ambiguous and stressful.
Sounds normal! I completely agree that their communication is horrible and that it would be so nice if they could give monthly "everything is good, continue waiting" updates. If they made them automated it would be a one time effort that would help people so much.

Anyway, once you submit medical, if you've already done Schedule A and PCC, then you're in for a bit of a waiting period. But everything sounds good!

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
Sounds normal! I completely agree that their communication is horrible and that it would be so nice if they could give monthly "everything is good, continue waiting" updates. If they made them automated it would be a one time effort that would help people so much.

Anyway, once you submit medical, if you've already done Schedule A and PCC, then you're in for a bit of a waiting period. But everything sounds good!
Schedule A and Police Checks were submitted on Oct 12 2017. I'm assuming they were fine as I have yet to hear anything except for the medical request. What is the usual timeline after the medical has been submitted?