+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Thanks for your response.

So, if i apply for TRV after submitting the spousal application, do i need to mention about that with a Letter of Explanation.
I would mention.
And I would suggest starting with sponsorship process. It will take 1-2 months to prepare all the documents and then after you file them up to 12 months till approval (of it may vary from 5-12 months, but you never know)

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
a) ineligible in the scenario that she was sponsored on a SOWP IN 2009
b) and c) I had mentioned in my a post that in 2009 she was sponsored by her ex on an SOWP, thereafter in 2012 she had applied for her PR and has been on a PR status ever since
If a person was sponsored, he or she can sponsor another person in 3 years

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
hey All!
Is anyone here in family class sponsorship and their application sent to London visa office already? My file was sent to London Visa office in August and soon in April, it will be 9 months since it's in London.I am started getting worried now and getting frustrated by waiting. I tried to contact them by IRCC web form and got no response. and in May it will be 1 year since I submitted my file. could anyone help me :( Please :'(
On the CIC website it says they process 80% of cases during 12 months period. So till you hit a year, they will hardly respond. But you can call Mississauga and ask about your case or order notes from your case (costs 5$, can be ordered online only by a Canadian resident)

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Good day,
My current situation is I'm currently working in Canada with an open 2 years work permit and currently my Canadian fiancé of 14 months wants to mail in the application to sponsor me very soon , under common law . My work permits ends in September 2018 ,do I have too still apply for an open work permit since I already have one with her sponsorship application,we already got everything filled out , only seeing cases with principal applicant "like me" doesn't have an open work permit and has to apply for one whereas I have already have one valid .
Another thing my daughter is included in the family sponsorship as dependent class A , currently she is not Canada but finishing her school term back in my home country , we already included her but not to come to canada " non accompanying " till her school term is finished next two years from now ,she does have a valid visitor visa to come during the holidays , do we have to include her dependent child fees now with the application or later ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
Hello guys , who do I inform when my husband ( principal applicant) number is changed ? Please let me know. Thank you

Kary.5

Mar 23, 2018
Colombia
Hi everybody!.

This is my case i hope you guys can give me some help, I'm an Colombian citizen married with a Canadian and we have a newborn baby, i found a job offer in canada to start working in the summer, i want to immigrate to canada soon as possible but I'm not sure about how i should apply.

sdubey

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Application recieved 29jan.. I called CIC.. they have retured my application.. they sent back on 13 march.. but i have not recieved it yet.. how long that take usually?
WHy did they returned back? did they mention any reason? was it delivered on Jan 29?

Feb 12, 2018
hello everyone!
I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class outside Canada. and I already sent my application Documents but the problem is the payment receipt was not included to the document i sent, what should i do? will they reject the application or will i received an email regarding the missing payment receipt

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
hello everyone!
I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class outside Canada. and I already sent my application Documents but the problem is the payment receipt was not included to the document i sent, what should i do? will they reject the application or will i received an email regarding the missing payment receipt
They will probably send your case back.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
a) ineligible in the scenario that she was sponsored on a SOWP IN 2009
b) and c) I had mentioned in my a post that in 2009 she was sponsored by her ex on an SOWP, thereafter in 2012 she had applied for her PR and has been on a PR status ever since
Still doesn't answer the questions and a person can't be sponsored for an SOWP.

HOW AND WHEN did she become a PR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hey All!
Is anyone here in family class sponsorship and their application sent to London visa office already? My file was sent to London Visa office in August and soon in April, it will be 9 months since it's in London.I am started getting worried now and getting frustrated by waiting. I tried to contact them by IRCC web form and got no response. and in May it will be 1 year since I submitted my file. could anyone help me :( Please :'(
Join the London thread.