canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello.
We are in special cases so we need some advice urgently.

I am a Canadian Citizen since 2013 who is going to sponsor my husband. My husband has lived in Canada since 2006 as a student. We married in May 2017 and living together right now in Canada. We are going to graduate in this June.

I got a full-time return job offer from a company in the US that I have interned previously. I will start working in August.

I have a property in Canada with our names and mother-in-law and I have a sufficient amount of money in the bank account in Canada.
We are going to apply for a PR under the Family Class. (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class).

We are planning to submit the following as evidence of intent to return to Canada upon the PR approval:
- Property document with our names and mother in law
- Bank account document
- The letter explaining that I accepted this offer because it was the only job offer at the time and I needed income to sponsor my spouse.
- A proof that we have our furniture, appliances and some winter clothes on our property so that we can come back and live in our property as soon as we get PR.
- A proof that we can move out from US apartment if we give a notice to leasing office before 20 days.
- A letter explaining how we will live in Canada and why we must come back to Canada (Ex. I want to get pregnant and raise our child in Canada)
- A letter explaining why we must proceed with our application at this moment because my husband's home country requirement may force him back to his country if we delay our application. (There is nothing illegal involved)

Any thoughts or suggestions for our successful application submission?
There really is no point in applying when you are moving out of the country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

First time poster. I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

First a little background info. I have just returned to Canada (Canadian citizen) from China. My husband is a Korean citizen who lives/studies in China. He will graduate at the end of June 2018, the same time in which we are expecting our first child. Our hope is to have him here come the end of June, but I am not sure how to go about it.

1) Should we wait and apply for PR when he is here in Canada so that we can also apply for the Open Work Permit or start the application process now? From my understanding the OWP is only available for in-Canada applications.

2) Can we apply for PR and OWP while he is here as a visitor? Korean citizens are permitted to stay in Canada as a visitor for max. 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
1. Not knowing the current timelines for outland Korean apps, I can't say which is the better option. Generally, outland is faster.

2. Yes, he can apply while here as a visitor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Veteran's,

Hoping to get some answers to minimize my confusion...

My wife is a canadian PR holder since 2012 and sponsoring me. She was married previously, and was given a Spousal Open work permit in 2009. After she landed, she was living with her then spouse on a open work permit, then in 2012 she applied for her PR. She was divorced in 2016, and in 2017 had renewed her PR. We got married in Jan 2018. Now my below questions

a) Can she sponsor me without being deemed as ineligible
b) on the forms it asks - if sponsor was previously sponsored - should we mention YES or NO
c) also it asks if Sponsor was themselves sponsored within 5 years preceding this application - should we mention YES or NO
a) Why would she be ineligible?

b) and c) As you haven't actually said how and when she became a PR, impossible to answer.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Kindly advise,

I have to upload 2 Police Character Certificate (PCC) in Gckey. My question is, I have to upload both PCC one by one or In one PDF file I have to save both the PCC and then upload in one file

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
for our case, we had to submit 2 months ago some police records and in the same time they asked us to pay the rp card fee.

We are still waiting for the answer.... we provided a explaination letter with embassies proof to prove that it was not possible to provide these police records...

hope a good news is coming soon....

anybody had this experience ?

arvinderps

Jan 7, 2015
Application recieved 29jan.. I called CIC.. they have retured my application.. they sent back on 13 march.. but i have not recieved it yet.. how long that take usually?

Gardner2205

Jan 29, 2018
a) Why would she be ineligible?

b) and c) As you haven't actually said how and when she became a PR, impossible to answer.
a) ineligible in the scenario that she was sponsored on a SOWP IN 2009
b) and c) I had mentioned in my a post that in 2009 she was sponsored by her ex on an SOWP, thereafter in 2012 she had applied for her PR and has been on a PR status ever since

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Can anyone explain some aberration

DM
SA

what other stages are there in the spouse sponsorship process??
DM means Decision Made and SA means Sponsorship Approval

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
hey All!
Is anyone here in family class sponsorship and their application sent to London visa office already? My file was sent to London Visa office in August and soon in April, it will be 9 months since it's in London.I am started getting worried now and getting frustrated by waiting. I tried to contact them by IRCC web form and got no response. and in May it will be 1 year since I submitted my file. could anyone help me :( Please :'(