+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

C

Classic Chucks

Dear all,

My husband got accepted for sponsorship, and got the visa on his passport.
I would just like to ask what should we expect when he enters Canada the first time. What documents are needed other that the CORP...
In addition, on the visa he got on the passport it says 1 entry. However, after the first visit we plan to return back to our home country after a month and a half finish our business there and then go back to Canada. So my question is will he receive another visa or a PR card that would allow him to enter Canada as much as he wants from that date and onwards? Would we have to apply for a certain form/application? and would it be done in a month and a half to be able to travel again??

Thanks so much.
P.S. we both are living abroad if that would make any difference.
The immigrant visa can only be used once, that's why he needs his PR card upon his succeeding entries to Canada. You can go home after entering Canada and have his PR card delivered to a friend/family in Canada. The person who receives his pr card can either bring it to you personally back home or post it.

Aside from COPR and passport, he needs goods to follow and accompanying goods list to enter Canada + the declaration form they give on the plane.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
The immigrant visa can only be used once, that's why he needs his PR card upon his succeeding entries to Canada. You can go home after entering Canada and have his PR card delivered to a friend/family in Canada. The person who receives his pr card can either bring it to you personally back home or post it.

Aside from COPR and passport, he needs goods to follow and accompanying goods to enter Canada + the declaration form they give on the plane.
How long would the PR card take to be delivered? Does it take more than a month amd a half?

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
C

Classic Chucks

How do we apply for it? Is it automatically when we arrive? Or we have to apply it after we arrive? What papers do would we need? Do u have a link for that as well?

Thanks so much!
No application. It will be automatic when your husband lands as PR. Upon entry, he will be asked for an address where they could deliver the pr card. He will just need to wait for it then if you don't have anyone that could receive it for him.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Upon arrival we would be staying in a hotel. Can the address be changed or we have to give the one address from the start?
If we cant change the address so we know to give the address of a friend/family from the start.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Can we change addresses, upon arrival gove them an address and then later say there is a change of address and give them the new address?

C

Classic Chucks

Can we change addresses, upon arrival gove them an address and then later say there is a change of address and give them the new address?
Upon arrival, your husband will be asked where he wants his pr card to be delivered. The address he will tell them will be the only address the pr card will be delivered to. You can try changing it afterwards and try it to be delivered to a new one, but there is no guarantee. I've read one experience from a member here that s/he tried to change the address online and the pr card was still delivered to the address s/he previously mentioned. Stick to one address, that's the key. Good luck.

emerly

Sep 20, 2016
Hi guys, I'm filling out the application and I have some questions. My husband, a Canadian citizen, is sponsoring me, an American citizen.

• We don't have shared assets and we live in his family's house. So what kind of proof could I show that we live together and support each other financially?
  • Can you use the same document for two different pieces of evidence?
  • On the checklist, it wants more proof that our relationship is recognized by friends/family, and lists 'letters from friends/family' as an example. What kind of letters? And what would be considered "social media information showing a public relationship?
  • My husband works part time and only makes $1000 a month. Does he make enough money to be accepted as a sponsor?
  • I'm worried they'll think we're not genuine because we didn't post about our marriage on FB. Our wedding was in May. Should we post pictures from it now?
  • My husband's IMM5669 won't validate because we don't know his estranged father's Date of Birth. What should we do?

• Likewise, I don't know where or when my half sister was born. Is my Additional Family Information form not considered complete?

I only have 10 days left to submit the package so I would really appreciate your help! Thank you

toothless

Mar 25, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Did you get your PPR yet? I am sure you can. Just like those who are working in Middle East, when they got their PPR, they submitted the passport to the nearest VAC where they are instead of MVO.
thank you. yes i got the passport request in June.

Tomsoi

Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone, there's lots of great information here and I'm trying to sort through it all. I've got a good general idea, and just want to check that I'm on the right track.

Currently my partner and I are living abroad and working our way through the document collection and form filling for the common-law sponsorship. We're planning on returning to Canada in September (I'm registered in a 2 year MA course, so that should satisfy that necessary proof). Ideally she'd like to work ASAP, but she can play the temporary housewife role if need be.

We're just trying to decide our best plan of action at this point, I see 3 choices:
  • Apply from overseas (can she enter while the application is processing? We're only 2 months away from the entry date)
  • Enter on a tourist visa and apply from within Canada (is this legal-ish? We can do a round trip ticket if need be, just to be safe)
  • Enter on a working-holiday visa and apply for PR after (assuming that will process in time)
We'd like the freedom to maybe take an overseas trip for Christmas/NY, so maybe the inland option isn't the best choice?

Any thoughts/ideas?

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi everyone, there's lots of great information here and I'm trying to sort through it all. I've got a good general idea, and just want to check that I'm on the right track.

Currently my partner and I are living abroad and working our way through the document collection and form filling for the common-law sponsorship. We're planning on returning to Canada in September (I'm registered in a 2 year MA course, so that should satisfy that necessary proof). Ideally she'd like to work ASAP, but she can play the temporary housewife role if need be.

We're just trying to decide our best plan of action at this point, I see 3 choices:
  • Apply from overseas (can she enter while the application is processing? We're only 2 months away from the entry date)
  • Enter on a tourist visa and apply from within Canada (is this legal-ish? We can do a round trip ticket if need be, just to be safe)
  • Enter on a working-holiday visa and apply for PR after (assuming that will process in time)
We'd like the freedom to maybe take an overseas trip for Christmas/NY, so maybe the inland option isn't the best choice?

Any thoughts/ideas?
These are all good options, if you apply inland she can apply for an open work permit at the same time so thats an option. From what i read they usually send these out 4 months or so after applying, if shes there on WHP or visitor visa she will be under implied status until a decision is made on the open work permit.

Reactions: Tomsoi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think you may want to get another opinion about counting days towards PR if you are accompanying a Canadian citizen. I believe that it means that you would be able to count days if your wife (Canadian) was working for the government, military, etc outside of Canada. That is not your case.

Hi guys. It has been a while since o visited this forum :) So much has changed in the last 2 years.

I got my PR in October 2015 and moved to Toronto in December 2015. Stayed and worek there for 10 months, until I received a business offer back home. Came to Poland in October 2016.
I am planning to move back to Toronto in April 2018 and wondering if I will have any problems at the border. My Canadian wife is with me here, in Poland. It is going to bea year and a half outside Canada.
As I red in previous posts, I know there is the 730 days rule but for now I tottaly moved out of Canada. I have nothing there right now (no job, no address, no business). Can it be a concern for the CBSA?

Second question, how do they check when a person left the country? I heard that there was no system tracking the people leaving the country.

Another question, I am planning to move to Canada. Hovewer, I am planning to keep my business opened here, in Poland so I will be travelling to Poland every 4-6 weeks (staying in Poland for 5-6 days each time). Can that be a concern to the CBSA and can it effect my future PR status?

PS. I just red:
'You may also count days outside of Canada as days that you meet the residency obligation in these situations:
Situation 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada
You may count each day you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada as long as this person is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).
Proof needed
You must provide supporting documents to prove that:
  • The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
  • You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person
My wife (a Canadian citizen) came back to Poland with me and just received a Temporary Resident status but she is not working at all right now so it's more like she is accompanying me, not that I am accompanying her.
Would the time spent with her here in Poland in tis case still count to my 730 days?

Lysa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi guys i am new here and extremely confused about how to fill the immigration forms fir my husband.

Can someone please tell me how to fill the Imm5532 form Relationship one. I need step by step instructions for each question tbh, its very vague, part B all questions especially the one about being related.
Like me and my husband are couusins but second because both our parents are cousins so how will i go about identifying this.
Tbere is only 5 spaces fir ppl
And the next one about if pa has relatives incanada who do i lost since i have extensive fam here who are obviously also related to him...... he has a first blood cousin in Toronto so do i just list that?
If someone can please help me answer this it will be great !!!

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Upon arrival, your husband will be asked where he wants his pr card to be delivered. The address he will tell them will be the only address the pr card will be delivered to. You can try changing it afterwards and try it to be delivered to a new one, but there is no guarantee. I've read one experience from a member here that s/he tried to change the address online and the pr card was still delivered to the address s/he previously mentioned. Stick to one address, that's the key. Good luck.
I have talked to someone who says that he went into Canada the first time on the immigration visa, however, he did not wait until he got the PR card to leave, but left anyways. Then he applied a second time for the immigration visa to be able to enter Canada, since he did not get the PR card. Is that possible? if so would it take special paper and how much time would it need.

There is an option of a very dear friend in Toronto who can send me the PR card if it does get delivered after we leave. However, we intend to live in London. I have been told that I cannot do that, since I would have to be living in the same city that we give the address for the PR card to be sent. Do we have to do the health card and the SIN card directly upon arrival, cant this be done the next time we land in Canada?

It is usually 63 days for the PR card to be out, but does it sometimes take less time or more time? is 63 days the average number of days?

We are looking for options we have in regards to staying there for 70 days and wait for the PR card to be out or whether we leave and someone can send it to us.

I dont know if you anything about the above situations.

Thanks for the help.

Noor