+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sponsoring my wife's outland PR application.
Received AOR on 10 Feb.
SA on 21 Feb.
Have been trying to link the application to an online account since then. In vain.
Have tried all the options in filling up the details. To no avail.
It's been over a week now.
What to do?

zayceva

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

Applied on November 15th , and February 22nd got asked for proof of my intent to come back to Canada once my husband gets his PR. The next day, February 23rd, I sent it all by mail AND my status changed to Background in Process. They received the documents one business day after that.

Has anyone had similar experiences and what is the average timeline ? How long do they look at this proof and how long after background check changes ?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
IndianJack said:
I'm sponsoring my wife's outland PR application.
Received AOR on 10 Feb.
SA on 21 Feb.
Have been trying to link the application to an online account since then. In vain.
Have tried all the options in filling up the details. To no avail.
It's been over a week now.
What to do?
Buddy,
Follow the steps below and you'll ok (apparently not all the information is required).It worked for me yesterday.

When linking the account do the following (IT WORKS):
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my wife, no dependents.

Hope it helps!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majesty said:
Please Help! Confused about Schedule A!

Hi everyone,

My Partner (PA) received an email today from CIC requesting us to send via email or mail a completed Schedule A and Schedule 1. The letter is as follows:

Date: March 2, 2017

UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application:XXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXX (applicant) :

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence as a member of the Family Class received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter (2017/04/01).

UCI # XXXXX - (Name of applicant):

> Schedule 1: A separate and newly completed Supplement to Schedule 1 Background

Declaration form found in the IMM3908. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/01

> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration

form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/01

If Submitting the Documents via Mail/E-mail

All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193,

Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520,

Mexico D.F. Mexico

E-mail: MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that you originally provided which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

My questions are as follows:

1) My partner (PA) can only send a letter through courier or postal service or via email to the email address provided?

The reason I am asking is because when I go into myCIC account and look under View my applications, the option was made available to upload both of these forms.
However, we are hesitant to do so because in the above letter is stated we need to send Schedule A (IMM 5669) signed bearing an original signature (so that means no electronic uploads even though that option is available in myCIC account with linked application?)

If we were to send the letter via email, do we scan a printed copy with the original signature? It's just more of a hassle to send the document by courier and I'm afraid that the more hands that are involved in transferring the document, the more chance it will get lost.

Anyways, if anyone got this kind of letter and/or had dealing with the Mexico VO, please let me know which route you found was the best to get the documents there.

If photocopying and scanning the forms and then emailing them worked for anyone before, let me know. Am leaning towards doing it this way.

Thanks in advance, sorry this is so long.
Hi ,
I was dealing with Mexico VO , I remember at the time of Schedule A update request came a request for few more documents .like PGR , Photos . so it's was wise to courier them rather then email or upload them to them to MyCIC as they need the original signature .

so you must go the courier route for this one , other documents that doesn't require original signature I was able to email them to the embassy and they had no issues receiving them that way .

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm sponsoring my wife, she will be getting her police background check, should she have the police background check "Notarized" ?

Thnak you

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Hi guys so after receiving passport request in January my visa office calls to request for csq..which has expired ..so I need to renew it my question is how long will it take to renew the csq ? For our passport to be returned ?

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hey guys. Anyone know processing time for spouse sponsorship for first marriage India. Showing 12 month on cic site but i heard its around 6 months is that true and what is the process. They received file on 14th feb 2017. When will i get file number and request for medical?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Maddy44 said:
Hey guys. Anyone know processing time for spouse sponsorship for first marriage India. Showing 12 month on cic site but i heard its around 6 months is that true and what is the process. They received file on 14th feb 2017. When will i get file number and request for medical?
You should be getting your file # soon (or application returned if incomplete or missing documents), I applied on Feb 16 and already received File # as per my signature.

Usman Azhar

Mar 1, 2017
Hey. I'm new here. I wanted to know if applying for spouse visit visa any way hinders PR application? Is it fine if I apply for my spouse PR application a week after applying visit visa application? Or vice versa? Which is better?

miebadeh

Mar 1, 2017
miebadeh said:
Hi everyone,

I need help/advice.

I submitted paper application to CIC and got notification to link my application. I finally managed to link it after about 1 week of trying (see above post), but every time i click on "view submitted application"; i get the following error:

============================
Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:OYWU21BR (2017-03-01 11:05:49)
Sorry
This on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons::
We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
============================

This has been happening for the past 10 days. I also got a notification from CIC to submit my police certificate and I am not able to upload it because i cant view my linked application.
I submitted the error report to IRCC multiple times and they responded only once to tell me to use IE9 and clear my browser cache (it didnt help obviously).

To complicate things further, my spouse (the sponsor) got an email notification that the application was sent to Bucharest (Romania) for processing even though we are applying from Abu Dhabi (UAE) and there is an immigration center here.

Now I'm lost, online i cant submit my application. Do i mail a hardcopy to Mississauga? do i mail a hardcopy to Bucharest? do i wait for some miracle that makes my linked application open?

On a side note, I also tried linking my application to a new GCKey account and opening it from there. The application linked to the new account, but i got the same error when i tried to access the application. I then went and linked it back to my original GCKey account since all my error reports were there and tried again. no luck.

Did anyone face this problem? What is your advice?

Thank you in advance!!!

Best Regards,
Mohd
Update: So i got a response finally by email, telling me that they confirm receipt of my police certificate that I sent through IRCC webform. But they offered no help/suggestion about how to fix my access to the linked application.

Anyone face this issue?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Usman Azhar said:
Hey. I'm new here. I wanted to know if applying for spouse visit visa any way hinders PR application? Is it fine if I apply for my spouse PR application a week after applying visit visa application? Or vice versa? Which is better?
Makes no difference. They will look at your spouse's ties to their home country etc.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Plzzz help!!! My spouse is asked to provide a photocopy of new passport since its going to be expired in July. Will this delay our processing time?

Vix2587

Oct 26, 2013
Hello Guys,

I need your prime support and expertise on Spousal PR application. Here goes my story:

Background - Me (Indian and PR Canada), Wife (Indian and H1B USA).
Relationship - Since 2008, I have all the pictures, mails, messages or chats to justify my relationship.
Marriage - In Canada with 6 friends at my apartment. Only marriage certificate from Ontario government and marriage pictures are there. We didn't do Engagement and reception. Will be doing a social marriage in December back in India.

My questions?
1. Should I take the help of a Consultant/Lawyer?
2. What all documents are required to support my relationship apart from what i mentioned above? (like letters from friends - Any specific format / template would be helpful)
3. Is it a concern that i did a small wedding without family in Canada?

Please help guys. I can do all the paperwork on my own. I am more concerned about the lack of ceremonies and not including our families in marriage, as we couldn't afford it at that point of time.

Thanks in advance.
VA

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks.

Maybe a not so random question. My wife received an email recently that had another letter from CIC in it. In that it stated that our application was sent to CPC-Ottawa. This got me confused because I expected our application to be sent to Vienna since im from Germany.
Anyone has some insights on situations like that?