+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ha100

Jan 21, 2011
Thank you Baloo for your response. It is really helping me to decide on outland or inland
Do you think that extending her visitor visa is possible with option 1 and during the submission of outland PR application
Can i send the visa extension along with outland application or
does the visitor visa extension is only possible in case of inland PR application?

If the answer is yes, then i would go with inland since her visa will expire in 3 months and if visa cannot be extended, she may have to leave Canada and come back when outland PR application is done. Cairo visa office takes 13 months to process application + sponsorship approval time. Inland takes about the same time from 12-18 months. Inland would give the chance to be together while application is processing. I appreciate your advice.
Thanks

mk29

Jan 19, 2011
missinghim said:
Like i said in my reply, my spouse's father gave a notarized declaration on a stamp paper stating that they dont have the birth certificate and that he is their son, born on blah blah on blah blah etc
Along with this, my spouse submitted the 10th class certificate and mark sheet supporting this...In india 10th class certificates act as birth cert.

yes to voter id - we did. But i dont kno if they would care if u didnt.
We did just in case!

Anyways we asked ND embassy/VO itself (not just CIC) & they said what we got (all of the above) is acceptable n good enough!!

As for the different names not matching..i dont really know. My husband has a simple short first name and simple short last name so we didn t have that issue. I would think that the solution could be simply getting it notarized letter from a notary saying its the same person..u would have to appear in front of a notary n u would have to take all the documents with u to a notary! Well u or spouse..whoever docs they r.

Why dont u post ur Q on the ND 2010 thread...they are all ppl applyin for sponsorship thru new delhi. Some r more ahead in their app than others. Some may have had this issue before.
Where is the ND 2010 thread? Can you post the link.

Id like to know how many women have changed their last names in the passport before applying for sponsorship visa. I've asked my wife to change last name on her passport and then I will submit the application form to CIC. In this case, her before marriage last name won't be required to be filled on the application anywhere.

applied03

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Passport Req..
08-12-2010 rec on 11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011 rec on 12-02-2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.0.html
mk29 this is link to ND thread

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi everyone !
I am a Permanent resident of Pakistan and my husband is a Canadian citizen since 20 years. My husband came to Pakistan last month for Nikkah (Formal registration of marriage) for the purpose of documentation. He left for Canada last week and now me and my family is so confused as to where to start the process from. As to my knowledge my husband will sponsor me and fill in all the sponsorship forms plus completion of the document checklist for sponsors and I will have to fill up all the forms in the immigration section and have to submit all the documents pertaining to the same as bulleted in the document checklist for immigration. Once I have completed the requirements of the document checklist for immigration I will forward the whole pack to my husband in Canada and he along with his sponsorship kit will forward all the documents to the Canadian embassy in Mississauga. Please correct me if I am wrong here ! Do I need an immigration consultant or the cic website would do. Please I need thorough guidance on this

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your understanding is correct. You fill out your part and send it to your husband. He fills out his part and sends all the forms together to Mississauga.

hinajameel1984

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Request
waiting!
Med's Done....
waiting!
Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering about a spouse PR application. When an outland application is in progress,is the spouse allowed to travel/visit Canada? Also can a spousal PR be applied for as outland while a spouse is in Canada visiting and then return to her home country?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr70 said:
I am wondering about a spouse PR application. When an outland application is in progress,is the spouse allowed to travel/visit Canada? Also can a spousal PR be applied for as outland while a spouse is in Canada visiting and then return to her home country?
When applying outland for spousal it is ok to travel. The spouse can be visiting Canada at the time they apply outland or they can visit Canada while waiting for processing although if they are not visa exempt, it is often hard to get a TRV. The spouse can leave Canada again during outland processing or apply to extend their visitor status if they want to stay longer than 6 months.

Jan 27, 2011
Hi ,

I sponsor my wife and today I received a "Decision Made "letter from CIC saying my husband and me are meeting the requirements. They said processing of application has been completed and Canada Immigration Centre in Kitchener will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

I am wondering if anybody knows how long it will take to make a final decision or may be for permanent resident card or what is the next step now?
I will really appreciate if someone can tell me specially about Kitchener Immigration centre when they will contact me?

My timelines are:
Applied on 23 April 2010
Started processing 5 July 2010
Decision Made 19th January 2011
Now I got "Decision Made Letter"

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
dear maximus

i send a mail to islamabd embacy..about telephone marriage...i said that my marriage had done on telephone..now my spouse sponsering me..does telephoe marriage is acceptable in canada and in islamabad embacy..and they reply me..here is mail..what did you say about it...

Dear Client:

In reply to your mail (see below) please be informed that its acceptable, only if a proxy (a representative) was appointed by the sponsor to act on their behalf at the wedding and to sign the marriage cert in place of the sponsor's signatures.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Canadian High Commission, Islamabad

P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan

Fax: +92-51-208-6914

Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi ramandaman2011!

As per CIC web site it may take up to 9 months for them to go thru your application

I also have a question for you - how did you know that they started processing your application on Jule 5th? I called them couple of times and they told me, that I'll not see any status updated until they approve the sponsor, i.e. 1st stage approval.

Thanks a lot in advance for sharing!

Jan 27, 2011
Hi Latvian,

I checked my wife's application status with her client id and file was just showing "start processing" and "received" date on application. Rest I don't know much about it .Yea but decision on my application was according to their time deadlines (right now its showing 19th april on CIC website)

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Bilawal thats great...thats fine ur telephone marriage will b accepted..but that doesnt mean ur sponsorship will be and thats what ppl on here were tryin to tell u in so many ways. Maximus was just trying to help.Guide u. U should have contacted the embassy frm the beginning.
Embasy doesnt even like it in some cases if ppl have a small wedding.So over the phone while acceptable to them- Still you will have to include more proof n make it quality proof than the average person on here who didnt have a telephone marriage.
They love proof of relationship...so include ur proof before ur telephone marriage of ur relationship to her, after proof to. just getting married (doesnt matter what means) is not good enough..esp a telephone marriage. They'll accept most thing u give to them but that doesnt mean they'll accept ur sponsorship n approve u. There r lots of fraud marriages a quick marriage esp a telephone marriage will raise red flags.

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let me know how I can pay my wife's fee to London office. Because fee form has hard coded 550 $cad in Applicant column.

How can I write only 550 $cad for my spouse in fee form. OR IF YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY IDEA SUGGESTION SO PLZ LET ME KNOW I M RUNNING OUT OF TIME...

And if someone knows how to add spouse in application so plz please suggest me.

your valuable comments would be highly appreciated.

also you may send me email at "winuke83@hotmail.com. "

Thanks and regards..