+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pocahontas said:
hi, i would like to inquire on how to apply under spousal visa. i am currently working as food services supervisor here in canada, and i would like to help my husband to go here too. he is currently working in Amman, Jordan. I am not PR yet, but i heard from my friends i can help him go here by applying under spousal visa..please give me info/details about this. thanks so much!=)
If you are not PR or a citizen, it is not called sponsorship. If you are on a skilled work permit and I suppose that as a supervisor you are, then you should send your husband a copy of your work permit and job contract and he can apply at his embassy for a TRV and open work permit based on your work permit. He still needs to prove strong ties to home country and that he will not overstay etc.

dorisiana

Nov 13, 2010
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB. 28 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 5 2011
AOR Received.
MAY 6 2011
File Transfer...
APRIL 4 2011
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
God knows what's best for us.
rjessome said:
The Decision Made from Mississauga is about eligibility to sponsor. It has nothing to do with the misrepresentation or H&C at this point. That will be discovered and assessed at the visa post processing the file.
hi. my friend got her PPR yesterday. looks like she got away with the misrep.. lucky!

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
I have an update for all of you.. My husband was at our VO to hand over some documents yesterday and had the opportunity to speak with someone there with regards to processing times..

We have been told that it takes 4-6 months from the time our VO recieves the documents from the Missassuga office to issue visa! we're very hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later :)

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
hey there
is there anyone here wid F FILENO. LIKE Fxxxxxxxx ??

pocahontas

Feb 2, 2011
Leon said:
If you are not PR or a citizen, it is not called sponsorship. If you are on a skilled work permit and I suppose that as a supervisor you are, then you should send your husband a copy of your work permit and job contract and he can apply at his embassy for a TRV and open work permit based on your work permit. He still needs to prove strong ties to home country and that he will not overstay etc.
thanks so much mr leon..so do you think it is much better for him to go back to the Philippines to apply there or he can apply in the canada embassy in jordan?yah ur right im not PR here yet, and i understand that his open visa will be based on my skilled work permit. mr leon, thank u for giving me light about my concern coz i really dont know how to start the application of my husband. pls advise me again, can he apply for TRV and work permit in Jordan, or he needs to go back home to apply there?thanks again!=)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He can do it in Jordan. If they refuse based on him not having strong ties in Jordan, he can try from the Philippines. He is not guaranteed to get the TRV. It is a possibility that they will not believe that he will not overstay and will deny him but hope for the best.

pocahontas

Feb 2, 2011
Leon said:
He can do it in Jordan. If they refuse based on him not having strong ties in Jordan, he can try from the Philippines. He is not guaranteed to get the TRV. It is a possibility that they will not believe that he will not overstay and will deny him but hope for the best.
oh i see, so if he will be interviewed by a canadian officer in jordan, he must not tell them that i am currently applying for PR here?u said sir he needs to establish strong ties both in Jordan and Philipines and must prove the officer that he will not overstay here..so he will not tell them that i am processing my PR?what r the examples of how to establish strong ties?thanks so much again!=)

Chester

Jan 25, 2011
Hi all, Good luck to you all but from our experience don't hold your breath. For us it has been a year and they haven't even processed the sponsors application. We are fast bacoming cinics of the system here. We purchased a hose here in anticipation of a reasonably timed application purchased vehicles and so far the wait has been beyond humane. We have even sent emails to ministers andd members of parliament in our area and they are too arrogant to even bother replying. Our advice be prepared for much frustration and a system where the left hand does not know what the rightr hand is doing. If you have any money and qualifications think about immigrating somewhere else, it seems Canada is oly seeking those on welfare. We are talking about selling up and leaving here due to the time as last I spoke to someone I was told it could be another 18 months. Our 2 children (Who are Canadian) deserve better than this. Think twice folks or be prepared for a long wait, a lot of frustration and a diet of bullshit!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pocahontas said:
oh i see, so if he will be interviewed by a canadian officer in jordan, he must not tell them that i am currently applying for PR here?u said sir he needs to establish strong ties both in Jordan and Philipines and must prove the officer that he will not overstay here..so he will not tell them that i am processing my PR?what r the examples of how to establish strong ties?thanks so much again!=)
He must tell them that you are applying for PR if you are including him in the application. If he doesn't tell them, they will find out anyway and will be even more suspicious.

pocahontas

Feb 2, 2011
Leon said:
He must tell them that you are applying for PR if you are including him in the application. If he doesn't tell them, they will find out anyway and will be even more suspicious.
ok sir, tenks so much again!=)

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloo....if anybody can help me...my husband is a citizen of canada for 20 yrs and he is medical student there..we got married on june and our process has been started on sep 27th....now we r living with eachother becuase he is doing his international rotation in iran...and in residency questionnaire we has mentioned that he is in iran now...he cant come back to canada without me we r dependent in eachother:(
so is it vise to get a tourist visa and come back with him???or how much longer i have to saty and how can i explain that it is not possible for us lo leave alone.......

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
to tell or not to tell the IO that we got married outside Canada

Hello,

Hello everybody, this is the first time writing in a Forum. Im planning to get married in my fiance's country, then come back to Canada together. He holds a Multiple entry visa for a year, his first time in Canada was for two months (Dec 2010 - Jan 2011) We are planning to marry in April 2011 and be back by the end of that month... so here are my questions:
1. do we pass together at the Port of Entry?
2. do I speak first (canadian citizen) and handle both passports?
3. do we tell the IO that we are married (marriage certificate in hand)?
4. or we pass separated, him first?
5. and ... how we present our case so he can enter Canada and then proceed to apply for a PR...
We want to apply for the inland form, we dont want to lie, and ya we dont want to lie.
we are arriving by air
so, if we passed as a couple, then what do we say
Scenario 1: we handle our passports, if he asks: why do you went to SA, and he asks my husband: what are your reasons for coming today to Canada?
Scenario 2: if I go alone, and I say I went to visit my fiance? nope my who in reality will be my husband...
Scenario 2: He goes alone and says that he come to visit ME: wife...
Scenario 3: what if he the IO starts asking more questions... then what...
Last question: if the IO gets the info that we are husband and wife, can the IO deny him the entry to CA, allthough he is my legal husband?

BTW when he got his visa he was invited by my sister and brother in law to come and visit them... not me... so the purspose of the first visit was not a dual Intent.
He holds a visitors multiple entry visa for a year period
Inland application seems the best for us since Pretoria, SA is taking 17 month to deal with sponsorships and we dont want to be separated anymore.

Thank you again for your kind attention

Dee

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
Hi canadiancitizen, I agree with you you should not lie. But also, I would not offer information unless asked.

So, here is what I would do. Cross the entry separately, he has come to Canada before? If so he could say that he is coming to visit a friend as before, which is still borderline true. But don't lie. Do not offer information unless asked. If you lie, this will be difficult for your PR application as you may be flagged as coming in with dual intent.

Not sure that it helps, it is very touchy and tense situation. This is the reason, that although my fiancee has come before, we are doing the wedding in Brazil, originally we wanted to do it in Canada. Also when she came, it was only a single entry visa, now if she were to reapply, we would have to say that she is engaged and the chances are slim to none that we would get another one from what we are told.

Just curious, where is he from?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Great, thank you Leroadrunner for your advise, I will follow it. He is from South Africa.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Unfortunately, I was married before and when i was getting into Canada, and when the immigration officer asked me what is your purpose, I said, I want to see my sister who is sick and also what I do etc. Since I was international student In US, I showed her my US University Documents and They let me in. They didnt ask me my material status or anything. Since When I applied for visitor visa, I was single. Now when applying the extension of the visa, they want to know what reason I came into canada? Since I have been living with my husband, and applying for inland application. I am a little confused on that of what do to.

Can anyone help how did it could be handled?