+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sponsoring my wife's outland PR application.
CIC received our application on Jan 20.
My sponsorship application got approved on Feb 21.
CIC asked for Schedule A and PCC.
I've been trying to link our application to CIC login.
Every time i fill in the details, it prompts: application not found, try again after 24 hours.
It's been a week now.
Anyone else in the same boat?
Any suggestions?

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prvc said:
Try these steps:

Not mine. Credit goes to the owner.

"1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application."
Thanks for your reply.
I tried this, but it didn't work.
Any other suggestions?

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Do sponsored spouse need to bring proof of fund?. Can permanent resident husband give his bank statement to sponsored spouse fr the requirement?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
mohan99 said:
Do sponsored spouse need to bring proof of fund?. Can permanent resident husband give his bank statement to sponsored spouse fr the requirement?
No need for the PR's income.

miebadeh

Mar 1, 2017
IndianJack said:
Thanks for your reply.
I tried this, but it didn't work.
Any other suggestions?
Hi,
I tried all possibilities (adding space, playing with number of applicants, tying sponsors data instead of PA...etc) and nothing worked. I was not able to link my account. What worked was "Report Technical Issue" from my logged in account and specifying the Application type as "link application to this account". Explain clearly that u tried all possibilities and include screen shots from what you filled and what is in your application (showing that the info u entered is correct). They did not respond to me by email or message in my account, but a few days later i tried again and it linked.

Hope this helps.

miebadeh

Mar 1, 2017
Hi everyone,

I need help/advice.

I submitted paper application to CIC and got notification to link my application. I finally managed to link it after about 1 week of trying (see above post), but every time i click on "view submitted application"; i get the following error:

============================
Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:OYWU21BR (2017-03-01 11:05:49)
Sorry
This on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons::
We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
============================

This has been happening for the past 10 days. I also got a notification from CIC to submit my police certificate and I am not able to upload it because i cant view my linked application.
I submitted the error report to IRCC multiple times and they responded only once to tell me to use IE9 and clear my browser cache (it didnt help obviously).

To complicate things further, my spouse (the sponsor) got an email notification that the application was sent to Bucharest (Romania) for processing even though we are applying from Abu Dhabi (UAE) and there is an immigration center here.

Now I'm lost, online i cant submit my application. Do i mail a hardcopy to Mississauga? do i mail a hardcopy to Bucharest? do i wait for some miracle that makes my linked application open?

On a side note, I also tried linking my application to a new GCKey account and opening it from there. The application linked to the new account, but i got the same error when i tried to access the application. I then went and linked it back to my original GCKey account since all my error reports were there and tried again. no luck.

Did anyone face this problem? What is your advice?

Thank you in advance!!!

Best Regards,
Mohd

Chachatsina

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 28, 2017
AOR Received.
Application received: February 10, 2017 AOR 1: March 4, 2017. SA received: March 13, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront medical done November 17, 2016
any news for january applicants po? It been a month after we submit our application. :(

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Requested Police Report from Cuba over 5 months 20 days now and still waiting for the PC. is this normal??

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Re: Spousal sponsorship

My application was received on Jan 31 was able to link on Feb 22 but still no AOR. Can anyone please help me what is going on with my application. Here is the status from GCkey

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Not Started
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

kartik_985

Aug 29, 2014

Hi,

I am applying for my spouse PR and got into some confusion on fees payment part. I am applying for her open work permit too.

Do I need to make 2 payments, one for Sponsor+PR fees and other one for open work permit fees ?

Thanks,
Kartik

cwyattbeck

Feb 27, 2017

kartik_985 said:
Hi,

I am applying for my spouse PR and got into some confusion on fees payment part. I am applying for her open work permit too.

Do I need to make 2 payments, one for Sponsor+PR fees and other one for open work permit fees ?

Thanks,
Kartik
You don't HAVE to pay it. But if you are submitting everything up front (recommended) then yes you would pay it all at once.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Chachatsina said:
any news for january applicants po? It been a month after we submit our application. :(
Background check in progress as of 2/28. You can see my other timeline next to my name.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...