canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kapatel said:
1) Should I wait to get married with her until I get my PR card?

2)Can I put PR file for her immediately after getting married (Canadian registered marriage)?

3)What is the process to apply for her OWP? And how long it takes to get OWP for her? Processing time?

4)Do I need to apply for her PR and OWP at same time?

5)If Officer asked me about my marriage plan during my landing at border, what should I tell them?

6) She has cleared PEBC and wanted to start internship in Alberta. Is it possible to start internship on implied status or applied status?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-question-regarding-spousal-pr-file-spousal-owp-and-timeline-t472684.0.html;msg5750822#msg5750822

6. She must stop working when her PGWP expires and can only work again when she receives the OWP.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
abright said:
Hey Forum,

Moving slowly through the initial document-gathering process and I've got a quick question about PCCs.

The CIC website seems to indicate that you have to get a PCC from any place you've lived six months or more cumulatively since the age of 18. But I see people on the forums discussing it as if it's six months or more continuously. Why the discrepancy?

Here's my specific situation: I'm an American citizen and I have family in South Africa. I have made annual trips to visit them almost every year. The visits are usually about two to four weeks long and were strictly tourist/family oriented. I have always maintained my own home address (and work or school connections) back in the States. In other words, I never "moved" to South Africa or "lived there" (in my own layman's understanding of that term). But added together, the total number of visits would tally to more than six months. Do I need to get a PCC from South Africa?

Thanks in advance!
As a US citizen you request an FBI History Record, that's all you'll need.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hey all,

My application is supposed to arrive to CIC tomorrow. I have few questions:

1. For form 5669. do I need to validate it even if I don't have the UCI and Application numbers? or do I need to wait till I get them so I can put them in the form then validate the form? Which comes first?

2. I saw few people who were able to link their accounts even before getting AOR 1, does worth the try to link the account once they get my application tomorrow? If so, how can I link my account?

russellmut

Feb 10, 2017
Hello everyone. Thank you for the help this forum have done. Lots of great information here.

I have a general question about Sponsoring my wife. We are married and living together. Currently working on submitting the Sponsorship Spouse forms. I am perflexed with this one document:

In the 'Proof Of Relationship to Sponsor' section, I marked down that we are living together.

The form says that if we said "yes", we would have to:
"provide documentation from two (2) of the following three (3) sets of options"

This request got me confused.
1) Are you supposed to provide 2 documents from the 3 options?
--i.e. I provide 1 document for the Joint ownership.

OR

2) Are we supposed to provide 2 documents for all 3 sets of options?
--i.e. I provide 2 documents about utilities accounts.

If someone can please clarify, that would be great.

---
Also, in this section:

· Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal
applicant; (Minimum 1 document).
Is this for common-law specific? At the moment, we are living with my family and we do not have residential property to provide or any rental agreements. Can you provide an example of what we can provide for this section?

___
Thank you to anyone who answers. I hope to do the same for future questions in here.

Russell

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
luissuarez said:
Hey all,

My application is supposed to arrive to CIC tomorrow. I have few questions:

1. For form 5669. do I need to validate it even if I don't have the UCI and Application numbers? or do I need to wait till I get them so I can put them in the form then validate the form? Which comes first?

2. I saw few people who were able to link their accounts even before getting AOR 1, does worth the try to link the account once they get my application tomorrow? If so, how can I link my account?
1) You'll receive an email from CIC directing you to link your application online with MyCIC ("AOR1"). You'll receive your UCI and Application number in that email. You can then enter it into IMM5669 and validate it. They use the barcode page generated by validating to enter your info and link it to your app, so its better to wait.

2) You won't be able to link your application to MyCIC for at least a week or two after they receive your app. With the new process, it's better to wait until you have the AOR1 email.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
1) You'll receive an email from CIC directing you to link your application online with MyCIC ("AOR1"). You'll receive your UCI and Application number in that email. You can then enter it into IMM5669 and validate it. They use the barcode page generated by validating to enter your info and link it to your app, so its better to wait.

2) You won't be able to link your application to MyCIC for at least a week or two after they receive your app. With the new process, it's better to wait until you have the AOR1 email.
That's actually going to be the sponsor's UCI number, not the PA's.

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
41 days passed.. :'( :'( Waiting for my PPR. Can anybody tell how long i have to wait??? :'( :'( :'(

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
I thought the new AOR1 emails going out also had the PA's UCI number as well? Not sure. You'd think if they want you to link your app on MyCIC, they'd provide both?

I hate when they change things. Although it sounds more streamlined than the process we went through...

Aminasg

Feb 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am applying to sponsor my spouse who lives outside Canada. I have prepared the whole application using the old application kit and submit it 26th of January 2016 which was delivered a day after when there was still 2 days until the deadline (31st), but the whole application was returned not-processed on February 1st 2017 with a very general letter not pointing to anything specific. So first of I am wondering what would be the reasons? My only guess is they want me to go with new application kit instead. Do you have any other idea?

Secondly, I am submitting this new application but as I already have the police certificate and medical exam for my spouse, do you recommend that I submit these two documents with the rest of application as well while it is said to send them later upon their request (immigration office request I mean)? or wait for their request and then send them?

Lastly, I am living in Toronto for a few months now but I am still getting paid from McGill university in Montreal as I am phd student there and I am submitting my thesis. I have intention to stay here in Toronto and that is why I do not want to apply from Quebec province. Does it make any confusion that my income tax for previous year is from Quebec but I am saying that I am a resident of Ontario?? Do I need to explain the situation and attache any documents like ontario health card, ontari car registeration, home insurance, car insurance, driving license and these type of documents as proof or it is not required?

I really appreciate your opinion and answers in this regard.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danawhitaker said:
Wrong . That actually will be the PA's UCI number , Canadians by birth sponsor's don't have UCI numbers , just so you know .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TANMEX said:
Wrong . That actually will be the PA's UCI number , Canadians by birth sponsor's don't have UCI numbers , just so you know .
All sponsors are assigned a UCI. I am Canadian by birth and was given a UCI when I sponsored my partner.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
All sponsors are assigned a UCI. I am Canadian by birth and was given a UCI when I sponsored my partner.
Allora at AOR1 PA and Sponsor get assigned a UCI Number each and then at AOR2 PA gets a File Number .

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi im a July 11th applicant I go my passport request with 2 photos today finally and online it says DM, does this mean that I got approved ? And how long after they get my passport I can get it back? Please let me know.
Thank you

brownie101

Feb 10, 2017
If my husband is in India and I am a Canadian Citizen, is it safe to start his application here in Canada and go live with him in India afterwards until the application is approved, or should we apply from India itself, because I plan on living with him until he gets the visa.

Also are their any restrictions on travelling if i apply in Canada. Can I travel right the next day after starting the application, because I heard I can only travel once the application is accepted. Thanks

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Kara123 said:
Hi im a July 11th applicant I go my passport request with 2 photos today finally and online it says DM, does this mean that I got approved ? And how long after they get my passport I can get it back? Please let me know.
Thank you
Yes, you were approved! Congratulations!

Not sure how long to get passport back. Depends on the Visa Office. Which one is your application at?