Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2017
AOR Received.
04-07-2017
Hi Guys,

I need help as I just came back getting married from India. Can anyone help me get all the details on how to apply and the things I need.

Thanks for the help

msemmz

Nov 16, 2016
Hi,

I'm Canadian Citizen and my husband is American. We have been married for 15 years and have 2 kids and haven't done our paperwork as of yet. I had lived down in the US for some time as well but we have been back for about 5 years now. Most of the time he was going back and forth but there were also times where he did stay longer than he should have. We are currently finishing up the paperwork to submit and almost done (medical and fbi checks are also already done) but just had some concerns regarding when he overstayed. We will be applying outland but my question is what I write down for his addresses during this duration? Do we use our address here in Canada? We have all his US mail going to our relatives home just across the border but that is not his physical address. I want to make sure we have everything filled out correct and so we do not delay it any longer.

Thank you!

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
QUESTION

On "ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFOMATION IMM5406" form it says:

"Complete ALL names in English and in your NATIVE LANGUAGE"

when my spouse fills this form in English does she also have to write all the names in Bengali language (Bangladesh)?

Thank you

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ojofar said:
QUESTION

On "ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFOMATION IMM5406" form it says:

"Complete ALL names in English and in your NATIVE LANGUAGE"

when my spouse fills this form in English does she also have to write all the names in Bengali language (Bangladesh)?

Thank you
Languages such as Bengali have different alphabets, so that's what they are looking for. 1 version with English characters, 1 in Bengali

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
PR visa was refused for my grandmother (her husband went to marry her in her country, outbound marriage).
He's Canadian, she's Colombian.
He has 30 days to appeal.
2 Big questions: If he appeals and it fails, can he appeal again at a higher court ?
If not, what other option(s) are left, if any ?

Thanks to all that answered previously.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Patrick H said:
PR visa was refused for my grandmother (her husband went to marry her in her country, outbound marriage).
He's Canadian, she's Colombian.
He has 30 days to appeal.
2 Big questions: If he appeals and it fails, can he appeal again at a higher court ?
If not, what other option(s) are left, if any ?

Thanks to all that answered previously.
Didn't they apply as conjugal although they face no barriers to getting married? If so - they were correctly refused. There's no point appealing. It will end in another refusal. They need to get married and then reapply from scratch.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
You are correct, they did apply as conjugal, they waited for visiting visa for her to come and do the marriage in Canada early last year. It was refused and so he did go to her country and marry her there before her IO interview. Which brings me to another question. If they reapply as spousal, do they have to wait the full 9 yards or would immigration take all that done time waiting into consideration ?
Thanks Scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Patrick H said:
You are correct, they did apply as conjugal, they waited for visiting visa for her to come and do the marriage in Canada early last year. It was refused and so he did go to her country and marry her there before her IO interview. Which brings me to another question. If they reapply as spousal, do they have to wait the full 9 yards or would immigration take all that done time waiting into consideration ?
Thanks Scylla
It will be treated as a new application and go through all of the same processing as a new application. So yes - they'll have to wait again.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Patrick H said:
Thanks Scylla

What did her refusal letter say? I assume it was due to the "conjugal" issue, but I'd be interested to know.

It's unfortunate IRCC took their application to the very end instead of just refusing immediately or acknowledging the marriage. That might be their policy though, I don't know.

Either way, they need to reapply. At least the system is potentially more streamlined now, so it might be faster. I hope they take the time to explain every issue when they reapply. Try to cover all the issues the officers had. Get them to apply for GCMS notes.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
They are married and they were married not long before she had her interview with the IO in her country. There are a few reasons listed in the refusal and none having to do at all with the conjugal or spousal application type. One is that the IO is not convinced that she is in an established conjugal relationship. 2- That she was refused refugee status in early 2014 ( that was a full year or more before she even met her husband).3-That during the time she and her husband were together ( 7 months) they have not shown any substantial proof that they combined their affairs financially and socially together. 4- That they haven't shown exceptional circumstanced to have lived together at least a year.

They could't have lived together as she had to go back home to her country as her visa expired (she was not deported). They were together physically for 7 months in Canada.
They constantly communicated ever since by phone and eMail. Photos together and with family here in Canada, eMails, receipts of money sent to her etc. were all included in the application.
All paperwork/medical/police report/translations/fees paid all done.
As far as combining financial affairs together, before marriage ??? Do couples usually do that or perhaps wait a little after marriage ?
Socially together? They were always either at her daughter's house or at his father's house always eating together like one big family. He's Italian.

Jan 2, 2017
IMM1344 this form is under both sponser section and principal applicant section, should I send two copies of this same form to immigration or one is enough.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Patrick H said:
They are married and they were married not long before she had her interview with the IO in her country. There are a few reasons listed in the refusal and none having to do at all with the conjugal or spousal application type.

One is that the IO is not convinced that she is in an established conjugal relationship.

4- That they haven't shown exceptional circumstanced to have lived together at least a year.

They could't have lived together as she had to go back home to her country as her visa expired (she was not deported).
None having to do with conjugal? Except for reasons 1 and 4...

They could have lived together in Colombia.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm in process of collecting documents and filling forms to apply Outland Sponsorship Application. I'm using new forms and I have a question:

IMM5532E: RELATIONSHIP INFORMATION AND SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION:
PART C - INFORMATION ABOUT RELATIONSHIP

QUESTION 3: Are you living together now? Yes/No

In my situation: After my wedding (Since Nov 2016) I'm living temporarily in india and working remotely from my employer until I finish sending out this application, so should I say 'YES' we are living together or 'NO'?

I'm confused because my current stay is just temporary, I will go back to Canada in next 15 days.