Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
My husband is a temporary worker in saskatchewan and about to receive his medical call in a month as he received an email from cic regarding his police certificate. I am currently in pakistan and thinking about options to unite with my husband soon. Should i apply for an open work permit and trv and then submit my spousal file inbound when i go to canada.
Or should i submit my immigration file and then apply for TRV?
What is the best option for me as my husband is about to receive his immigration status and we dont want his file to get pushed back if i apply for my spousal immigration file with his file right now.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samzzk said:
My husband is a temporary worker in saskatchewan and about to receive his medical call in a month as he received an email from cic regarding his police certificate. I am currently in pakistan and thinking about options to unite with my husband soon. Should i apply for an open work permit and trv and then submit my spousal file inbound when i go to canada.
What is the best option for me as my husband is about to receive his immigration status and we dont want his file to get pushed back if i apply for my spousal immigration file with his file right now.
Your husband MUST ADD YOU TO HIS PR APPLICATION! If he does not, he will never be able to sponsor you.

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Samzzk said:
Ok.. I assume you got married after he filed his application. Coz if you were married before he filed, he should have already included you. But be warned, as per visa office instructions:

"CHANGE OF STATUS. Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must immediately inform this office, for further action:

-change in marital status by reason of marriage, divorce, separation, annulment or death"

You may have to think about it..

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Yes he has changes his status in april as we got married in jan 2016 and he had already submitted his file in nov 2015, is that the same thing you are saying?
Also he says hes about to recive his pr medical call in a month and his pr soon so hedid not submit my file for spousal immigration in his file,as he says that if he includes my file now his pr will be pushed to another year

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
Please forgive me if it's a repetitive question. I am sponsoring my husband. For the SA approval, I know they look to see if the sponsor has declared bankruptcy or is receiving social assistance and etc. I don't have any of those, however I do have a loan of 18k that I am paying off. I traveled to see my husband twice this year, therefore I have some credit card bills that I am paying. I do have a decent job that pays well but I have mortgage and other bills too. I got a second job for the weekend so I can pay off my debt quickly. However, I am freaking out that CIC won't approve me because of my debt. I am not sure, if I should hold off to send my application until I can pay my credit card in couple of months or I'll be fine to send my application. I am hoping to send my application by the end of this month. Could someone help me on this please? Many thanks in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aylar10 said:
Please forgive me if it's a repetitive question. I am sponsoring my husband. For the SA approval, I know they look to see if the sponsor has declared bankruptcy or is receiving social assistance and etc. I don't have any of those, however I do have a loan of 18k that I am paying off. I traveled to see my husband twice this year, therefore I have some credit card bills that I am paying. I do have a decent job that pays well but I have mortgage and other bills too. I got a second job for the weekend so I can pay off my debt quickly. However, I am freaking out that CIC won't approve me because of my debt. I am not sure, if I should hold off to send my application until I can pay my credit card in couple of months or I'll be fine to send my application. I am hoping to send my application by the end of this month. Could someone help me on this please? Many thanks in advance.
Shhhhh...you're worrying for no reason. ;)

No need to wait a day longer than you've planned.

Good luck!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
aylar10 said:
No credit cards or other loans or mortgage if you are making minimum payment wouldnt be taken into consideration for your income requirement

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Samzzk said:
Yes he has changes his status in april as we got married in jan 2016 and he had already submitted his file in nov 2015, is that the same thing you are saying?
Also he says hes about to recive his pr medical call in a month and his pr soon so hedid not submit my file for spousal immigration in his file,as he says that if he includes my file now his pr will be pushed to another year
As you've been told several times now, your husband MUST INCLUDE YOU IN HIS PR APP. Failure to do so will result in you being excluded from the Family Class, meaning he will NEVER be able to sponsor you.

Yes, his app will be delayed but really, that's his own fault. Had he added you to the app when you got married in January like he should have, there would have been no delay. It will not take another year; adding a spouse near the end of the process generally adds a few months of processing time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnybegood said:
No credit cards or other loans or mortgage if you are making minimum payment wouldnt be taken into consideration for your income requirement
Even if the OP was in collections...had bill collectors knocking at the door...was facing a Civil lawsuit for unpaid bills, it would have zero impact on being approved as a sponsor.

kirram

Aug 4, 2016
Hi Leon. Need your help. I filed for my spouse sponsorship last year in may 2015. It was trasferred to London office in july.they asked for additional documents in November along with landing fee and police certificate and passport copies. I contacted the mp and they found its still in eligibility phase. Any idea as to how long will it take. It's from pakistan. Thanks it's urgent and need yr assistance

thanks Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
kirram said:
Hi Leon. Need your help. I filed for my spouse sponsorship last year in may 2015. It was trasferred to London office in july.they asked for additional documents in November along with landing fee and police certificate and passport copies. I contacted the mp and they found its still in eligibility phase. Any idea as to how long will it take. It's from pakistan. Thanks it's urgent and need yr assistance
Hello kirram,

To know about your application condition order GCMS note. It will help you lot. How you will get GCMS note is below-------------

GCMS note is you personal request to CIC. But you need to do all this thing. Hope it will help you.

GCMS note is very important. I will tell you how you can get your GCMS note. GCMS note cost 5 Canadian dollar only if you hire a lawyer for your GCMS note he or she will cost 50 Canadian Dollar.

Generally you need to fill up a from name IMM 5744E. pdf. There you see Section A -1. In section A- 1 there you need to fill up applicant full name, given name, date of birth and applicant signature. In this form you see section C -3 there you need to fill up sponsor full name, given name, and email address and in the sectionC- 4 you need to tick email option.
I give the link of this form---------------------------------------

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

Most of the applicants are outland that’s why applicant needs to fill the form and the applicant can scan it and send to the sponsor email address. Because when any sponsor wants to get the GCMS note he or she needs this form.

The other thing the sponsor will fill up the web form to get the GCMS note. When he or she fills this web form she needs to tick the electronic papers option. If anyone chose the electronic paper option in this form he or she will get his or her full application update or what happen to his or her application within 30 days.

When you fill up the IMM 5744E.pdf than you need to fill the web form. Here the link of web form

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Hope it will help you. Best of luck

Regards
Farhana

YshK21

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

I am a PR in Canada. Will be going to India to get married in a few months. I am trying to get a visitor visa for my to be wife before marriage and then apply for her spousal visa from here. My question is can she get her pcc and upfront medicals done before marriage (after her visitor visa is granted). I am thinking around 10-12 days before marriage. It is important as we have a very tight schedule.

Will that cause any issues in the spousal application (with regards to intention and no misrepresentation issue arises as visitor visa will be applied purely as a tourist). Also in the medicals and pcc application is the marital status disclosed because my concern is that later on she would be married and when I apply it should not cause any problems.

Please give me your thoughts/ideas.

Thank you.

tigertech

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
08-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Request
15-08-2016
Med's Done....
31-08-2016
Passport Req..
13-09-216
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
My sponsorship case is IN PROCESS and my 1 daughter has gone to Canada for study

Dear Experts,

I have sponsored my family, which is in Pakistan. The sponsorship case is still in process. One of my daughters got admission in Canada and she got student visa and went to Toronto.
My question is: when the Canadian embassy will ask me to send the passport to Islamabad for visa pasting, i can send the passports of my family members who are in Pakistan but what about my daughter, who is already in Canada? where she will send her passport?

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
Re: My sponsorship case is IN PROCESS and my 1 daughter has gone to Canada for study

tigertech said:
Dear Experts,

I have sponsored my family, which is in Pakistan. The sponsorship case is still in process. One of my daughters got admission in Canada and she got student visa and went to Toronto.
My question is: when the Canadian embassy will ask me to send the passport to Islamabad for visa pasting, i can send the passports of my family members who are in Pakistan but what about my daughter, who is already in Canada? where she will send her passport?
You'll have to tell LVO that she is currently in Canada and most likely they'll give you instructions to send her passport to the office in Ottawa.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
johnybegood said:
Ponga said:
Even if the OP was in collections...had bill collectors knocking at the door...was facing a Civil lawsuit for unpaid bills, it would have zero impact on being approved as a sponsor.
Ponga said:
Shhhhh...you're worrying for no reason. ;)

No need to wait a day longer than you've planned.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your replies. Really appreciate it. This puts me at ease. Now, I can focus on my application :) Have a nice weekend