June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
BonManush said:
You're probably being processed at London VO. I've had friends who were processed within 3 months total time.
no the app has gone to abu dhabi!

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
taniam00 said:
no the app has gone to abu dhabi!
Oh, I wasn't aware that they had a VO there. My friend applied from Dubai and his file went to London.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
BonManush said:
Oh, I wasn't aware that they had a VO there. My friend applied from Dubai and his file went to London.
well i think it depends on how long one is in UAE for. my husband has been working in the gulf for around 9 years. Think thats why they decided to send it to abu dhabi.

Cheshire

Jun 15, 2016
Good time of day to everyone! Still gathering documents and have a little trouble with definitions. I'm sposnor living outside of canada

in the guide it says:

"If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad"

I've moved to Russia in january 2016. Got married in april. It is august now. I'm officially employed here in Moscow and residing here officially with my wife, but i do still have bank account and a car in canada. I've traveled back to canada in february/march to sell a house, but after that, got married here and was staying with my wife. Question is, am i canadian living solely outside of canada and i have to proof intention to return or i have to provide proof of income? I'm not planning on leaving my wife here if this app is going to fail to go back to canada and try to apply while i'm canada.

If i do have to prove to return to canada, can you direct me to some examples of letters for family.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

edited for clarity

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Cheshire said:
Good time of day to everyone! Still gathering documents and have a little trouble with definitions. I'm sposnor living outside of canada

in the guide it says:

"If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad"

I've moved to Russia in january 2016. Got married in april. It is august now. I'm officially employed here in Moscow and residing here officially with my wife, but i do still have bank account and a car in canada. I've traveled back to canada in february/march to sell a house, but after that, got married here and was staying with my wife. Question is, am i canadian living solely outside of canada and i have to proof intention to return or i have to provide proof of income? I'm not planning on leaving my wife to go back to canada and try to "pave the way" so to say.

If i do have to prove to return to canada, can you direct me to some examples of letters for family.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.
yes, you are considered a canadian citizen living exclusively outside of canada. you are currently working and living in another country, so this applies to you. basically, you want the letters to recognize you will be moving back to canada and those family members will be helping you get back on your feet (either with a place to live, a job, financial support, etc.). Make sure to not use any sort of timelines. Using dates too far out can trigger the application to be rejected. it's best to leave dates out and say "immediately upon approval".

Cheshire

Jun 15, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, you are considered a canadian citizen living exclusively outside of canada. you are currently working and living in another country, so this applies to you. basically, you want the letters to recognize you will be moving back to canada and those family members will be helping you get back on your feet (either with a place to live, a job, financial support, etc.). Make sure to not use any sort of timelines. Using dates too far out can trigger the application to be rejected. it's best to leave dates out and say "immediately upon approval".

Thank you for you quick and helpful answer! Just to clarify i'm planning to go back to canada if my wife gets PR as soon as. I'm not going back to canada just so i don't have to prove intent to return.
I was looking more for examples of letters. Like should it be formal or informal? What info relatives should include? amount of rooms they have in the house and which ones they would provide to us? their contact number? to whom it may concern or to CIC or me?

P.S. just wanted to say thank you one more time to CDNPR2014 and to everyone here, spending your own free time and providing helpful answers here for everyone. You guys and gals rock!no, honestly, you all deserve a medal in my eyes.

MrExpat

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Hello Everyone

Finally I have have been called for the interview in few weeks time. Email has Interview along with following long list documents:

ITEMS TO BRING WITH YOU TO INTERVIEW

1. Updated Schedule A forms for you and each dependant, whether accompanying or not.

2. Background documents including any documents to support your answers in the Background/Declaration form (schedule 1)

3. Supplementary Information - Your Travels Forms (IMM 5562) for you and each dependant.

4. Additional Family Information Forms (IMM 5406)

5. Identity and civil status documents for you and your spouse or common-law partner.

6. Children’s information including their birth certificates

7. Police certificates

8. Travel documents and passport.

9. Education documents. Please bring your original educational credentials.

10. Evidence of employment. Please bring a copy of your personal resume (CV) showing your previous work experience and duties, your current and previous employment contracts and reference letters from employers on company letterhead paper which describe your duties and responsibilities. Any employment letters must clearly indicate the full name, title, business address, telephone and fax numbers of the signatory.

11. Evidence of previous work or post-secondary study in Canada for you or your spouse.

12. Proof of relationship to any qualifying relative in Canada (through birth and marriage certificates) and proof of their status in Canada

13. Evidence of any confirmed employment offer in Canada.

14. Proof of sufficient settlement funds currently available and readily transferable to Canada and other financial assets and liabilities, such as personal income tax statements, investments, deeds, property evaluations and mortgages;

15. Any additional evidence that will establish that you meet Canadian immigration requirements.

I mean why "Sufficient Funds"? Is it a case specific list or general list which is sent to everyone? Do we really need to gather all these documents? Really confusing.

Any suggestions/comments PLEASE..!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
MrExpat said:
Hello Everyone

Finally I have have been called for the interview in few weeks time. Email has Interview along with following long list documents:

1. Updated Schedule A forms for you and each dependant, whether accompanying or not.

2. Background documents including any documents to support your answers in the Background/Declaration form (schedule 1)

3. Supplementary Information - Your Travels Forms (IMM 5562) for you and each dependant.

5. Identity and civil status documents for you and your spouse or common-law partner.

7. Police certificates

10. Evidence of employment. Please bring a copy of your personal resume (CV) showing your previous work experience and duties, your current and previous employment contracts and reference letters from employers on company letterhead paper which describe your duties and responsibilities. Any employment letters must clearly indicate the full name, title, business address, telephone and fax numbers of the signatory.

11. Evidence of previous work or post-secondary study in Canada for you or your spouse.

12. Proof of relationship to any qualifying relative in Canada (through birth and marriage certificates) and proof of their status in Canada

14. Proof of sufficient settlement funds currently available and readily transferable to Canada and other financial assets and liabilities, such as personal income tax statements, investments, deeds, property evaluations and mortgages;

15. Any additional evidence that will establish that you meet Canadian immigration requirements.

I mean why "Sufficient Funds"? Is it a case specific list or general list which is sent to everyone? Do we really need to gather all these documents? Really confusing.

Why are they so concerned with employment and education?

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
ImABule said:
Why are they so concerned with employment and education?
Hello ImABlue,

When visa office sends me an interview letter they required my educational original certificate but don’t know why they required employment documents. My interview letter is like this------------

FOR FAMILY CLASS APPLICATIONS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW

Please bring the originals of the following documents with you to your interview. All original documents which are not available in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. If you have already submitted a copy of the original document to our office along with a certified translation (where applicable), you do not need to bring a second copy to your interview. Not all of the items listed here apply to your situation; however, you must be prepared to explain which items are not available or applicable. Please organize your documents in the following order:
Updated Application Forms:
• Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf)
• Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008DEPENU.pdf)
• Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf)
• Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf)
• Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf)

Police Certificates:
• Certificates of Good Conduct or No Criminal Record issued by the law enforcement authorities for you and all family members 18 and over. Certificates are required from all countries in which you or your family members have resided for six months or longer. These certificates may be submitted at a later date if unavailable on the date of the interview.
• Applicants residing in Vietnam must apply in person for a Judicial Certificate, Version 2 (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where their permanent residence is registered.

Civil Documents:
• Marriage/Divorce/Custody/Adoption/Death Certificates (as applicable)
• Birth certificates for all persons included in your application
• Household Registry or Family Book
• National Identity Card for all persons included in your application (if applicable)

Proof of contact with your sponsor:
• You and your sponsor's telephone bills for the past 12 months
• Photos of you and your sponsor taken together at various times during your relationship
• Wedding party photos (if applicable)
• Engagement party photos (if applicable)
• Original letters with envelopes from various times during your relationship, starting with your oldest correspondence
• Original money transfer receipts from your sponsor (if applicable)
• Old family photos showing you and/or your child(ren) with your sponsor (if applicable)
• Proof of your sponsor's visit(s) (airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, pages from your sponsor's passport showing entry and exit stamps, copy of visa(s) used for entry/exit, etc.)

If you are or you have dependant(s) over 22 years of age:
• All secondary and post-secondary school transcripts
• All secondary and post-secondary diplomas, certificates or degrees

Other:
• Passport or Travel Document (if available) for all persons intending to go to Canada (validity should be at least one year from the date of interview)
• Copy of your sponsor's immigrant visa (if applicable)

Regards
Farhana

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrExpat said:
Hello Everyone

7. Police certificates

sufficient funds required for other immigration stream i.e skilled workers etc, I think you are asking questions in the wrong thread , I believe you are not under family class / spousal sponsorship

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
TANMEX said:
sufficient funds required for other immigration stream i.e skilled workers etc, I think you are asking questions in the wrong thread , I believe you are not under family class / spousal sponsorship
I would agree, except OP's timeline says FAM.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
farhana766 said:
Hello ImABlue,

When visa office sends me an interview letter they required my educational original certificate but don’t know why they required employment documents. My interview letter is like this------------

FOR FAMILY CLASS APPLICATIONS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW

Please bring the originals of the following documents with you to your interview. All original documents which are not available in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation. If you have already submitted a copy of the original document to our office along with a certified translation (where applicable), you do not need to bring a second copy to your interview. Not all of the items listed here apply to your situation; however, you must be prepared to explain which items are not available or applicable. Please organize your documents in the following order:
Updated Application Forms:
• Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf)
• Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008DEPENU.pdf)
• Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf)
• Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf)
• Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf)

Police Certificates:
• Certificates of Good Conduct or No Criminal Record issued by the law enforcement authorities for you and all family members 18 and over. Certificates are required from all countries in which you or your family members have resided for six months or longer. These certificates may be submitted at a later date if unavailable on the date of the interview.
• Applicants residing in Vietnam must apply in person for a Judicial Certificate, Version 2 (Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap So 2) at the Provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where their permanent residence is registered.

Civil Documents:
• Marriage/Divorce/Custody/Adoption/Death Certificates (as applicable)
• Birth certificates for all persons included in your application
• Household Registry or Family Book
• National Identity Card for all persons included in your application (if applicable)

Proof of contact with your sponsor:
• You and your sponsor's telephone bills for the past 12 months
• Photos of you and your sponsor taken together at various times during your relationship
• Wedding party photos (if applicable)
• Engagement party photos (if applicable)
• Original letters with envelopes from various times during your relationship, starting with your oldest correspondence
• Original money transfer receipts from your sponsor (if applicable)
• Old family photos showing you and/or your child(ren) with your sponsor (if applicable)
• Proof of your sponsor's visit(s) (airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, pages from your sponsor's passport showing entry and exit stamps, copy of visa(s) used for entry/exit, etc.)

If you are or you have dependant(s) over 22 years of age:
• All secondary and post-secondary school transcripts
• All secondary and post-secondary diplomas, certificates or degrees

Other:
• Passport or Travel Document (if available) for all persons intending to go to Canada (validity should be at least one year from the date of interview)
• Copy of your sponsor's immigrant visa (if applicable)

Regards
Farhana
That's almost the entire application. Wow!

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
bhinder singh said:
I married my adopted cousin and with our marriage our families and our society all are agree.no one have any objection by our marriage.my wife is in Canada and we have one daughter also.

But Canadian embassy say according Hindu marriage your marriage is illegal.

But I have no blood relation with my wife bcoz she was adopted from another family.

Sir you gave me advise that show them your marriage certificate or what they ask. sir I had already submitted all my documents in the file.

Sir I have interview on next week . plz tell me if in my interview they ask that your marriage is illegal according to law. Then sir what I will say to them so that I can make them to understand that according law my marriage is legal.

I mean any thing is mentioned in law about these type of marriages .

Plz sir give me advice
Hello Bhinder Shing,
Pl see yr inbox

Rose

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
farhana766 said:
Hello bhinder singh,

You marry your cousin and she is your adopted not blood related. Accounding to Hindu law to marry a cousin is illegal, but she is not your blood related. The interview is your only chance to clear this matter. You have to make a good explanation if immigration officer ask you -------------your marriage is not legal.

If immigration officer ask you that why your marriage is legal or your marriage is illegal in that case you have to explanation like that----------------

Ans: Both family accepts our marriage because she is not my blood related and she is adopted. If she is my blood related my family will not accept because acounding to our Hindu law blood related cousin marriage is not legal. To me she is not my blood related cousin in this sense my marriage is legal.

The officer will may ask your wife Canadian life and job related question, your wife parents and relatives related question. Even the officer will ask you why you marry your wife.

My only one advice to you it is your interview and you know you and your sponsor life story better than immigration officer. So be confident and try to show your relationship proof. In the interview relationship proof is very important may be the officer will not want to see your documents, but you will request the officer to show your relationship proof.

Take care

Farhana
Hi Farhana,
Pl read following CIC manual.
OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class
Valid marriage: degrees of consanguinity
In order to contract a valid marriage, a person must have the "capacity" to do so. An element of capacity is that two people are not too closely related. This is called “consanguinity”.
The federal Marriage (Prohibited Degrees) Act prohibits marriage between persons related lineally by consanguinity or adoption, and between siblings, whether brother and sister by whole blood (same parents), half-blood (one common parent) or by adoption.

I don't know weather applies or not.

Rose

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
rose68 said:
Hi Farhana,
Pl read following CIC manual.
OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class
Valid marriage: degrees of consanguinity
In order to contract a valid marriage, a person must have the "capacity" to do so. An element of capacity is that two people are not too closely related. This is called “consanguinity”.
The federal Marriage (Prohibited Degrees) Act prohibits marriage between persons related lineally by consanguinity or adoption, and between siblings, whether brother and sister by whole blood (same parents), half-blood (one common parent) or by adoption.

I don't know weather applies or not.

Rose
You are right