May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
ImABule said:
It's for submitting requested documents.

It's to digitally sign and declare that what you're submitting is accurate, valid, and true.
Thanks

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
As said already, the 17 year IS a dependent. She or he must undergo a medical and be fully included in the app as a non-accompanying dependent.

CIC allows for exceptions when the custodial parent refuses to allow the medical to be done. You need to show that he has no custody of the child and document the other parent's refusal. Your partner will need to get a notarized declaration stating that he understands his child will be forever excluded from the Family Class and not able to be sponsored.
Thank you for your reply.

calgary2017

May 15, 2016
Madrid
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2016
AOR Received.
17-4-2016
File Transfer...
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016 DM
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2016 COPR
Hi All

My complete application is already since 12th May in the Paris Visa Office.
I think is a straightforward application, as my wife and 2 children have Canadian passport (myself am Spanish)

The only additional documents they requested ( and it seems not all Visa offices request it) was the document of the "last 10years travel story of applicant and spouse", and was sent to them 22nd May.

Know is short time in theoretical processing time, however on the Spreadsheet Timelines and according to other applicants in this forum that went though that office, my Decision Made should have been already done.

I am not sure if I have to call already or is it bad that I call them. ( actually I don´t know the number where to call)
same happens with the "IRCC Webform - Paris" ; I don´t know If it is Ok, or negative if I use it to ask fo info

In Resume, in general terms still is low processing time, but as said at least in the first months of 2016 it seemed that Paris VO was going very fast . And that latter positive thing makes that now I am getting nervous, due to the lack of change in my application, when I had presumed that I would have already the DM and COPR :(

So... what is the best I can do ? Wait or contact them ?

Regards

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
calgary2017 said:
Hi All

My complete application is already since 12th May in the Paris Visa Office.
I think is a straightforward application, as my wife and 2 children have Canadian passport (myself am Spanish)

The only additional documents they requested ( and it seems not all Visa offices request it) was the document of the "last 10years travel story of applicant and spouse", and was sent to them 22nd May.

Know is short time in theoretical processing time, however on the Spreadsheet Timelines and according to other applicants in this forum that went though that office, my Decision Made should have been already done.

I am not sure if I have to call already or is it bad that I call them. ( actually I don´t know the number where to call)
same happens with the "IRCC Webform - Paris" ; I don´t know If it is Ok, or negative if I use it to ask fo info

In Resume, in general terms still is low processing time, but as said at least in the first months of 2016 it seemed that Paris VO was going very fast . And that latter positive thing makes that now I am getting nervous, due to the lack of change in my application, when I had presumed that I would have already the DM and COPR :(

So... what is the best I can do ? Wait or contact them ?

Regards

Hi

Order GCMS notes to see the progress in your application.

Pali_Chaeng

Aug 1, 2016
Hi, I've sent my sponsorship application from the UK on July 15 2016 and the Parcel Force notofied me that It was delivered on July 21 2016. However, until now (August 1st 2016) I havn't received any AOR1 through my email yet. Is this unusal?

Pali Chaeng

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Pali_Chaeng said:
Hi, I've sent my sponsorship application from the UK on July 15 2016 and the Parcel Force notofied me that It was delivered on July 21 2016. However, until now (August 1st 2016) I havn't received any AOR1 through my email yet. Is this unusal?

Pali Chaeng
Hi

I already replied to your question on another thread.

Please don't spam multiple threads asking the same thing, it's rude.

Rgorden92

Aug 1, 2016
Hi,

So I was reading through this thread( great information by the way!!) and I have a question for my current situation. I am an American citizen and have a Canadian girlfriend. We have a, now 7 month old son, dual citizen who lives with his mother in Canada( Ontario). He was also born in Ontario. I live and work in a border town( literally less than 3 miles from GF house) and cross over EVERYDAY to go see my GF and my son. I want her to sponsor me, most likely under the Family Class-Conjugal Partner Class. I am wondering if : 1. Is there an income requirement for her to sponsor me, as she is currently on Maternity Leave and not working. and 2. If I am able to continue working in the US while she sponsors me? I make more than enough to support myself. Any thoughts and answers are greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rgorden92 said:
Hi,

So I was reading through this thread( great information by the way!!) and I have a question for my current situation. I am an American citizen and have a Canadian girlfriend. We have a, now 7 month old son, dual citizen who lives with his mother in Canada( Ontario). He was also born in Ontario. I live and work in a border town( literally less than 3 miles from GF house) and cross over EVERYDAY to go see my GF and my son. I want her to sponsor me, most likely under the Family Class-Conjugal Partner Class. I am wondering if : 1. Is there an income requirement for her to sponsor me, as she is currently on Maternity Leave and not working. and 2. If I am able to continue working in the US while she sponsors me? I make more than enough to support myself. Any thoughts and answers are greatly appreciated!
Americans don't qualify under conjugal - don't apply this way, you'll be refused since you face no immigration barriers to getting married or becoming common law. In order for her to sponsor you - you'll either need to get married or live together continuously for one full year to become common law. Once you are either married or common law she should apply to sponsor you outland which is fast for Americans and will allow you to continue working in the US. Note that you might encounter issues at the border at some point since you are coming and going from Canada daily. If that happens and you're refused entry, don't argue - just take the refusal (and make sure you have a back up plan on where you will stay if you're ever refused entry). There is no income requirement for her to sponsor you.

Rgorden92

Aug 1, 2016
OK, thank you for that! Now in order to live together for at least a year with her, wouldn't I need to be a permanent resident or have some type of status to live there legally? I want to establish common law, marriage is still a couple years out I would say. We are going strong but I don't want to rush it or make it feel forced. The immigration officers at the port of entry where I walk or drive through were unhelpful. And we have been together for just over 2 1/2 years and I have crossed everyday so far with no problems crossing so hopefully there aren't any problems going forward :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rgorden92 said:
OK, thank you for that! Now in order to live together for at least a year with her, wouldn't I need to be a permanent resident or have some type of status to live there legally? I want to establish common law, marriage is still a couple years out I would say. We are going strong but I don't want to rush it or make it feel forced. The immigration officers at the port of entry where I walk or drive through were unhelpful. And we have been together for just over 2 1/2 years and I have crossed everyday so far with no problems crossing so hopefully there aren't any problems going forward :)
No - you don't need to be a PR to achieve common law. However you do have to prove that you have physically lived together for a year continuously. The kind of proof CIC will be looking for will be (you'll want to provide several of these): joint property ownership, joint lease / rental agreement, joint utility bills, joint bank/credit card accounts listing the same address, proof your mail is all sent to this address for a period of at least a year - and other similar proof that demonstrate this is your primary residence. The evidence you provide will need to cover the entire 1 year period.

The officers at the border are CBSA officers and do not provide immigration advice.

huwawei0314

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2015
AOR Received.
August 13, 2015
File Transfer...
September 14, 2015
Med's Request
upfront - June10, 2015
Med's Done....
remed - June 10, 2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-09-2016
Hello I would like to ask for your expert opinion on this matter.

I already submitted my passport to Manila Visa office on June 23, 2016. Then a couple of weeks ago (July 15, 2016) I received a call from CEM and me that they are just waiting for a system update from Canada before they proceed on the release of my Visa. And at the same time I also received an email response saying that my travel documents are already queued for printing and they've received all required documents and information and do not require any further information from me, but they can't commit a specific timeline for its release. It was their response to my follow up email dated July 12, 2016.
Since then we haven't heard anything from the CEM (Philippine Embassy) Office.
It's been five weeks since my I submitted my passport to CEM office. Plus It's been a year from the day we submitted our Spouse Sponsorship application (July 15, 2015).

I just want to know if do you have any idea why is the Visa Release taking this long? in spite of that we already provided all the necessary information and documents to the office. We've also heard a lot of applicants in Manila Visa office that took only a week or two for their Visa release. There are even some of them that had submitted their passports weeks after I submitted mine, and now they already have their Visa on hand.
We already sent a 2nd follow up email last week and we've got no response.

What's also bothering me that upon checking and linking my CIC account to my application today it seems that there is no update at all except for the medical is ok.

Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time Help
A background check is needed In Progress Help
Final decision Not Started

Its seems that there is something wrong, the information is conflicting. They requested for a re-medical and rprf (june 7 2016) and then PPR (June22 2016), They say that my passport is on queue for printing. I thought everything is fine and were already approved but my online status has no update.
Please someone enlighten me.
Is it wrong to assume that were already ok with the application? or is there a chance that it might still get refused even though they already took my passport?
Any suggestion on what we should do?
Thank you so much

Rgorden92

Aug 1, 2016
Ok, so even though I am not a resident of Canada, I can still put myself on the rental agreement? I do pay one half of her rent but am not on the agreement or the receipts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rgorden92 said:
Ok, so even though I am not a resident of Canada, I can still put myself on the rental agreement? I do pay one half of her rent but am not on the agreement or the receipts.
Yes - you need to add yourself to the rental agreement. Also make sure you start collecting additional proof from the list I provided below.

Rgorden92

Aug 1, 2016
Thank you! I will be putting myself on there ASAP. So, I will need to wait another year at least before we would be able to attempt an application for sponsorship? My current end game is that I want to be able to live with my GF and son legally but still be working my current job in the states. Like I said earlier, I cross daily and I stay overnight a lot but work in the states so I cross over everyday and im wondering when I will begin to get asked about residency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rgorden92 said:
Thank you! I will be putting myself on there ASAP. So, I will need to wait another year at least before we would be able to attempt an application for sponsorship? My current end game is that I want to be able to live with my GF and son legally but still be working my current job in the states. Like I said earlier, I cross daily and I stay overnight a lot but work in the states so I cross over everyday and im wondering when I will begin to get asked about residency.
For common law - you must be able to provide hard evidence that you have lived together for at least one full year. If you are just starting to create that evidence now (e.g. joint lease, joint utility bills, etc.) and don't have anything that pre-dates now, they you will have to wait until a year passes before you can say you are common law. Is there any evidence you have from the last several months that proves you were living there? Any mail you had sent to that address? Any bank account or credit cards with your name on them that you changed to that address? Anything?