+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zoeboekatydid

Nov 30, 2010
Oswego IL USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. Here is a question Im wondering about. My fiance lives in Canada and I in the US. We decided to apply outland. I will stay in the US for the duration of the application however, I am wondering if I get approved the first round, can I apply for an open work permit then go to Canada to work for the second part of the process? I know visitors can stay 6 months then apply for an extension. If I wait the first part of the application in the US, can I wait the second part in Canada and work if I get the permit ok?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
zoeboekatydid said:
Hey everyone. Here is a question Im wondering about. My fiance lives in Canada and I in the US. We decided to apply outland. I will stay in the US for the duration of the application however, I am wondering if I get approved the first round, can I apply for an open work permit then go to Canada to work for the second part of the process? I know visitors can stay 6 months then apply for an extension. If I wait the first part of the application in the US, can I wait the second part in Canada and work if I get the permit ok?
The only way to get a OWP is to apply inland and the sponsorship then takes approximately 9 months, where as if you apply outland the sponsorship takes just over a month and then looking at previous monthly threads, outland US applications to complete take about 2 or 3 months if there are no queries or problems.

But please note as you are not yet married, you would have to apply Common Law which means you would have had to prove that you have lived together continuously for 12 months, or Conjual which is the hardest way to get spousal PR. But if you want to be with your fiance throughout the process, you can be in Canada on a visitors visa, and still apply outland.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You just have to make sure that you are not on welfare or in an undischarged bankruptcy. As long as you're not, you're golden. Kulilit is right that you still have to submit the form, though.

Kulilit said:
There is no specific amount of income in order for you to sponsor your Spouse they only need to see that you will be able to give your spouse supports when they are already here. So you still need to submit Sponsorship Evaluation... Hope that helps... ;)

zoeboekatydid

Nov 30, 2010
Oswego IL USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you again MandiF. We plan to get married in February. I will go as a visitor. Get married and stay for a few weeks. Then we will do all the paperwork and get it in. What I am confused about is the paperwork. Seeing we are going to apply outland, do I fill out the paperwork and send it to him for him to fill his out then he send it? Not sure how to do that. I know we have different forms to fill out for sponsorship and the PR application but Im not sure who sends what and where.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoeboekatydid said:
Thank you again MandiF. We plan to get married in February. I will go as a visitor. Get married and stay for a few weeks. Then we will do all the paperwork and get it in. What I am confused about is the paperwork. Seeing we are going to apply outland, do I fill out the paperwork and send it to him for him to fill his out then he send it? Not sure how to do that. I know we have different forms to fill out for sponsorship and the PR application but Im not sure who sends what and where.
Maybe it would be simpler to apply while you are still in Canada visiting him. Then you can fill out the forms together and don't have to be mailing things to each other. The forms will all be in one package and they are all sent to Mississauga. When Mississauga is done, they send them to Buffalo. In the meantime, you can stay as a visitor, go back to the US, come visit again and go back to the US as you wish.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
immigration consultant said:
Well....from my experience as counsel the documentary evidence is always secondary to the story of the relationship. Email and screen prints from some IM client will not carry a case when it has the appearance of a MOC. You better understand what you are submitting and how the relationship will be evaluated. In some cases it is better to wait until the relationship generates more proof for it's genuineness than to submit a file that will likely have to go through the IAD.
Good point, it is important then to make sure to write the story, not just include support evidence of the relationship.

citlali2010

Dec 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2011
I have a question about the photos that we need to give to proove the relationship. Do we have to give original prints or can we paste the photos on a word document and add the dates, notes etc, besides the photos.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people put the pictures and descriptions in a word document and print them, it is fine.

citlali2010

Dec 6, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2011
Great! Thank for your reply.

rbaweja1

Nov 24, 2010
Guys ! I am in fix.My wife sponserd me and my daughter .We got married and then we have a baby here in India,After that she went to Canada with the baby {on TRP} and filed sponsership application.The sponsership application got approved on 30 Sept and then My wife came back to India on 22nd October since she has to submit My daughter's passport also at ND office with mine{since she can't send Indian passport by courier}.However till date there is no such intimation regarding submission of passports.Now my question is since my wife is still here in India,will CIC tomm can raise objection since she is staying here and waiting for process to be over.She also can't go back to Canada without daughter.Anyone who can suggest me what to do?

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
I had a letter from Immigration Canada informing me to sumbit my PR fees in order to conclude the application...m I in final stage of this porcessing??? Is it good news?

kha

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
sadatul said:
I had a letter from Immigration Canada informing me to sumbit my PR fees in order to conclude the application...m I in final stage of this porcessing??? Is it good news?
Yes I think u r close to visa issuance now . & plz share ur time line as well

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Kha plz u can go ans see my last posts to have clear idea about my application..

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends, I call agent lady, she said everyone has to wait atleast 8 to 9 months, than you have AIP....OWP....I-cas....etc. Is immigration offices also have long holidays during Christmas time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - if you applied inland, the wait for AIP/OWP is currently 8-9 months.