Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
kau said:
Hey all!

Do I need to make different envelopes for Sponsor and Applicant file?

If yes then I have to double the documents for example Marriage certificate, PCC and Medical etc. But there is only one PCC so how come i can send them in two different envelopes?

Guide please!

I am stuck in arranging these documents.

Thanks in advance!
No, you do not have to double the documents. Many people separate their application into envelopes, but CIC will just open them and rearrange them as they see fit.
I sent everything in one big envelope, following the checklist order.

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
MilesAway said:
No, you do not have to double the documents. Many people separate their application into envelopes, but CIC will just open them and rearrange them as they see fit.
I sent everything in one big envelope, following the checklist order.

Thanks MilesAway +1 for you!

Similar I was thinking to do with my file.

Then Do i have to attach both the check lists I mean 5491 for sponsor and 3904 for immigrant in the same envelope?

And mark whatever is included in the package?

Thanks in advance!

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
deeafahd said:
hi guys ...how is the best way to send more suport evidence to VO?....do you think they even look into that if they did not ask for ?
I scanned and emailed my evidence only when they requested documents, but it doesn't hurt to try and send more evidence, regardless of whether they accepted my scans, at least I know they received it and would have looked at it when looking at the other documents

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
kau said:
Thanks MilesAway +1 for you!

Similar I was thinking to do with my file.

Then Do i have to attach both the check lists I mean 5491 for sponsor and 3904 for immigrant in the same envelope?

And mark whatever is included in the package?

Thanks in advance!
Put the sponsor checklist on top of the sponsor docs, and the immigrant checklist on the immigrant docs. Then, you can put them together in the same envelope. It doesn't really matter what you do, but this order makes the most sense to me.

As for the checklist marks, you check off what you've included, and write N/A on the items that are N/A.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Took us literally months to put our application together but finally send off, I keep refreshing tracking to see it got there fine 8)

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
With the help of this Forum, I am trying to prepare my Spouse Sponsorship File.

I have been trying to get as many letters from friends and families as possible to prove my marriage.

The subject line of the letters go like. Sub: Knowledge of Marriage of ABCDEF with GHIJKL and genuine relationship or " Sub: genuine relationship between ABCDEF & GHUIJKL"

Is this Ok or one needs to write that Statuary Declaration in the subject?

Kindly share and help in the regards

Do we need to print the app forms on BOND PAPER or any normal paper

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
mohan99 said:
With the help of this Forum, I am trying to prepare my Spouse Sponsorship File.

I have been trying to get as many letters from friends and families as possible to prove my marriage.

The subject line of the letters go like. Sub: Knowledge of Marriage of ABCDEF with GHIJKL and genuine relationship or " Sub: genuine relationship between ABCDEF & GHUIJKL"

Kindly share and help in the regards

Hi mohan!

Honestly I don't have a letter from anybody confirming our relationship, but maybe just cause I have waaaay enough other evidence. So I think you're okay, but it depends on your specific situation.

As for the paper: Canada's normal paper is "letter" sized. And since I've been working on the application from Germany, I actually ordered the "letter" sized paper online because in Germany we have a different format. Once we finish the application in Canada, I want all pages to be the same size.
We use normal blank copy paper.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crayon7 said:
Took us literally months to put our application together but finally send off, I keep refreshing tracking to see it got there fine 8)
Did you check the CIC website before you sent the application, to make sure none of the forms had been updated?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohan99 said:
But i was told that CIC specifically asks for Bond Paper. is that right?
It doesn't matter what kind of paper the letter is written. What matters is that it must be notarized (or equivalent). This means that the person that wrote the letter needs to appear in-person before either a Notary Public, or Commissioner of Oaths, to sign the letter in their presence.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
I filed my 2015 taxes only last week, and it appears that my notice of assessment will not be available to view until April 18th. But I can see the Option C printout for 2015 strangely enough; is that good enough, or does CIC need the NOA only now? I know that they were asking for Option C until last year but the checklist form was updated a few months ago.

I am guessing that printouts from the CRA website are good enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mohan99 said:

The letters don't need a subject line. They just need to be a simple statement from the person about your marriage and relationship.

They don't need to be Stat Decs.

Normal paper is fine.

Ponga said:
It doesn't matter what kind of paper the letter is written. What matters is that it must be notarized (or equivalent). This means that the person that wrote the letter needs to appear in-person before either a Notary Public, or Commissioner of Oaths, to sign the letter in their presence.
OP is married, so the letters do not have to be notarized.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Ponga said:
Did you check the CIC website before you sent the application, to make sure none of the forms had been updated?
Yes I did, I hope it's all fine although still have stupid feeling I forgot something as usual with everything lol oh well!

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Question, or two here:

If my girlfriend were to receive a multiple-entry temporary residence visa this year and we were to end up getting married in her home country, Philippines, sometime next year, could she still come into Canada as my wife on the same TRV? If so, could I apply for inland sponsorship for her?