Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
Re: Spousal sponsorship - missing document

Hi , need advice.
Myself and my common law partner both live in Cambodia and we sent out my application on Sept 5 2015.. But upon getting home we realized the Rent Contract wasn't included in the application . This was supposed to b proof that we living together since 2012. Even though we also have photos as proof.

Nw its almost the end of Oct and we haven't heard or recieve any email from CIC.

My question- Since there is no email yet , does that means everything is fine or will it be returned ? through DHL or the local mail( that can take a long time)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship - missing document

Tolexmi said:
Hi , need advice.
Myself and my common law partner both live in Cambodia and we sent out my application on Sept 5 2015.. But upon getting home we realized the Rent Contract wasn't included in the application . This was supposed to b proof that we living together since 2012. Even though we also have photos as proof.

Nw its almost the end of Oct and we haven't heard or recieve any email from CIC.

My question- Since there is no email yet , does that means everything is fine or will it be returned ? through DHL or the local mail( that can take a long time)
Hi

Your app will not be returned. If CIC is not satisfied with your common-law proofs, they will request more.

Aug 21, 2015
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a question since i am a litlle confused.
I submitted my immigration application about a month ago and i received yesterday a letter stating that my application cannot be processed as i indicate that i will use a representative and hence have not included the representative form in my application.
The entire application was returned.
The problem is that i have looked over my application and nowhere have i indicated that i will be using a representative or lawyer and therefore have not inculded the represenatative form in my application as they state that this is necessary only if it is applicable.

What do i do now, is there a way that maybe i am missing something or that they have made a mistake?

What should i do??

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greek marathoner said:
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a question since i am a litlle confused.
I submitted my immigration application about a month ago and i received yesterday a letter stating that my application cannot be processed as i indicate that i will use a representative and hence have not included the representative form in my application.
The entire application was returned.
The problem is that i have looked over my application and nowhere have i indicated that i will be using a representative or lawyer and therefore have not inculded the represenatative form in my application as they state that this is necessary only if it is applicable.

What do i do now, is there a way that maybe i am missing something or that they have made a mistake?

What should i do??
Did you mistakenly tick the box on the Document Checklist that shows the Representative Form?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Way to go CIC! :-\

Since you now have no choice but to re-submit your application, for no reason, make sure that none of the forms have been updated...because that will make them return your application again.

Good luck!

npcanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
I would really appreciate if you can guide me for my spouse's Family Class Sponsorship.

Query:

At the time I got my PR status in 2009, I was married. I got divorced in India in 2013, but I failed to update my marital status when I applied for PR card renewal in Dec 2014. I was issued a new PR card in Mar 2015. I visited India in May 2015 and got married, if I have to apply for my spouse sponsorship will my application be rejected as I did not inform about my divorce status during my PR card renewal?

My ex-wife stays in India.

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Hi i have a question. I am about to submit my papers for spousal sponsorship inland and the open work permit. What is the address i need to put in the envelope for OWP. I know for pr application is the cpc-mississauga but i dont know for the OWP. I need to put the envelop inside the pr application right?thanks

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
Hi there! Got a few questions here. I got confused as to who will complete these forms:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)- Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)-Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)-Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Here is the situation, my relative is marrying a Canadian by birth. BOTH of them have been married and divorced and both have 2 kids. My relative has 2 minor dependants but they will be declared as NON ACCOMPANYING. The Canadian on the other hand has two kids from previous marriage, both are adults, ages 19 and 25. Do all 4 children need to complete the forms mentioned above?

Your reply is much appreciated dear ones. I am doing their paperworks and I will be leaving Canada soon for a vacation, thus I must finish all these for them. Thanks much for the insights and help! :)

Merida

Oct 24, 2015
Hello All...

apologies first if, in my blind panic, I'm posting in the wrong section... but I didn't find anything dedicated to my situation.

I'm in a pickle and I need HELP!!

I was sponsored by my husband and I got my P.R last year. It has been almost exactly one year I have held my (conditional) P.R for. We have been married for just under two years. The condition on the PR states that we must cohabit for the two years. I often have had to work away for months at a time - still within canada but out of province. Whenever I wasnt working, I'd be back at home with him. Our house was always my home, I lived in temporary employer provided accommodation while I worked out of province. I am now finished with working away and I wont have to do that again now I have moved into the next phase of my career - it was essential for me to have done this, career wise.

The problem is that about a month ago a border guard came to our home, while I was working away, and stated that they had received an anonymous tip that our marriage was fraudulent. Clearly, with me not being there at the time it looked really bad.... he was very suspicious. He said that we now have to wait on a letter from CIC which will request us to prove our marriage was genuine. Our marriage is genuine but technically, I have broken the condition of the pr by not continually co-habiting due to work. And then theres the issue of someone calling in a tip and the border guard visiting and not believing a thing we said. Where do we go from here? what happens next? We were about to move house - now we dont know whether to delay this incase the worst happens and he cant afford it on his own. We are going on vacation and now im worried i'll have issues getting back in to canada. Does anyone know what the process is from here? Or what outcomes any similar circumstances have had? Will CIC revoke my PR based on me breaking the conditions even if we show that the marriage is genuine? This feels as though its going to be a whole bunch more paperwork just like the application for pr all over again......utterly soul destroying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Merida said:
Hello All...

apologies first if, in my blind panic, I'm posting in the wrong section... but I didn't find anything dedicated to my situation.

I'm in a pickle and I need HELP!!

I was sponsored by my husband and I got my P.R last year. It has been almost exactly one year I have held my (conditional) P.R for. We have been married for just under two years. The condition on the PR states that we must cohabit for the two years. I often have had to work away for months at a time - still within canada but out of province. Whenever I wasnt working, I'd be back at home with him. Our house was always my home, I lived in temporary employer provided accommodation while I worked out of province. I am now finished with working away and I wont have to do that again now I have moved into the next phase of my career - it was essential for me to have done this, career wise.

The problem is that about a month ago a border guard came to our home, while I was working away, and stated that they had received an anonymous tip that our marriage was fraudulent. Clearly, with me not being there at the time it looked really bad.... he was very suspicious. He said that we now have to wait on a letter from CIC which will request us to prove our marriage was genuine. Our marriage is genuine but technically, I have broken the condition of the pr by not continually co-habiting due to work. And then theres the issue of someone calling in a tip and the border guard visiting and not believing a thing we said. Where do we go from here? what happens next? We were about to move house - now we dont know whether to delay this incase the worst happens and he cant afford it on his own. We are going on vacation and now im worried i'll have issues getting back in to canada. Does anyone know what the process is from here? Or what outcomes any similar circumstances have had? Will CIC revoke my PR based on me breaking the conditions even if we show that the marriage is genuine? This feels as though its going to be a whole bunch more paperwork just like the application for pr all over again......utterly soul destroying.
Unfortunately I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help. Conditional residency is so new that we really haven't seen any complete cases here where someone has been investigated by CIC. I believe you are the first case like yours that we have seen on this forum (i.e. where the couple is still together but living apart for employment reasons and CIC has started an investigation).

I would recommend that you hire a good immigration lawyer to assist you. Any advice you receive here will just be wild guessing.

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
iceebaby said:
Hi there! Got a few questions here. I got confused as to who will complete these forms:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)- Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)-Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)-Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada*

Here is the situation, my relative is marrying a Canadian by birth. BOTH of them have been married and divorced and both have 2 kids. My relative has 2 minor dependants but they will be declared as NON ACCOMPANYING. The Canadian on the other hand has two kids from previous marriage, both are adults, ages 19 and 25. Do all 4 children need to complete the forms mentioned above?

Your reply is much appreciated dear ones. I am doing their paperworks and I will be leaving Canada soon for a vacation, thus I must finish all these for them. Thanks much for the insights and help! :)
First, I am no professional Immigration Lawyer, and my application for PR is still "In Process", but I am sharing with you what we did for the application. So, what I state here is in no way a guarantee.

Secondly, refer to these guides depending if applying INLAND or OUTLAND:

Inland: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Outland: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp#3999E4
NOTE: (This is the information guide I used for reference when answering your questions below.)

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - Fill out this form completely as stated in the instruction guide:

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant.

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - Fill out this form completely as stated in the instruction guide:

Who needs to fill out this application form?

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Fill out everything that applies to you and supply an additional sheet if you must. More information is better than not enough with questionable red flags. I filled out everything that applied to myself. Remember that both of these documents are about the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT, the person trying to obtain the Permanent Residency / Immigrate to Canada. Information that pertains to him/her not the person who is sponsoring, they have their own documents to fill out.

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - Fill out this form completely as stated in the instruction guide:

Who must fill out this application form?

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Every document above is required and must be completed to the best of the Principal Applicants knowledge. And as underlined, even though they are not accompanying him/her children must complete the forms also IF they are 18 years or older. Again this application is directed towards the Principal Applicant not the Sponsor.

Hope this helps and please anyone correct me if I am wrong about any part above. And remember the information shared here is assuming an OUTLAND APPLICATION.

Baffled

Mobassir

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-12-2014
Hello everyone,
I am a permanent resident of Canada. I applied for my wife and son immigration and it took only 7 months for the whole process to get the visa.
Best of luck to everyone