Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
taurus81 said:
Adding to your knowledge I am Canadian citizen

:(please reply

Thanks
What's your LVO? Are you within that office's "normal" processing times? If not, time to talk to your MP to see if he/she can make an inquiry and press a bit on your behalf. If you don't have an MP yet because you're out of country, contact the MP for the riding you are planning to move to after your husband's case is approved.

taurus81

Dec 2, 2014
My husband case was trasfered to London VISA OFFICE. Yes, we are within the normal processing time and my lawyer is handling my husband's case. I just want to know when my husband will be able to get PPR1? His second medical was done on 30th Sept,2014.

I applied my husband's case on Dec,17 2012
File accepted on 24, Jan 2013, 1st medical and police clearance done.
File transfer to LVO May 2014,
2nd Police certificate request and others documents was submitted 27,May 2014,
RPRF fees paid May 2014
photos, emails request on 16, Sept 2014
2nd medical request on 17, Sept 2014
Medical done on 30 Sept 2014.
Since than we are waiting for PPR1
Now its 2nd Dec 2014
Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get PPR1?

Thanks

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
taurus81 said:
My husband case was trasfered to London VISA OFFICE. Yes, we are within the normal processing time and my lawyer is handling my husband's case. I just want to know when my husband will be able to get PPR1? His second medical was done on 30th Sept,2014.

I applied my husband's case on Dec,17 2012
File accepted on 24, Jan 2013, 1st medical and police clearance done.
File transfer to LVO May 2014,
2nd Police certificate request and others documents was submitted 27,May 2014,
RPRF fees paid May 2014
photos, emails request on 16, Sept 2014
2nd medical request on 17, Sept 2014
Medical done on 30 Sept 2014.
Since than we are waiting for PPR1
Now its 2nd Dec 2014
Can you please tell me how much time it will take to get PPR1?

Thanks
Unfortunately, there's really no one who can tell you that other than the visa officer responsible for your husband's case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valmiri said:
I know, that's why Im scared that it will delay my application.
Changing your job will have zero effect. You don't even need to tell CIC.

2cookies said:
My wife PR card is going to get expired soon and there is no way to have it renew.
I would like to know if applying for a new PR or sponsorship is better and which one is faster?Someone mention even if the PR expired she stilll remaiin a permanent resident of Canada therefore cannot applied again..this part is confusing to me still.
This has been explained to you multiple times already by several different forum members. Go back and read their previous answers.

Thyobear said:
1. Can I buy a one-way ticket for my wife (already has TRV) to go back to Canada with me? The TRV she has was for meeting my family members and performing the wedding ceremonial rites previously.
2. I've read on a couple of the topics that insurance is a major issue. Does this apply for Care Card as well? We plan on moving to BC. We were also told that we can get this without a problem.
1. Not advisable. It's possible that the airline will not board her or that CBSA may deny her entry.

2. Whoever told you that she can get coverage without issue has NO IDEA what they are talking about. Speaking from personal experience, it is incredibly difficult to obtain BC MSP coverage for a spouse during the sponsorship process. It took months of fighting with MSP and a 2 page complaints letter sent to the Minister of Health before my partner was given coverage. A few people have gotten coverage after fighting MSP but most don't. Also, applying inland won't give her any more right to coverage than applying outland.

I suggest you guys apply outland, as Beijing is a very fast office.

koi1 said:
Thanks scylla. I guess that may be that then. Just out of interest any idea on how long would the process take if she did apply while living there?
London averages around 6-8 months right now. As a visa-exempt British citizen, you can come to Canada as a visitor while the app processes so that you don't have to be away from your spouse.

Ghanaboy said:
Hello all,my wife included me in her application for pr in Canada under the live in care giver program,
This thread is for Canadian citizens and PRs who have sponsored their spouses. Post your query in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
So we applied in May 2014, we are currently "In Process" as of September 24th, going through the Manila office. Based on other people's situation, we are hoping to hear something very soon.

My question is:

We plan on travelling for four months (we live in Seoul, Korea - travelling in South East Asia and Europe) beginning in March, and landing in July.

1.) My wife's health check was done last April. Can we preemptively get a new check done, and should we notify the CIC about that?

2.) Will the CIC be upset that we are going to be travelling before landing?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yumyumhungry said:
So we applied in May 2014, we are currently "In Process" as of September 24th, going through the Manila office. Based on other people's situation, we are hoping to hear something very soon.

My question is:

We plan on travelling for four months (we live in Seoul, Korea - travelling in South East Asia and Europe) beginning in March, and landing in July.

1.) My wife's health check was done last April. Can we preemptively get a new check done, and should we notify the CIC about that?

2.) Will the CIC be upset that we are going to be travelling before landing?
When your wife receives her CoPR, it will have an expiry date that usually coincides with the 1 year anniversary of her medical exam.

1. CIC will sometimes extend the medical, but I have no idea if they would also extend the expiry date of the CoPR. She would need to land prior to the CoPR expiry date. You should defer having another medical unless it is requested.

2. Your wife would be at the mercy of CIC if she has to request additional time to land, beyond the CoPR expiry date!

taurus81

Dec 2, 2014
Thanks, Ivan for your reply but can you tell me should I wait for my lawyer's response or can I directly consult Visa officer. Normally, they dont answer even phone calls are on message that's why I wanted to have some information from you.

Take care

aleidra

Jul 23, 2014
Hello everyone, we were hoping you could help us.

We’ve read many different contradictory posts about this and, as you all know, this entire process is extremely confusing as there are no clear instructions provided by the CIC.

As a visitor, my wife requires an open work permit in order to get implied status.

I have a few questions:

- Is it still possible to apply for an OWP along with a PR inland spousal sponsorship application? I ask because where PR applications are processed has recently been changed from Vegreville to Mississauga, and I need to know whether I can send both applications to the Mississauga office (as many threads claimed prior to the change in CIC office) or if I now need to send both separately. (Also, if we send both separately, should we include a letter with the OWP indicating that we have applied for PR, or are we restricted from sending an OWP application until after we’ve received first stage approval? Wouldn’t that mean that my wife would lack implied status?) Any information you could provide on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

- We know that it is OK to wait with sending the medical examinations until after the CIC requests these, which seems like a good idea with the processing times these days (because they should be recent). However, that got me thinking – do we have to send the medicals in with our application if we want the OWP to be processed with the 1st stage approval (medicals seemed to be required for the OWP to be processed)?

- Which application form for OWPs applies to INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP PR applications in the case that the spouse is a VISITOR to Canada, and did not previously hold a work permit?

- If the answer to the previous question is the "Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker", then I am very confused about all the things requested in the checklist, e.g. job offer letter or contract from the employer giving job title, wages and working conditions, PHOTOCOPY of your valid return ticket, etc. Nowhere does this form specify that if the applicant is sponsored by their spouse, that these requirements are waived. We’re worried that if we send in an incomplete form that the CIC will reject it and my wife will be in Canada illegally. If anyone could clarify this for us, we would really appreciate it.

- On the same topic, how do we specify that the application is for an open work permit and not for a work visa extension, etc.?

We would really appreciate your help.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
taurus81 said:
Thanks, Ivan for your reply but can you tell me should I wait for my lawyer's response or can I directly consult Visa officer. Normally, they dont answer even phone calls are on message that's why I wanted to have some information from you.

Take care
From your timeline it looks like it ought to be quite soon, but you see a lot of applications on this site that look like that - documents requested, documents quickly provided, and then radio silence from the VO for what seems like eternity. Obviously, this group is not representative of the general pool of applications because people who wait a long time are more likely to wind up seeking advice on sites like this, but on the other hand, that means you're more likely to find someone who applied in London in a similar situation.

I'm not sure about contacting the VO directly if you are represented by a lawyer - the lawyer may need to be the one to do the contacting (someone else can chime in on that - I'm not a Canadian lawyer, and never used a lawyer for my own family's applications).

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Hi all,

I was hoping people could kindly clarify a few issues for me. I got an email on Monday which I think is the "Passport Request" as it mentions that I am entering the final stage of processing. Firstly, am I right in saying this?

My big question is: if I have applied Outland and am here in Canada on a Visitor Visa until mid next year (I wasn't too hopeful on the entire length of the process), then can I send the passport photocopies to Ottawa?

Many thanks in advance

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
BlueOwl said:
Hi all,

I was hoping people could kindly clarify a few issues for me. I got an email on Monday which I think is the "Passport Request" as it mentions that I am entering the final stage of processing. Firstly, am I right in saying this?

My big question is: if I have applied Outland and am here in Canada on a Visitor Visa until mid next year (I wasn't too hopeful on the entire length of the process), then can I send the passport photocopies to Ottawa?

Many thanks in advance
If they request your passport then you are in final stage and congrats :) And you need to send them original passport for your stamped visa not photocopies :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
BlueOwl said:
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance
It really depends. Where is your file being processed? Do you require a visa to enter Canada or are you visa exempt? If you require a visa your ORIGINAL passport would need to be sent for stamping. If you are visa exempt USUALLY a photocopy of the entire passport is sufficient. If you need a visa stamp, sending it to Ottawa is really up to your VO and you would need to find that information out from your VO. Some VO's request the passport early on in the process so it's hard to say just how much longer you will have to wait. Check any threads on this forum that are from your visa office. The folks there will have a better idea and understanding about the process for that particular VO.

BlueOwl

Apr 27, 2014
Okay, I'm a little confused, but I'll post in the relevant thread as I did not realise that requirements may be different due to which country is applying. Thank you guys for replying.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
BlueOwl said:
Okay, I'm a little confused, but I'll post in the relevant thread as I did not realise that requirements may be different due to which country is applying. Thank you guys for replying.
I don't know what is confusing you. Where did you apply? Did you require a visa stamped in your passport to get to Canada? If you did, then you will require a visa stamped in your passport to 'land'. They cant put a visa stamp on a photocopy, it must be affixed to the original valid passport.

Just because you are in Canada does NOT mean they will allow your passport to be taken care of in Ottawa. Especially if your application is being finalized in another country. Each country has their own rules/regulations about how they deal with applications and how they deal with the passports. There are few Mid East countries that don't allow passports to be sent via 'mail' from outside of the country. Different rules for different areas. Follow the rules specific to YOUR area.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Paki3506 said:
Hello All,

I'm a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my wife early 2014. The application and medical were received in March 2014 and sponsorship was accepted in April. The file went straight to London office where the stated timeline is 11 months but I'm sure its taking longer than that.

I have a couple of questions:
- Is processing done on case to case basis or is it First in First out? Whichever the case, how long is it taking these days for Pakistan?
- Has anyone tried to apply for a visit visa for their spouse while their immigration file is in process? Would that work if I can prove her ties to Pakistan and provide a personal guarantee of her returning back once the Visa expires?

Thanks all for your updates and participation in this forum. I hope your loved ones unite with you soon (InshaAllah).
Some people are successful at obtaining TRVs but it is quite challenging. You do have the gist of what's required however. Even so, it is possible they will refuse you.

Since you have sponsor approval, if you do apply for a TRV, also include a letter asking that if they decide that she is inadmissible she be granted a Temporary Resident Permit on the basis of "early admission" (See OP 20, which defines this. Section 5.15 as I recall). There is an additional $200 fee for consideration of a TRP request, there is no general specific form but by putting the request in writing and including the fee they are supposed to consider it. Under the TRP process they should grant the request if "only routine processing steps" are required for the PR application.

Good luck!