Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mhook said:
Our app getting returned due to outdated forms was a blessing in disguise, it seems. And brucem was right, I was just under the impression that once my visa had expired (while the Inland app was *supposed to be* processing), I was out of luck as far as switching to Outland. Thanks again. Hope you're right about the fees!

I am 99% sure ,but i hate to give advice when i don't feel 100%.I am sure i have read on the forum that people have done this .

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
TWarbus said:
has anyone NOT gotten notification of sponsorship approval????

I filed in July 2014 and heard nothing about being approved even though they are now processing application received in September.

plz help!
Im an August applicant and my husband and I have no approval either... Just waiting, someone said they waited 80+ days before they received SA

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mhook said:
This is great advice, thank you!!! :D My 6-month visitor visa expired on Oct 31 so it looks like we have enough time to get it restored/extended. I will do that and we will start on our Outland application tomorrow (and get a new med exam and police record check, because the previous ones expired in October.) We should be able to submit our Outland app within a month with all the forms if we hurry. My one question, can we use the same proof of payment forms for the PR card fee, Sponsorship fee, and PR Application fee ($1040) that we paid in our original Inland application? Or do we have to pay again? And since they sent our Inland app back without processing it, do we need to do any other steps to formerly withdraw it and switch to Outland?
No You CANNOT use the same payment. There is a member of this forum who in September switched from Inland to Outland. They had to pay the fees again and request a refund from the previous Fees. I wish there was a way to Tag people in these forms. I will message her on FB to see if she can come chime in on this.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
Mariac819 said:
No You CANNOT use the same payment. There is a member of this forum who in September switched from Inland to Outland. They had to pay the fees again and request a refund from the previous Fees. I wish there was a way to Tag people in these forms. I will message her on FB to see if she can come chime in on this.
Thank you, I appreciate it. If you know how to go about requesting a refund for the previous fees (a website link, info guide, address to write to, anything!) it would be a huge help. I can't seem to find anything on the CIC website. We are willing to pay the fees again and go through all the steps to do a new Outland application, but we would need the money back from the first app that was sent back as incomplete. You would think that because they sent it back without processing it at all, expecting us to start our time over, they would refund the money? Blows my mind.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mhook said:
Thank you, I appreciate it. If you know how to go about requesting a refund for the previous fees (a website link, info guide, address to write to, anything!) it would be a huge help. I can't seem to find anything on the CIC website. We are willing to pay the fees again and go through all the steps to do a new Outland application, but we would need the money back from the first app that was sent back as incomplete. You would think that because they sent it back without processing it at all, expecting us to start our time over, they would refund the money? Blows my mind.
I wish I could offer you more information but I am not well informed on how refunds work. I did tag them on facebook and I hope they come over and answer some questions for you.

You could try calling CIC and asking them about refunds if you want to withdraw your inland application. You could also ask about re-using the receipt for outland (however, I do believe they link the receipt # to the application when it is all scanned). Since you can technically search ECAS for your application using the payment receipt #.

Good luck!.. And I have to agree with everyone else. US citizens should always apply outland. The process is so much faster! .. I applied outland on 9.10 and we got SA 10.28. Waiting for Ottawa office to make a decision on my PR now :)..

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
Mariac819 said:
I wish I could offer you more information but I am not well informed on how refunds work. I did tag them on facebook and I hope they come over and answer some questions for you.

You could try calling CIC and asking them about refunds if you want to withdraw your inland application. You could also ask about re-using the receipt for outland (however, I do believe they link the receipt # to the application when it is all scanned). Since you can technically search ECAS for your application using the payment receipt #.

Good luck!.. And I have to agree with everyone else. US citizens should always apply outland. The process is so much faster! .. I applied outland on 9.10 and we got SA 10.28. Waiting for Ottawa office to make a decision on my PR now :)..
Best of luck to you! Would love to hear when your PR decision is made so we have an idea of the possible timeframe. We are calling CIC tomorrow to get about 20 questions cleared up, but I did find the links to request a refund if that's what we end up needing to do. Not sure if we have to officially/formally withdraw our Inland app because it was already sent back to us, but we will ask. Thanks again for your help!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
mhook said:
Best of luck to you! Would love to hear when your PR decision is made so we have an idea of the possible timeframe. We are calling CIC tomorrow to get about 20 questions cleared up, but I did find the links to request a refund if that's what we end up needing to do. Not sure if we have to officially/formally withdraw our Inland app because it was already sent back to us, but we will ask. Thanks again for your help!

They aren't always very helpful . Call early in the morning, and if its busy, use redial lol Mariac and i will find the answer .

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
mhook said:
This is great advice, thank you!!! :D My 6-month visitor visa expired on Oct 31 so it looks like we have enough time to get it restored/extended. I will do that and we will start on our Outland application tomorrow (and get a new med exam and police record check, because the previous ones expired in October.) We should be able to submit our Outland app within a month with all the forms if we hurry. My one question, can we use the same proof of payment forms for the PR card fee, Sponsorship fee, and PR Application fee ($1040) that we paid in our original Inland application? Or do we have to pay again? And since they sent our Inland app back without processing it, do we need to do any other steps to formerly withdraw it and switch to Outland?
Just a note that your medical is actually valid for a year from the time you had them, so you will not have to redo your medical if you did it within a year from when you submit. It's only the police check that needs to be less than 3 months old.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
mhook said:
I'm the person who initially applied inland and then withdrew the application to apply outland. Was told multiple times by CIC I'd need to pay again as the receipt couldn't be used twice, but mind you, we had received AOR by the time we cancelled it. In your case they **might** accept the same receipt. I have an email sent by CIC with the steps & info needed to withdraw your application. Cannot copy and past it now but will do it first thing in the morning.

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
Help needed!

I applied for an outland spousal sponsorship for my husband (brazilian), he is currently working in Canada with valid work permit. And recently we got the COPR document along with his passport with VISA sticker. We've planned to get out of border in Vancouver (Point-Roberts US) by car and land by crossing the border.

However, we received an email from "CIC-OMC-noply" subject with "Appointment for admission as a permanent resident at a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office" saying as follows:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recently approved your application for permanent residence in Canada and sent you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.
If you have not already made arrangements, a CIC office near your place of residence in Canada will contact you shortly with the location, date and time of an appointment for you to complete the processing to become a permanent resident of Canada.
We look forward to admitting you to Canada as a new permanent resident.

What does this email mean? Do we need to contact local CIC office to have an interview? Or keep waiting to be contacted by CIC then proceed the landing procedure?

Thanks!! any comments will be greatly appreciated!

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
MizAngel said:
Just a note that your medical is actually valid for a year from the time you had them, so you will not have to redo your medical if you did it within a year from when you submit. It's only the police check that needs to be less than 3 months old.
Wonderful! Good to know, thank you.

mhook

Nov 17, 2014
MissRepresentation said:
I'm the person who initially applied inland and then withdrew the application to apply outland. Was told multiple times by CIC I'd need to pay again as the receipt couldn't be used twice, but mind you, we had received AOR by the time we cancelled it. In your case they **might** accept the same receipt. I have an email sent by CIC with the steps & info needed to withdraw your application. Cannot copy and past it now but will do it first thing in the morning.
We received AOR on Oct 3, exactly a month after when we initially mailed the Inland application. Did they send your Inland app back to you at any time due to something missing or incorrect? I'm hoping that even though we received AOR, the fact that they sent the entire package back for one outdated form, and I can't locate it by searching on the app status page, means that it never actually went into the system at all, and we might be able to use the payment receipts again. Requesting a refund and paying with the new application wouldn't be the end of the world, though. Thanks for you help!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
mhook said:
We received AOR on Oct 3, exactly a month after when we initially mailed the Inland application. Did they send your Inland app back to you at any time due to something missing or incorrect? I'm hoping that even though we received AOR, the fact that they sent the entire package back for one outdated form, and I can't locate it by searching on the app status page, means that it never actually went into the system at all, and we might be able to use the payment receipts again. Requesting a refund and paying with the new application wouldn't be the end of the world, though. Thanks for you help!
No, it was never sent back to us. In a way I wish it had been because it'd have saved me a lot of hassle! Will definitely post that email re. refunds & withdrawal process.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
dombledore said:
Help needed!

I applied for an outland spousal sponsorship for my husband (brazilian), he is currently working in Canada with valid work permit. And recently we got the COPR document along with his passport with VISA sticker. We've planned to get out of border in Vancouver (Point-Roberts US) by car and land by crossing the border.

However, we received an email from "CIC-OMC-noply" subject with "Appointment for admission as a permanent resident at a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office" saying as follows:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recently approved your application for permanent residence in Canada and sent you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.
If you have not already made arrangements, a CIC office near your place of residence in Canada will contact you shortly with the location, date and time of an appointment for you to complete the processing to become a permanent resident of Canada.
We look forward to admitting you to Canada as a new permanent resident.

What does this email mean? Do we need to contact local CIC office to have an interview? Or keep waiting to be contacted by CIC then proceed the landing procedure?

Thanks!! any comments will be greatly appreciated!
What I understand from this email:

1. They know he is INSIDE Canada with a work permit
2. Therefore, they are setting up a "landing" inside Canada so that he doesn't have to go to the border and do it.

Makes perfect sense when you think about it. Why exit and come back into the country if you are already inside. They probably will do whatever it is they do at "landing" so that they can issue him his PR card.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
taffy7 said:
So brucem advice wasn't so bad afterwards .I believe you can use the same receipt.I will let canuck confirm this .
+1 for taffy

It's a shame CIC give out such terrible advice as these are people's lives and relationships/families at stake. I doubt if very many would choose inland if they were aware of all the options. Hopefully mhook will get the Outland app sorted and avoid that long inland wait.