File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Also, since you applied inland, it usually takes a year just to get AOR, so you're lucky you got it in only a few months. This is a big waiting game with small amounts of activity in between long periods of nothing. There's not much you can do if you're within the posted times.

ahndie69

Oct 24, 2013
Quezon city
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
AugUst 4, 2014. PPR, Aom, appendix A & RPRf
AOR Received.
May 27, 2014
File Transfer...
May 29, 2014
Med's Request
June 7, 2014
Med's Done....
June 8, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
August 4, 2014 In process: August 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
This October 2014 maybe
Any update this morning?.....

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Zimmi said:
I am really fed up with CIC. I just wanted to share my experience with Immigration Canada and acknowledge all of you to increase the pressure to CIC.

These are my facts:
App Type: Inland Sponsorship
App Date: Oct. 23rd 2013 (received by CIC)
AOR: must have been in February 2014 (CIC can't even put a date on their letters?)

I am currently on a study visa, which is set to expire by July 2015. My wife is Canadian and she sponsored me for PR. The way the processing is going, I will probably have to get an extension as I am very doubtful that CIC will have done anything on my application by that time.

I called CIC last week to obtain information about the processing times, and I wanted to know what actually is going on at CIC. As I am sure you are all aware, processing is basically stalled for the past 6 months. When pressing the Call Centre Agent for some information, I got the feeling that he is witholding some important information. Something strange must be going on, that we all don't know about. I mean, seriously, no matter how slow and with how little staff you process applications, the processing would still move - but its not. I get a feeling that they have the orders to not process any spousal sponsorship applications.
I asked the agent how many applications they received last year between July and October, so that I could perhaps "calculate" the processing time on my own. Apparently, CIC has no clue how many applications for Sponsorship got received last year.
How can this be? Immigration Canada does not keep any track of their applications? I can't believe that a federal ministry does not know the most basic tasks of bookkeeping and administration. Either he is simply lying to me, or CIC is really such a chaotic club. It is a shame how our application dollars and Canadian taxpayers money gets wasted for this Ministry.

My wife and I are now trying to get our local MP to inquire at CIC. I highly recommend you to do the same. Google your local MP and contact them explaining your situation.

Hey Zimmi
MP still can't do anything about the application...my husband called his MP for our application that has been received last October 2013 and up to now we still don't hear anything from our apps. the only assurance that the MP can give us is that CIC got our papers, payment received too. they can only say it is still in processing time, they may be able to contact CIC but they cannot make it faster...they can only check if the application was updated and inform you that it is....it's tough but all we can do is to wait. my husband also is a Canadian.

ABHICHARU

Mar 10, 2014
Good Morning Leon,

well i have gone through many mails and their websites and send my questions regarding my file, well they are saying that they have started to work on file on 19th June 2014, since then after they don't give any answer regarding the same. i am still worried. as they dont answer about the same and i dont know what to do, as have send all the documets

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
Hi Everybody,

We submitted our application last week.

I keep hearing that it takes around 1 year or more to even hear about the first AOR (which I guess means acknowledgement of receipt from CPC-M).

But I see in the Excel Sheet of the applicants whose VO is CPC-O ("CPP-Ottawa spreadsheet: http:....." ) that recently the VO and CPC-M have become very fast. Many applicants have landed after 5 or 6 months.

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Cheers 8)

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
That depends if you applied inland or not.

Inland is a very slow process, whereas outland can be fast, depending on your VO. Ottawa is NOT an inland office. It processes US applicants, and yes, it has been extremely fast lately.

Tarshi

Sep 9, 2014
Hi Everyone/Leon,

I had applied for a study Permit in 2009 but was refused visa and was not allowed to apply for 2 years since my agent had mislead me.

I had applied for CAIP notes for that case recently and found that the 2 year ban was over in 2011.

I got married in Sept 2013 and my husband has OPW valid until 2016 and he is eligible to apply for PR in CEC by October 2014. I would like to know if I my husband can apply for my PR sponsorship along with his application or should I apply for spousal OPW first (in the month of Sept 2014) and then while my spousal OPW is being processed I can submit my file for PR with my husband's file (in Oct/ Nov 2014).

Could you please advise me (in detail) on the course of action I need to follow so that I don't get denied this time?

And would my previous visa refusal have any affect on my new application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tarshi said:
Hi Everyone/Leon,

I had applied for a study Permit in 2009 but was refused visa and was not allowed to apply for 2 years since my agent had mislead me.

I had applied for CAIP notes for that case recently and found that the 2 year ban was over in 2011.

I got married in Sept 2013 and my husband has OPW valid until 2016 and he is eligible to apply for PR in CEC by October 2014. I would like to know if I my husband can apply for my PR sponsorship along with his application or should I apply for spousal OPW first (in the month of Sept 2014) and then while my spousal OPW is being processed I can submit my file for PR with my husband's file (in Oct/ Nov 2014).

Could you please advise me (in detail) on the course of action I need to follow so that I don't get denied this time?

And would my previous visa refusal have any affect on my new application?
Yes - your husband must include you in his PR application. You should post your OWP question to the Foreign Workers section of this forum.

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
MilesAway said:
That depends if you applied inland or not.

Inland is a very slow process, whereas outland can be fast, depending on your VO. Ottawa is NOT an inland office. It processes US applicants, and yes, it has been extremely fast lately.
Thanks for your quick reply.

I just explained for Zarilenth too (in a message).

We filled up the 'In Canada' application package (if that is what you mean by In-/Out-Land). We are both living in Canada now. We selected CPC-O as our preferred centre. However I understand that they can send it to any office they find more appropriate.

I thought CPC-O is the visa office for applicants who are residing in the US and Canada. That is my interpretation from reading the following two pages:

/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp?q=2

Am I missing something here?

(I could not put the whole URL as the forum kept prompting that I am not allowed to post links here. Please add www{dot}cic{dot}gc{dot}ca in the beginning of the addresses above)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
arnina84 said:
Thanks for your quick reply.

I just explained for Zarilenth too (in a message).

We filled up the 'In Canada' application package (if that is what you mean by In-/Out-Land). We are both living in Canada now. We selected CPC-O as our preferred centre. However I understand that they can send it to any office they find more appropriate.

I thought CPC-O is the visa office for applicants who are residing in the US and Canada. That is my interpretation from reading the following two pages:

/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

/english/information/offices/apply-map.asp?q=2

Am I missing something here?

(I could not put the whole URL as the forum kept prompting that I am not allowed to post links here. Please add www{dot}cic{dot}gc{dot}ca in the beginning of the addresses above)
Ottawa is for Outland applications.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I applied to sponsor my spouse with inland application. It will take 13 months to get the application accepted for first stage.
As my spouse living with me and enjoy the implied status until first stage approval , and during that time not covered by Alberta health services.
Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days.
So what the advice to cover her health care during that lapse time especially if she got pregnant. I have coverage for her that covers her lab exam and medicine.
Any advice highly appreciated/

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
arnina84 said:
Thanks. Ow then which office takes care of inland applications? CPC-V?
Mississauga does, then the file gets transferred to your local office for the landing interview.

Sep 8, 2014
Hello, my boyfriend and I are planning to do the common-law thing.

However, he has student loans from the government. Is he eligible to apply for a common-law sponsorship?

I heard some people were able to petition their spouses/common-law/conjugal partners even while having loans. Is there anyone who can shed more light on this? Is there a workaround?

The last resort actually is that the loan or part of it, will be paid by an external source. But before that, I want to know first if there are any workarounds.

Thank you to whoever will reply, I would really appreciate it.

I'm just a little confused because it says on the CIC website:

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled

I've read some posts too saying it's not a welfare thing by the government, so student loans are not included.