Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Hi everybody,
Just getting everything together to apply for spousal sponsorship

Got a question in regards to IMM 5669 Question 8 Personal History….
If I went on a backpacking trip for 6 months or so but came back to Australia to the SAME address and SAME job, do I have to enter this in for the personal history ( Central American trip with multiple towns in Countries in 1 month, over about 6 months ) or do I not have to worry about it as it's more travel history and I don't need send this as I'm from Australia?

If I do have to enter this, how do I go about listing all the towns and countries when it only gives you a month timeframe to fill out?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aussam said:
Hi everybody,
Just getting everything together to apply for spousal sponsorship

Got a question in regards to IMM 5669 Question 8 Personal History....
If I went on a backpacking trip for 6 months or so but came back to Australia to the SAME address and SAME job, do I have to enter this in for the personal history ( Central American trip with multiple towns in Countries in 1 month, over about 6 months ) or do I not have to worry about it as it's more travel history and I don't need send this as I'm from Australia?

If I do have to enter this, how do I go about listing all the towns and countries when it only gives you a month timeframe to fill out?

Yes, you have to include this information, unless your country-specific instructions say that you do not need to include it.

If you do, use a separate sheet of paper to expand your answer (and write `see addendum xxx'). Be sure to write all of your pertinent information across the top of the sheet, along with the question that this is answering, in detail. Don't simply say `see attached', because the sheet may become `un-attached', somewhere along the way. LOL!

Good luck!

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
You do not have to declare your conjugal status at a port of entry. I got my visitor visa 45 days after getting married, but had applied several months earlier (before the wedding) and indicated I was single.
After our wedding my wife and I came to Canada on different flights and didn't have any issues when renewing my visitor visa.
BUT REMEMBER: An immigration officer at a point of entry can ask anything anytime! Be ready.

vinem said:
Hello All,

I am just reposting my concern under this Subject. Need some help. Thanks

I am a Canadian resident who got divorced and now in a five year sponsorship ban. I am planning to get married soon from outside of Canada.

Since I am on a sponsorship ban till mid of next year, I thought of bringing my spouse on visit visa/ working holiday visa and live together till I am eligible to apply.
We had applied for working holiday visa and it got approved. Means.. my spouse got the working holiday visa before the marriage itself.
My concern is ,

1. Can my spouse come to Canada after marriage , using the working holiday visa?
2. I know , you have to declare your status at the port of entry , if it is changed after the working holiday visa is approved. In my case, I got married from outside of Canada
and my spouse is coming to Canada using the working holiday visa which was got approved well before marriage. Will the officers doubt the intent ??

3. Will there be any problem at the port of entry? Can they deny the entrance when declaring my spouse got married to a me, who is a Canadian resident and trying to enter Canada using WHV??

4. if yes, can someone help is identifying the alternate way to bring my spouse to Canada, and to live together till I am eligible to apply under spousal category?

Thanks.

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
No he's not in Canada. Yea, it's better he stays in Czech Republic, things could become complicated. Thanks a lot for your feedback tho!

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
In Process as of 15-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Ponga said:
Yes, you have to include this information, unless your country-specific instructions say that you do not need to include it.

If you do, use a separate sheet of paper to expand your answer (and write `see addendum xxx'). Be sure to write all of your pertinent information across the top of the sheet, along with the question that this is answering, in detail. Don't simply say `see attached', because the sheet may become `un-attached', somewhere along the way. LOL!

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply Ponga!
It's confusing as I've read on this forum that you don't need to write in short trips if you don't change address or job and then there are others saying you need to write in everything! Plus on the initial question area, they only give you a Month/Year and short answer descriptions, which tells me that they don't require a lot of intricate information or exact dates. Like not providing the several things you had done in 1 particular month.

I'm pretty sure with Australia I don't have to supply travel history/information. Countries that do have to, what do they put in for their personal history? As they wouldn't have to "double up" with the two having the same info in personal history and travel history. Or do they?

Or do I just write in point form on the extra sheet saying for example :
From Feb 2008 to Aug 2008 Went backpacking through North and Central America to countries:
-Canada
-USA
-Mexico
-Guatemala
-Honduras
etc

Any help with this is really greatly appreciated!
It is pretty much the only question in this whole application that's really stumped me and has a lot of grey area!!

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Woohoo... wife sent the package out this morning. Now I have a terrible feeling we may have forgotten something. We filled out all the forms, signed and dated them properly (double checked by me, double checked by her over two days). We have lots of proof (my wife organized everything in nice folders) full of pictures (30+), receipts (hotels for wedding halls, honeymoon hotels, etc.), flight ticket stubs (honeymoon + trips to Canada). Got a letter of employment for my job in Korea, invitation letter for a job in Canada, my oldest option C printout plus a letter explaining why I don't have a recent one... Long paragraphs written on a separate page detailing our relationship and its development, our wedding, our honeymoon, etc. Her medical check, translated documents (family registry, wedding certificate stuff, others), 10 passport photos or whatever...

The list goes on, I suppose. I'm just worried we incorrectly filled in a box somewhere or something. :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yumyumhungry said:
Woohoo... wife sent the package out this morning. Now I have a terrible feeling we may have forgotten something. We filled out all the forms, signed and dated them properly (double checked by me, double checked by her over two days). We have lots of proof (my wife organized everything in nice folders) full of pictures (30+), receipts (hotels for wedding halls, honeymoon hotels, etc.), flight ticket stubs (honeymoon + trips to Canada). Got a letter of employment for my job in Korea, invitation letter for a job in Canada, my oldest option C printout plus a letter explaining why I don't have a recent one... Long paragraphs written on a separate page detailing our relationship and its development, our wedding, our honeymoon, etc. Her medical check, translated documents (family registry, wedding certificate stuff, others), 10 passport photos or whatever...

The list goes on, I suppose. I'm just worried we incorrectly filled in a box somewhere or something. :(
That's perfectly normal paranoia. We all go through it. I scanned EVERYTHING that we submitted, just so that we could check it after it was sent.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

One of the reasons my fiance and I (engaged last December 2013) are getting married civil marriage is because of cost, another is because his older sister is also getting married and and his family does not want us to have a reception before her.

We plan to get married at the city hall with both our parents there but have our reception 4 or 5 months later so that his sister can have her complete wedding (ceremony and reception) in September.

Time line :

August - our marriage (city Hall)
September- His sister's wedding
Maybe December - Our wedding reception

We plan to submit our application for PR in September. Would this affect our application in anyway?

If the application for PR has already been submitted and we have our reception later in December 2014 or January 2015 , do we need to send in additional info and pictures? If so, how do we go about doing so?

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks!!

enjheycee

Feb 9, 2012
hi guys!

question... the embassy already requested for my husband's passport. and he need to submit picture but they didnt specify how many they need. do you have any idea about this?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Blossom318 said:
Hi everyone,

One of the reasons my fiance and I (engaged last December 2013) are getting married civil marriage is because of cost, another is because his older sister is also getting married and and his family does not want us to have a reception before her.

We plan to get married at the city hall with both our parents there but have our reception 4 or 5 months later so that his sister can have her complete wedding (ceremony and reception) in September.

Time line :

August - our marriage (city Hall)
September- His sister's wedding
Maybe December - Our wedding reception

We plan to submit our application for PR in September. Would this affect our application in anyway?

If the application for PR has already been submitted and we have our reception later in December 2014 or January 2015 , do we need to send in additional info and pictures? If so, how do we go about doing so?

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks!!
nope, you just explain your situation in your application. there is an question that specifically asks about whether there was a reception. you then explain why you are having a separate one. use extra paper to explain the details. it helps to add the names of your guests and put a copy of any deposits paid and invitations. make sure to snap a picture with your parents at the civil ceremony. they like seeing immediate family was with you. it's not recommended to send in more information unless CIC specifically asks for it, as it can get lost, delay your application, or confuse them.

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
In Process as of 15-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Hi,
Currently I'm living with my wife on a visitor visa in Canada from February.
What do I write down for "Activity" in IMM 5669 Question 8: Personal History for this, do I put down "Travelling"?
Even though I'm just sitting at home doing nothing! Or do I put something else in like "residing" ?

Thanks!

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

So you're saying they won't reject you for not making enough money.. What does this chart mean? And If I'm sponsoring my husband with NO dependant children, am under (1 person) or (2 persons). It is just Myself, and Danny.

Table 3

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (the sponsor) $23,647
2 persons $29440,
3 persons $36,193
4 persons $43,942
5 persons $49,839
6 persons $56,209
7 persons $62,581
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,362
If you are using this kit after December 31, 2014, contact our Call Centre for revised LICO figures.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DANERIN said:

So you're saying they won't reject you for not making enough money.. What does this chart mean? And If I'm sponsoring my husband with NO dependant children, am under (1 person) or (2 persons). It is just Myself, and Danny.

Table 3

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (the sponsor) $23,647
2 persons $29440,
3 persons $36,193
4 persons $43,942
5 persons $49,839
6 persons $56,209
7 persons $62,581
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,362
If you are using this kit after December 31, 2014, contact our Call Centre for revised LICO figures.
Not sure where you found that, but LICO is not a requirement for a spousal sponsorship application. While there is no minimum income requirement, you do have to tell CIC how you will support yourself and your partner/spouse.

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Ponga said:
Not sure where you found that, but LICO is not a requirement for a spousal sponsorship application. While there is no minimum income requirement, you do have to tell CIC how you will support yourself and your partner/spouse.
Perfect, I found it on google but now that I go back, it is to sponsor additional family members like a niece or sister. Oops sorry. That being said, If i am making enough money, or at least I believe I am, is it still on my best interest to write a letter explaining my plans for later?

Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Blossom - i just replied to your PM. hopefully you got it!