Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
If the forms don't apply to you you can leave them out no problem. I believe it says on the document checklist which ones are optional. (but dont quote me on that)

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
I read over some of my answers and some sound weird. Can anyone help shed some light, my husband/sponsor technically in my eyes lived together for around three to four months at a time from 2007 to 2011 after I came back to the US for schooling. How should I word this in my paper work? I was putting in all the little three to four months time span for when it asks for cohabitation dates but I have no idea the exact dates since it was so long ago. I just remember bouncing back and forth. I started to explain that in the question prior to it, should I just refresh that in the question that follows my detailed of when I visited my sponsor, or should I check no that we havent lived together?
Thanks.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
msbigshot said:
I read over some of my answers and some sound weird. Can anyone help shed some light, my husband/sponsor technically in my eyes lived together for around three to four months at a time from 2007 to 2011 after I came back to the US for schooling. How should I word this in my paper work? I was putting in all the little three to four months time span for when it asks for cohabitation dates but I have no idea the exact dates since it was so long ago. I just remember bouncing back and forth. I started to explain that in the question prior to it, should I just refresh that in the question that follows my detailed of when I visited my sponsor, or should I check no that we havent lived together?
Thanks.
You can just explain that you lived together off and on during that time period, and explain the circumstances. Did you go to Canada usually during summer holidays and then he took a couple of months off to see you at another time of year? You can say that you lived together as often as you could but because you were moving back and forth so much it's hard to give exact dates.

Lil_lulu86

Feb 22, 2014
United States going to Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Working on it
I have a question about crossing. I am planning in getting married this trip and planning on staying with him during the course of my paperwork in becoming a PR. What do I tell the border? How long do I say I am staying for without it being suspicious? And also if I say a few weeks can I apply for an extension in those few weeks. The wedding is in July and I am coming up in a few weeks

giny

Apr 3, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship - specifi # of days before and after marriage???

Hi my name is giny. I am working as a part time receptionist. I will be getting arranged married in oct in srilanka. I really like him. I will be sponsoring him to canada after. I am new in all this spousership stuff. I dont want to cause a ddeelay in the sponsorship.I will be going there for 4 weeks,and i will have a wedding and a registeration there also. Is there a rule in srilanka that you have to stay specific # of days in srilanka before or after marriage inorder for sponsorship to be accepted? I cant get dayoff from work for more than 4 weeks :(.
HELP!

Thanks

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
agarand8 said:
You can just explain that you lived together off and on during that time period, and explain the circumstances. Did you go to Canada usually during summer holidays and then he took a couple of months off to see you at another time of year? You can say that you lived together as often as you could but because you were moving back and forth so much it's hard to give exact dates.
I ended up quitting my job and became unemployed-my husband (at the time boyfriend) was able to support me financially and he had just bought a house so I would stay for lengthy times typically three to four months before I came back home to stay for a month or so. We were going to apply back in 2008 as common law, when we spoke with the border 'help line' they explained that we had to live with each other for X amount of time before that could happen, and you could not stay in Canada for more that 5 weeks and 29 days or something. So that's what happened with all the back and forth stuff. I just don't want to say No we havent lived together when really we pretty much have, but I don't want the dates to be so choppy it raises questions.
I appreciate all the answers to these questions!

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
** Not five weeks, five months. Sorry!

mirakhorli.f

Mar 25, 2014
Hello guys,
I study in montreal and I want to apply PR by sponsership. I want to know, when I want to send my application forms for the first step, can I send the documents for open work permit, while I have a valid student formit for 1 years? or I should wait till my study permit come to expire?
besides, the people who study in canada can apply by their own for work permit after graduating. I wonder if I can do for myself while I'm waiting for my sponser ship documents to be processed?
Thakn you very much

shuaibks

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
CALGARY
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello all is any one can help me
I has applied to sponsor to my wife and my son from Pakistan. The application was submitted Nov 2012 and an acknowledgment of receipt was received from CPC Mississauga dated March 8, 2013. The letter indicates that the sponsor is ineligible but in my application I chek the option that if my file not approved send to CHC Islamabad so they send my file to Islamabad in jun 2013 since then I or my wife haven't receive any letter from CHC Islamabad I called to cic 2 weeks ago they told me that my file transfer to CHC Landon office.. is any one can tell me what should I do im so worried about them thx.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
shuaibks said:
Hello all is any one can help me
I has applied to sponsor to my wife and my son from Pakistan. The application was submitted Nov 2012 and an acknowledgment of receipt was received from CPC Mississauga dated March 8, 2013. The letter indicates that the sponsor is ineligible but in my application I chek the option that if my file not approved send to CHC Islamabad so they send my file to Islamabad in jun 2013 since then I or my wife haven't receive any letter from CHC Islamabad I called to cic 2 weeks ago they told me that my file transfer to CHC Landon office.. is any one can tell me what should I do im so worried about them thx.
Some of the processing for Islamabad applications is done in London. This is normal.
I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen with your application if the sponsor was found ineligible. Is this an H&C case?

SparkBeni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
submitted to ISB-- now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
25-01-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2012 first med, 25-06-2014 2nd med
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
sooon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soonnn
Hi everyone i am new to this forum, my husband have applied for spouse sponsorship for me back in August 2012, later i have not received any update from CIC for any medical to be done , since i have not submitted my medical with my file. then in 10 December 2012 my husband inquired CIC call center about my application they told him that they have already sent the file for medical to be done on 15 Oct 2012. We both got worried as the file was not received at our address, as their mail doesnot contain any tracking number so we cant track where my complete file is.. then we email them about our lost application and then they response in Jan 2013 to resend the file. After getting know my file is not with them not at our address and not at any post office i started making my file again and sent to my husband, he submitted on 16th Jan 2013 and we got an email from CIC on 25 Jan 2013 that our file is now in Islamabad. Since then i have no update about my file, status shows that medical results have been received and file is in process please find delay on emails .. i am soo worried its been more then 14 months and no update from their side,.... i know many of you have put your experiences here so please if somebody is also in the phase and also waiting for the response let me know.. Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
keydean said:
Hi! My husband is from the UK, and so am I originally, but he's on a visitors visa that expires May 17th.
We applied under the Inland Family Class Spousal application in on 15th Jan 2014 but have yet to hear anything from immigration at all. No letter or email, is that normal or should I be concerned? I know that processing takes a while but isn't there some kind of letter to say "thanks, we got it"?
Because they have moved processing from Vegreville to Mississauga, the normal process has been disrupted. It will take some time for the process to settle into its new behavior pattern.

A TRV ("visa") is a travel document permitting the holder to travel to Canada. A visitor record is a status document indicating the person is in Canada legally on visitor status. He does not need a visa (because the UK is visa exempt) so I assume he has a visitor record.

Did you apply for an open work permit along with the PR application? If so, he has "implied status" which means he can remain in Canada until they make a decision on the work permit application. Implied status does not arise from just filing a permanent resident application. Implied status ends when he leaves Canada, however...

keydean said:
Also, our daughter was born on 21st Feb 2014, do you think that her being Canadian and him Welsh would constitute as "Urgent" with him having to return in May? Has anyone else tried to get their visa put through as Urgent?
There is no mechanism for requesting urgent processing. While you can request it, I've never heard of anyone being given urgent process based upon their own request (CIC did expedite applications in Manila after the typhoon last year, but that was exceptional and applied to a class of applicants, not a single applicant).

keydean said:
I'm so scared that they won't let him back in the country on a visitors visa, as we can't even give the border police a reference number or anything to prove we've applied. It will tear our little family apart if he can't get back through! (We're going to the UK as his brother's getting married, but for the whole trip I think my heart will be in my throat).
It is unlikely they will refuse him at the border, but it is possible. I hope you kept a copy of the receipt for payment of fees - that's usually all it takes. Plus, it is likely the application is in the computer system but has not yet been acknowledged.

keydean said:
If he can't get back in to Canada, then what is my Canadian daughter to do in the UK? Any advice???
Presumably your daughter is a dual national. If she is born in the UK, she will need to obtain a certificate of Canadian citizenship. If she is born in Canada, I recall that there is a registration mechanism to ensure she can claim her UK citizenship (though I'm less familiar with that process).

Don't worry too much about this - it's very unlikely the officer will refuse. It is possible, but the CBSA officer would need to have some valid ground for doing so.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
computergeek said:
Presumably your daughter is a dual national. If she is born in the UK, she will need to obtain a certificate of Canadian citizenship. If she is born in Canada, I recall that there is a registration mechanism to ensure she can claim her UK citizenship (though I'm less familiar with that process).
See https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

soulful_wala

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2013/02/05
File Transfer...
2013/05/28
Med's Done....
2013/01/20
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2014/03/24
VISA ISSUED...
2014/03/31
LANDED..........
-
Hi everyone,
My husband received his visa today. But they didn't include his first name on it, only his last name. I think this is because his last name is very long and there is not enough space to also include the first name. Do you think that will create a problem for him at the airport?

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
I just paid for the fees online for our spousal sponsorship - outland.

I printed the receipt, and for filling in the details, I can't fill in Client ID! I don't have one yet!

Did I screw up something?

Thanks