Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Riri said:
Helo
If my boyfriend comes to Canada through student visa for school, and he gets married to a canadian citizen. Do I still nneed to sponspor?
If he wants to be a permanent resident - then yes.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
scylla said:
If he wants to be a permanent resident - then yes.
He does have the option to apply in an economic category. For example, if he is obtaining his PhD, he can apply in the PhD stream. Or if he has a PGWP, he will qualify for CEC after one year of eligible work.

jihadberberi

May 6, 2013
frege said:
This is not right. You can drive on a foreign licence for 6 months after settling in Quebec. 12 months is the length of time you have to exchange your foreign one for a Quebec one. Between 6 and 12 months, you can't drive, but you can still do the exchange.

With a Lebanese licence, you have to take a driving test, but you're exempt from the mandatory driving lessons a first-time driver would have to take.

The six-month rule applies as soon as you become a resident of Quebec. If you're just visiting, you can drive with a foreign licence and IDP indefinitely.
Thanks Frege,

You mean, as a Canadian citizen living in Lebanon, that i can drive with my Lebanese licence (or my Lebanese IDP) for 6 months after settling in Quebec, correct? Am I exempted from the theoric driving exam but I will be tested by the practical one?

Thanks

jihadberberi

May 6, 2013
Hello,

I'm a Canadian citizen living outside Canada. I'm going to pay the fee of the outland application to sponsor my wife (75$+475$+490$). Is the online payment acceptable (by Credit Card) from outside Canada? if yes, is the receipt can be saved in my computer to be printed later at any bookshop since i don't have a printer, or I should have a printer connected to the computer at the moment of payment online?

Thanks

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
computergeek said:
He does have the option to apply in an economic category. For example, if he is obtaining his PhD, he can apply in the PhD stream. Or if he has a PGWP, he will qualify for CEC after one year of eligible work.
After the 2 years does he have to go back to srilanka after hes done school?

guru_guru

Oct 8, 2013
u might be able to save it to computer and print it later.
or you can take the screen shot with PRT SC button on ur keyboard.
then paste it in paint utility and save the picture.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
jihadberberi said:
Hello,

I'm a Canadian citizen living outside Canada. I'm going to pay the fee of the outland application to sponsor my wife (75$+475$+490$). Is the online payment acceptable (by Credit Card) from outside Canada? if yes, is the receipt can be saved in my computer to be printed later at any bookshop since i don't have a printer, or I should have a printer connected to the computer at the moment of payment online?

Thanks
You can pay with a Credit Card and yes it works when you are outside of Canada. If you do not have a printer at the time of making the payment that is fine. They will email you a copy of the receipt as well, but if you are scared that it wont, then just make sure that it has been emailed to you first before closing the tab with the receipt. I did not print the receipt the moment I paid the fees. I downloaded the PDF that was sent to my email and printed that later.

moiztapal

Oct 8, 2013
I m applying for canadian immigration on my wife sponsorship who is a canadian citizen. I have a question regarding communication sent between me and wife during our relationship as proof of continuing relationship. In our case, since me and my wife first met we have been living in the same city (karachi, pakistan) and our main form of communication have been phone calls (for which i have lengthy records), however we used emails and text messages very occasionally thus don't have much documentary proves to show in this regard. Just wanted to ask that whether this fact in any way weakens our application??

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
moiztapal said:
I m applying for canadian immigration on my wife sponsorship who is a canadian citizen. I have a question regarding communication sent between me and wife during our relationship as proof of continuing relationship. In our case, since me and my wife first met we have been living in the same city (karachi, pakistan) and our main form of communication have been phone calls (for which i have lengthy records), however we used emails and text messages very occasionally thus don't have much documentary proves to show in this regard. Just wanted to ask that whether this fact in any way weakens our application??
Hi!
The more you put the better it is. Print out the emails too, take pictures of the texts with your phone and print those too. We added lots of pics, congratulations cards from our wedding, receipts of gifts exchanged, receipts of travels done together or flight tickets, letters from family and friends testifying to your relationships... We also added a letter from each one of us to the officer in question.
Hope this helps!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
jihadberberi said:
Thanks Frege,

You mean, as a Canadian citizen living in Lebanon, that i can drive with my Lebanese licence (or my Lebanese IDP) for 6 months after settling in Quebec, correct? Am I exempted from the theoric driving exam but I will be tested by the practical one?

Thanks
Yes, except that you aren't exempted from the knowledge exam. You're exempted from the driving course that is mandatory for new drivers.

Also, the IDP doesn't replace the Lebanese licence. It's in addition to it. I think for the first six months you can drive with the Lebanese licence only, but if it's in Arabic only, it's recommended to have an IDP as well. Never drive with only the IDP, as it's not valid on its own.

Here is a description of the process one Lebanese immigrant went through. If you've never held a Quebec licence, and resided in Lebanon when you obtained the Lebanese one, then you'll be in the same situation even though you're a Canadian citizen. Be prepared to provide proof of residence in Lebanon.

http://www.forum.immigrer.com/topic/111449-permis-de-conduire-vos-experiences-et-conseils/

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Anyone knows how long it is taking for medical extension requests?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
fromadistance said:
Anyone knows how long it is taking for medical extension requests?
Usually a couple of weeks.

Tjaay

Oct 9, 2013
Hello if my spouse is currently on rental assistance, will that count as social assistance and make them ineligible to sponsor me?