12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zmikers said:
#12 IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS of the General Asia Guide states my wife needs to:

Provide the following documents:
• birth certificates,
• baptismal certificates or,
• other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries) for
you and each of your family members.

I am a bit confused. Which relationship does she need to confirm? We are already submitting our marriage certificate so wouldn't the marriage certificate confirm our relationship? Does she also need to submit a copy of our household registration with my name on it? Will the household registration meet these requirements?

Thanks again.
That would be if she had children. She would submit their birth certificates to prove they are her biological children or adoption papers for adopted children. She should submit her birth certificate as her proof of ID and submit the Household Registry for proof of relationship.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
amikety said:
That would be if she had children. She would submit their birth certificates to prove they are her biological children or adoption papers for adopted children. She should submit her birth certificate as her proof of ID and submit the Household Registry for proof of relationship.
So we are sending her passport, National ID but we also need to send her birth certificate as proof of ID?
We are sending our marriage certificate but we also need to send our household registration for proof of our relationship?

Is this correct or are there too many documents being sent here.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zmikers said:
So we are sending her passport, National ID but we also need to send her birth certificate as proof of ID?
We are sending our marriage certificate but we also need to send our household registration for proof of our relationship?

You can send in more than one document. Only 1 may be required, but you can still send in more than one. I sent in 3 documents for proof of identity.

As far as proof of relationship, the marriage certificate is good - but you need more than just that for proof of your relationship. A document showing you live together is good for that. However, it's up to you. I would send it - my personal opinion.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
zmikers said:

Passport and national ID should suffice as proof of ID (national ID is important for many nationalities because other documents, such as police certificates, are issued with that number on it). Marriage certificate as proof of factual relationship to you. Household registration could be used as part of proof for ongoing relationship; but you need bills/correspondence sent to you, her or both of you to the same address and household purchases under both names, if you have them, as proof of ongoing relationship. We were explicitly asked for those.

bia_rmm

Mar 16, 2013
computergeek said:
Medicals are only good for a year. Last year they changed the process so they could be extended for an additional 12 months, but that wouldn't apply to you at this point.

No, the 8 months is the time for 80% of applications to reach the "Decision Made" point - you are already there. The only thing required in your case is the local office confirming your medicals are current (even though there's no chance that those results will change the decision - it's a statutory requirement they be current) then they should schedule your landing appointment.

You should contact the call centre. It is possible that they do not know your medicals are done, or your local office has not yet looked at them, but in either case, five months after you received DM is a very long time to wait for a landing appointment even if you had to do a re-medical. If they won't tell you anything useful, you should order your GCMS notes (search the CIC website for "privacy act" and you will find the forms - there is no charge to order your own records as long as you are inside Canada, which you obviously are.) Your sponsor should also contact the MP for your district in that case, because political pressure usually brings good results to cases like yours.

You should be a permanent resident LONG before October 2013. Indeed, you should have been a permanent resident by now.

Good luck!
Thank you for your help. I don't know that I have actually reached the "Decision Made" point though... on ecas it still shows my application as being "In Process" my understanding according to the Processing Times for Family Sponsorship on the CIC website is that I'm in the "Step 2" part of the "Person to be sponsored lives in Canada" chart which means after I got AIP I still would need to wait on average 8 months (as per that chart - Step 1 currently says 6 months). As far as I know my application hasn't been transfered to any local office for anything. All that being said I will definitely call the call centre to get an update. I feel like they're never really able to give me any usefull information... but oh well, it's always good to check up on it I suppose!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I originally send the application (I am sponsoring my wife), we had only 1 months communication history such as emails, chat history etc. But now I can show last 8 months history (which would be over 500 pages).

Is it ok to send additional supporting documents to the Visa office when the file is on que for processing at stage 2? ( We have the File# and my spouse UCI # now.)

FlashG

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-19-2012 and July 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Note: Dependent had to be re-applied for in July 2013. Doc request on Sep-19-2013
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
DM1 Aug-28-2012/DM 1 Aug 21-2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2012, repeat X-rays requested April 30, 2013. Complete new Medical July 2013
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-22-2012 and second time on Sep 19-2013
VISA ISSUED...
May-29-2013 Decision Made on e-cas (DM2), and second time on January 14, 2013 June 7, 2013 COPR received, June 10,2013 COPR Returned to VO for correction, June 23, 2013 COPR received back, no correction made. Second COPR received January 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed July 5, 2013 (Spouse); Flagpole Landing for Dependent on Mar 14, 2014 PR Card Received Aug 1, 2014
Hey,

I would agree with you, you need to send CIC more relevant information. You certainly can send them additional information. It sounds like it will help your case, which on the face of things to me seems relatively weak. You applied very quickly after getting married (1 month), and you got married after only courting for 2 weeks. Then you returned to Canada. Is that so? Not looking good in the realm of International marriages. However, sounds like your relationship has developed a little bit since that time. You should demonstrate some additional visits over time also, if you can do so - have you been back to see her, or plan to?

Best to improve your case as much as you can. How are you going to prove to CIC that your marriage is not a "marriage of convenience" ? Sorry to be blunt, but that is in the backs of everyone's mind here. You can see from reading on this forum the difficulties people face and the great lengths people go to respond to it.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
A few questions;

1. When I get my PR do I need to declare my PR the next time I enter or can I wait to land to another time?
2. Can I land in Quebec although I am just landing there and driving onto Ontario?
3. If no to number 2, can the Canadian land back as a perm resident with their belongings and I then flagpole at Ontario/NY a day or so later?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
herewecome said:
A few questions;

1. When I get my PR do I need to declare my PR the next time I enter or can I wait to land to another time?
Any time. Just remember to do it before it expires - otherwise you get to start all over again.

herewecome said:
2. Can I land in Quebec although I am just landing there and driving onto Ontario?
Yes, though they may ask you for evidence you won't be staying in QC.

herewecome said:
3. If no to number 2, can the Canadian land back as a perm resident with their belongings and I then flagpole at Ontario/NY a day or so later?
CBSA does not like you landing without your B4/B4A forms completed. You don't need the goods you just need the forms ("goods to follow"). Then you can bring your stuff in at a later date.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013

FlashG

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-19-2012 and July 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Note: Dependent had to be re-applied for in July 2013. Doc request on Sep-19-2013
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
DM1 Aug-28-2012/DM 1 Aug 21-2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2012, repeat X-rays requested April 30, 2013. Complete new Medical July 2013
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-22-2012 and second time on Sep 19-2013
VISA ISSUED...
May-29-2013 Decision Made on e-cas (DM2), and second time on January 14, 2013 June 7, 2013 COPR received, June 10,2013 COPR Returned to VO for correction, June 23, 2013 COPR received back, no correction made. Second COPR received January 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed July 5, 2013 (Spouse); Flagpole Landing for Dependent on Mar 14, 2014 PR Card Received Aug 1, 2014
zmikers said:

Hi, Just be clear on what the guide says for what are to be ORIGINALS and what are to be COPIES. At this stage of application you do not send in your original passports, as far as I can tell. I could be wrong, if your Visa Office is somehow different, but you need to read that country specific guide thoroughly. :)

tylerfts

Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys, quick question:

I am a US citizen applying for my PR card outland. My wife (a Canadian citizen) has a 4 year old daughter (also a Canadian citizen). Do I need to include the daughter's passport info and fill out all the forms for her? I haven't adopted her yet, so I am a step-parent. It's all a bit confusing - I assume that the forms refer to children of the principal applicant, but it is also my understanding that I have to include my parents/siblings who are all adult-age and intend to remain in the US, so I'm unclear.

Thanks!

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just wondering if Delhi VO takes care of sending the passport (after DM and the visa) when the application process is done.
Or, Am I supposed to send a self addressed envelope along with the passport (planning to send it by courier) for the PPR?
As of now, it's just the passport and the AOR from the Delhi VO i'm planning to send.
Is there anything else recommended to be attached (I have already sent the PCC and the medicals)?
Please guide! Thanks for the time and assistance!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
tylerfts said:
Hey guys, quick question:

I am a US citizen applying for my PR card outland. My wife (a Canadian citizen) has a 4 year old daughter (also a Canadian citizen). Do I need to include the daughter's passport info and fill out all the forms for her? I haven't adopted her yet, so I am a step-parent. It's all a bit confusing - I assume that the forms refer to children of the principal applicant, but it is also my understanding that I have to include my parents/siblings who are all adult-age and intend to remain in the US, so I'm unclear.

Thanks!
The sponsor's forms, when asking for relatives, are for the sponsor's relatives only. The applicant's relatives are only for the applicant's relatives. Your spouse's daughter is not your relative so you do not include her in your forms.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
FlashG said:
Hi, Just be clear on what the guide says for what are to be ORIGINALS and what are to be COPIES. At this stage of application you do not send in your original passports, as far as I can tell. could be wrong, if your Visa Office is somehow different, but you need to read that country specific guide thoroughly.:)
Yes I realize we are not sending the original passport ;). Thank you for double checking and confirming with me though. The more help we give each other the better.