N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I recently contacted my MP to enquire on my behalf why it takes 3 months to process a 2 page sponsorship document. A ridiculous amount of time to wait considering you add on another 8 months to process the rest of the application in Manila. A year to sponsor a spouse is retarded.
Does political pressure help or hinder. I'm in a mood to raise a stink.
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I recently contacted my MP to enquire on my behalf why it takes 3 months to process a 2 page sponsorship document. A ridiculous amount of time to wait considering you add on another 8 months to process the rest of the application in Manila. A year to sponsor a spouse is retarded.
Does political pressure help or hinder. I'm in a mood to raise a stink.
Thanks
Sometimes the MP's can push your case if it is falling behind the normal timeline but I don't think they can magically change a 3 month processing time to anything shorter unless they push for your application to be processed first and everybody else at the back which would not be fair to everybody else. It is more a question of policy I think. How much staff they have processing these applications etc.

anna0828

Jul 11, 2012
i just received the confirmation letter saying that the processing of our papers has already been completed, anyone has an idea how long it takes before the local immigration office contacts applicants for the interview and payment of fees?

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Hi,

I need your help guys, I got married in Quebec this year submitted our application this May according to the website they got our application May 23, 2012 anyway my concern is in Quebec, you can't carry your husband's last night right away there's a process, passport I sent them was my single name, I'm just being possitive, and wondering if the CEM will asked me for my passport with my married name or the passport I have right now is fine (with my single last name) even if we are married does it make sense? my passport is still valid til 2015 is just fine.. Please I will be waiting for your response. Thank you

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Hello I hope someone can help me. My medicals is about to expire on July 26,2012 we have been waiting for 10 months and 1 week now. Last time we heard from our MP is that background checks passed, medicals are valid, and all fees are paid so basically were just waiting for an approval. My question is I have a daughter but she is no longer with me right she is with my ex and they live really far and getting her there would also risk my safety as I am not in good terms with my ex. Even if she is not accompanying does she need remedicals if ever our medicals expire. Or are we even qualified for the extension thingy? We emailed our embassy about it 3 weeks ago and we haven't had any response from them. What should we do?

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi friends! I need your input in our case.

My VO here in Manila asked for the RCMP clearance of my husband in Canada.Fingerprint was done and received the RCMP clearance after 10 working days.My sponsor was approved already last year to sponsor me and they only asked for the court order not the RCMP clearance..They just asked for it when it's forwarded here in Manila (after 9 months process) .Now on his clearance it says, CONDITIONAL AND ABSOLUTE DISCHARGES...I've read some info and even the RCMP site that these records should have been purged automatically after 3 yrs.The incident happened Aprl 2006...Will this affect my application?Is this the last stage?The VO told us for 12 months processing time and now we're almost 10 months..And it says on the letter to send the clearance as soon as possible. We will send this clearance as soon as possible but my husband has an appointment to a lawyer today coz we dont want to get any chances coz the waiting period is terrible! Do you guys have any experiences to share? Any input is very much appreciated!

Mrs Jarvis

Jul 10, 2012
GTWifey said:
According to your post the most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine.
My husband hasnt been called in for an interview (which I'm being told is good thing), but if he is, would you recommend that I attend? Will he be issued the visa right after the interview if it is successful? Our file in is Port of Spai
I have my passport appointment in trinidad on 19th of July, I got married on 6th of March 2012 to my wonderful husband I met online, we got married in Trinidad, and we are so much inlove! I can't wait to go live Canada with him! :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
mv709d said:
Hi,

I need your help guys, I got married in Quebec this year submitted our application this May according to the website they got our application May 23, 2012 anyway my concern is in Quebec, you can't carry your husband's last night right away there's a process, passport I sent them was my single name, I'm just being possitive, and wondering if the CEM will asked me for my passport with my married name or the passport I have right now is fine (with my single last name) even if we are married does it make sense? my passport is still valid til 2015 is just fine.. Please I will be waiting for your response. Thank you
In quebec you cannot take on your spouses name you must keep your maiden name for all legal and governmental documents such as your passport

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Marty11 said:
Yes, you can. I blacked out account numbers, not the amount of money. But since they work for the Government, if they really want to find something out, they will.
Account numbers are your private information, and, if you want to, you can black it out with no consequence. If they really want your account number, they have other means of finding it out, but they have to ask for your permission, according to the law, unless there is criminal activity involved. However it is your right to black it out.
Thanks for your answer! We'll consider doing that, then.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sterion75 said:
Hello,
I have PR as a FSW and would like to move to Canada soon however I now have a family and have been together long enough to satisfy the requirements

But what is the best way to go about sponsoring? Both go together to Canada the same day myself as PR and her/children on visitors visa/visa waiver and apply for inland/outland sponsorship? Obviously going to take a few months to do so as will need to find a job first. How long could they stay under that system?
Are they from a visa exempt country? If so, that makes it a bit more likely they will be admitted, but honestly, it is likely that you will have a problem getting them into the country precisely because what you describe is exactly what would make them inadmissible - they don't plan on leaving. If you have already started the application (it seems paying the fee often makes a big difference here) and can show that at the border, then it can make things easier.

Of course, you must be in country to sponsor them. You could return to Canada, initiate (outland) sponsorship and then have them come to visit, but it is always possible they will be denied entry into Canada (if so, they have the option of requesting a TRP in the "early admission" category, but that is stronger after you have been approved for sponsorship.)

I know that being apart from your family for months is not fun, but it gives you an opportunity to find employment and get settled before bringing them to Canada. Others on the forum may have further suggestions as well, as this isn't an uncommon situation.

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My latest ecas Update as a sponsored spouse is "MEDICAL RESULT HAVE BEEN RECEIVED"

is this an implication that our file was received by the VISA OFFICE already?

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
mv709d said:
Hi,

[/quote
I got married in 2010 and I renewed my passport in 2011 I still have not changed my last name as of yet.When my husband arrives in Canada I will change and that was on the advise of Passport Canada.

HELP2012

May 28, 2012
Hi there,

i really hope, someone can help me...my husband and i applied for spousal visa, my husband is divorced...sponsorship was granted but when the file arrived to the visa office we received a refusal letter almost 2 years of waiting stating that my husband was not divorced while we got married in SA? we have the right to appeal, but my question is how could CIC in Canada grant my husband right to sponsor and the visa office refuse based on my husband's situation? my husband was separated since 2006 they finalized the divorce early 2010 but the divorce certificate was not given until we were married?purely because his ex wife and her lawyer neglected it? what can we possibly do? any help will be much appreciated