+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Actually i have applied and the consultant made sure to apply for the OWP with PR application, not just for me for all their current couples who applied for spousal sponsorship. And None of us have received OWP btw let alone COPR i am hitting 5 months this week
I should have emphasized: cannot apply for OWP at same time as spousal sponsorship if applying online.

Reactions: YVR123

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
I should have emphasized: cannot apply for OWP at same time as spousal sponsorship if applying online.
I dont know how the Immi consultant did, mine is an online application and i have receipts from same day for fee paid for RFPR, Biometrics + OWP. infact the fee were paid about 3/4 days before the actual submission. I guess the Immi reps have their own portal idk. :/

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I dont know how the Immi consultant did, mine is an online application and i have receipts from same day for fee paid for RFPR, Biometrics + OWP. infact the fee were paid about 3/4 days before the actual submission. I guess the Immi reps have their own portal idk. :/
He can pay for the OWP, that is not evidence that the OWP application was submitted.

I dont' think there is a separate portal for consultants. You could ask him/her.

Reactions: Kiikii

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi there.My application was submitted in August,2019. I was in line for an interview. I had my interview on August 15th,2022.

Few days after the interview, i received email, with instructions to do medical again. But for me only. Whereas application involves my 9year old daughter as well.

Medical done and uploaded on 30th and acknowledged on 3rd September.

The latest activity on the new tracker shows that they sent me correspondence on 5th of September. Which i ,to date, havent received.

I am getting really worried. I have waited very long for this.

Please can someone guide. In the new tracker, copr number is available as well. And says decision made on client status tool.

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
There is a question troubling me. Do we get re medical tests and pre arrival, after an interview, if we are refused?

Hi

All is good, if u receive medical and prearrival , its a good sign and

CoPr updated on tracker is a step towards approval

U r good so far , don't need to worry

Reactions: armoured

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi

All is good, if u receive medical and prearrival , its a good sign and

CoPr updated on tracker is a step towards approval

U r good so far , don't need to worry
Thank you so much. You have no idea how much relief this gave me. Thank you so much for your time

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Consultant or not, we all apply using the same instructions. This is from IRCC website:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

In most cases, your spouse or partner will mail their permanent residence application. While we test a new online tool, some people will be chosen at random and have the option to apply online for permanent residence.

Once they receive their acknowledgement of receipt letter, they can apply for an open work permit. They must apply for the work permit online.

Reactions: Kiikii

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
i guys , how usually long does Medical and Biomatric requests to get after AOR?
Im planning to short travel and dont want to delay the process.
Mine is,
Paper based outland,
Application - jul 19,2022
AOR - sep 16, 2022.
TIA.

cwz

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
guys,

A good news that i would like to share group.,
Just got an email today my SA has approved and moved to visa office singapore.
Application - jul 19,2022
AOR - sep 16, 2022
SA - sep 20, 2022

So whats next and anyone has experiences and knowledge of canadian embassy in singapore visa office provessing?

Please and thanks and good luck you all!

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi All,
My wife is about to land for the first time in Canada this weekend as a permanent resident. I wanted to know how to apply for the PR card, what the procedure is. Will she get it automatically after she lands? If not, where and how to apply for it.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
Hi All,

I am on PR and plan to get married later this year in my home country, I plan to fill in all the details in the online form now and will submit once I get married and get the Marriage Registration certificate.

- Can I submit the application from home country and wait outside Canada till the application processing is complete?