Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
I came to know that due to this PAFSO strike all embassies are working to their minimum level. It means, only the local staff from that country is working and are just issuing some requests type of letters to applicants but, IN ALL EMBASSIES MOSTLY ALL OVER IN THE WORLD; THERE IS NO BODY WITH THE POWER TO ISSUE VISAS. As a result I from the last almost two months I did NOT see any good news for anybody over here.
If it is true and they are not planning to come back to work in the very Near Future then please tell me what should I do to get my wife here with me.
I am ready to do anything to bring them back to work or even to kill them if they don't.

hazamc said:
Please Very Kindly can anybody tell me if this strike is effecting us?

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/07/11/foreign-service-strike-could-continue-into-fall-union-rep/

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
hazamc said:
I came to know that due to this PAFSO strike all embassies are working to their minimum level. It means, only the local staff from that country is working and are just issuing some requests type of letters to applicants but, IN ALL EMBASSIES MOSTLY ALL OVER IN THE WORLD; THERE IS NO BODY WITH THE POWER TO ISSUE VISAS. As a result I from the last almost two months I did NOT see any good news for anybody over here.
If it is true and they are not planning to come back to work in the very Near Future then please tell me what should I do to get my wife here with me.
I am ready to do anything to bring them back to work or even to kill them if they don't.
There were lots of forum members that got issued visas in the last 2 months, so I don't think this is true. Some of them got it even faster than the estimated processing time.

hazamc

Mar 4, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 JUNE 2011 for wife
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
05 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 AUGUST 2011
Med's Done....
5 JUNE 2013 and 11 SEPTEMBER 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
Hi Thank You So Much for your reply and information :). Glad to know they are issuing some visas. But, I think it depends on the location. I know for sure that in CHC Islamabad all the local staff is fully working. But, I do not know, if there is anybody with the power to issue visas or not.......... Please can you tell me if CHC ISLAMABAD had issue ANY visa in the last Two Months?
Betina said:
There were lots of forum members that got issued visas in the last 2 months, so I don't think this is true. Some of them got it even faster than the estimated processing time.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
hazamc said:
Hi Thank You So Much for your reply and information :). Glad to know they are issuing some visas. But, I think it depends on the location. I know for sure that in CHC Islamabad all the local staff is fully working. But, I do not know, if there is anybody with the power to issue visas or not.......... Please can you tell me if CHC ISLAMABAD had issue ANY visa in the last Two Months?
I haven't been following what's happening in Islamabad, seeing that there's such a long waiting time and I only applied a few months ago.

So that's something you should ask in the Islamabad threads :)

hazamc

Mar 4, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 JUNE 2011 for wife
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
05 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 AUGUST 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
Betina said:
I haven't been following what's happening in Islamabad, seeing that there's such a long waiting time and I only applied a few months ago.

So that's something you should ask in the Islamabad threads :)
Once again thanks for your reply. It is really a mystery that what is going on in Islamabad because we have full local staff working over there but from the last almost 2 Months NO BODY on this forum have received any visa.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
hazamc said:
Once again thanks for your reply. It is really a mystery that what is going on in Islamabad because we have full local staff working over there but from the last almost 2 Months NO BODY on this forum have received any visa.
You're very welcome.

But I don't think the people on this forum are all the people that applied for visa in Islamabad. So the fact the nobody from the forum members got their visa doesn't mean that nobody got a visa from Islamabad.

hazamc

Mar 4, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 JUNE 2011 for wife
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
05 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 AUGUST 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
Betina said:
You're very welcome.

But I don't think the people on this forum are all the people that applied for visa in Islamabad. So the fact the nobody from the forum members got their visa doesn't mean that nobody got a visa from Islamabad.
Yea you might be right.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Lobzang said:
Hi everyone,
Im a complete newbie at all of this so I'm very thankful for all of the amazing information and help provided by this site. I am a Canadian citizen who is looking to start the process of sponsoring my husband from India. I'm not concerned about the medical or police checks, however the financial requirements have got me a little worried. I just recently graduated as an RN in June and went to India and got married in August. Im returning home this week and very sad to be leaving him behind :( When I get back home (montreal, Quebec) I'll begin the process of a job search. Should i wait to begin my application considering my financial situation is about to drastically change? Do you think they will take this fact into consideration?
One other concern is that I am currently living with my parents however they are not aware of the marriage as they would have absolutely been against the idea (understandably as parents worry and they have never met him). I met my husband last year while volunteering in India and we fell in love and maintained a long distance relationship. We decided to get married this summer with his family when I returned to visit him. My family are aware of our relationship but not the marriage. Will this be a problem when they are looking to confirm the legitimacy of our relationship? I have friends that are aware and support the marriage which can confirm its legitimacy.
Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.
First, there is no financial requirement. You need to be able to convince CIC that you won't require social assistance, but in doing so thy can consider both your own skills and abilities as well as those of your spouse/partner. So I wouldn't suggest waiting for you to find a job - if they are overly concerned, they will raise their concerns and by that time you will likely have a job.

Family being unaware of the relationship is a potential red flag, yes, but it is not a bar to sponsorship (I was sponsored, and my spouse's parents did not know we were in a relationship, let alone married, although they do now.) What's important is that you explain your situation fairly and accurately to the visa officer. It will be her or his decision on whether or not to call for an interview in your case. The fact the marriage is hidden from your parents makes it more likely that an officer might call an interview, but it doesn't guarantee one will be requested, either.

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hazamc said:
Maybe you should be asking your MP why Treasury Board is refusing to negotiate in good faith with PAFSO. I was just speaking with a friend of mine (a member of PAFSO in a smaller mission) and was told that PAFSO is attempting to obtain a ruling from the Labour Board that Treasury is acting in bad faith and from what I've read in the media it sure seems like this is the case.

This is also now the longest governmental labour action in Canadian history...

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
I need help from a senior member here please. My husband in Pakistan just received a letter stating that the lawyer who signed our Nikka to the registrar his licence had expired, we had witnesses male and female so what can we do now. After 3 years all is done and they discovered the lawyers licence was not valid Oh we need help please In Sha Allah

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
micmac101 said:
I need help from a senior member here please. My husband in Pakistan just received a letter stating that the lawyer who signed our Nikka to the registrar his licence had expired, we had witnesses male and female so what can we do now. After 3 years all is done and they discovered the lawyers licence was not valid Oh we need help please In Sha Allah
I think as long as you are still legally married according to Pakistani law, then you are fine. If in Pakistan, your marriage is not recognized because of this, then CIC will definitely have issues with this.

Just my guess.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
I was going to leave Canada and go to Pakistan on the 29 of Sept I maybe going sooner. What gets me is the Visa Officer said she believes this is a Genuine Marriage and said to my husband Welcome To New Brunswick I love New Brunswick and she said this twice. So do her words not count or what???? Just a good question I think as now he has Passed everything and they come up with this.............I think they are embarrassed as they took 3 years to process and now looking for excuses to cover the rears just my thought!!!!!!!

Lobzang

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2013
AOR Received.
30/12/2013
File Transfer...
08/01/2014
Med's Done....
19/09/2013 finalised 06/2014
Passport Req..
sept 2nd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP since August 2nd 2014
computergeek said:
First, there is no financial requirement. You need to be able to convince CIC that you won't require social assistance, but in doing so thy can consider both your own skills and abilities as well as those of your spouse/partner. So I wouldn't suggest waiting for you to find a job - if they are overly concerned, they will raise their concerns and by that time you will likely have a job.

Family being unaware of the relationship is a potential red flag, yes, but it is not a bar to sponsorship (I was sponsored, and my spouse's parents did not know we were in a relationship, let alone married, although they do now.) What's important is that you explain your situation fairly and accurately to the visa officer. It will be her or his decision on whether or not to call for an interview in your case. The fact the marriage is hidden from your parents makes it more likely that an officer might call an interview, but it doesn't guarantee one will be requested, either.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes i can see how that would raise a red flag. Hopefully it will be enough to explain that they are aware we are together and want to sponsor him to canada but not of our marriage d/t my italian background that places a huge importance on family and the big wedding. They would also be concerned since they have never met him. i have alot of other proof though with about 2000 photos of us this summer and last summer lol and phone calls daily plus skype daily for minimum 2 hours, facebook msgs, wechat and friends from all over the world who can vouch for us. His family is fully aware.
Thank you so much for your help

Lobzang

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2013
AOR Received.
30/12/2013
File Transfer...
08/01/2014
Med's Done....
19/09/2013 finalised 06/2014
Passport Req..
sept 2nd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP since August 2nd 2014
What an amazingly informative and supportive website this is. I am so thankful and blessed to have come across it in the beginning of my entire process. Thank you to all the ppl supporting each other and the senior members sharing their valuable knowledge and experience with others.This whole process can seem very intimidating and makes u feel hopeless at times. I feel like everything is so much clearer and straightforward now.
THANKS! :)

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
Lobzang said:
What an amazingly informative and supportive website this is. I am so thankful and blessed to have come across it in the beginning of my entire process. Thank you to all the ppl supporting each other and the senior members sharing their valuable knowledge and experience with others.This whole process can seem very intimidating and makes u feel hopeless at times. I feel like everything is so much clearer and straightforward now.
THANKS! :)
I feel the same way. I was so insecure before, now I know my application was pretty straight forward thanks to this forum and the very helpful members. I'll be thankful forever. God bless all of you.