Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
I think u have to be in Canada to submit your sponsor papers and after that you can go to Libya and wait..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If it's an outland application, and the sponsor is a Canadian citizen, the application can be submitted from anywhere. You do not have to set foot in Canada until the principle applicant actually lands.

ramanjagde

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Hi All,

I have updated the timeline below

Visa Office......: New Delhi
App. Filed.......: October 2012
Sponsorship approval Received.: Jan 2013
File Transfer...: Jan 2013
Passport request : Still Waiting
VISA issues : Waiting

Can anyone update me how should i proceed with this.
And What is GCMS notes ? Can I contact NDVO directly on phone to know teh status of my application.
I have sent them emails but they havent replied back.

sabrina907

May 29, 2013
Hello friends!

I wonder if someone can guide me here.

I got a call for interview on 8th May 2013 and the interview went absolutely fine. The Interview Officer advised me that he is 100% satisfied with the relationship and he approves the application. Although at that point in time he didn't keep my passport and informed that security/background check will follow and then I will get an email from them later to bring the passport.

I applied from London office in Sep 2012, however I hold a Pakistani passport and I am in London for studies from last 2 years on student visa. My Husband is in Canada (obviously). I understand that they might have to get security/background checks from London as well as my home country.

I was wondering if someone can tell me how long would that take in my situation??

Thanks in advance if you can reply and help Smiley

Sabrina

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again how does this work.. If I quit my job to go to Libya and apply for him t come back to Canada with me Ho can I be a sponser if im Unemployed ???? Im confused :-[

sabrina907

May 29, 2013
LibyaLove2012

I would suggest, no matter what do not leave your job. Coz CIC needs gurantee that you would be able to support your partner. And if you dont have a job, your partner cant work straight away, how are you gonna support your living in Canada??

Stay in Canada and apply for your partner form there. It will be a speedy process that way rather then you going to Libya and applying from there. Because your papers will go to Canada first no matter where you apply from. What you can do is to goto Libya on holidays after 3 months of application and goto Canadian embassy in Libya with your wife and request them that as you are here you would like to take her with you back. Even if they do not approve it straight away, they will certainly speed up the process.

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Read on here that I can apply from outside if I have letters from family and friends stating we have a place to stay and support till we find housing and jobs etc....Would this be slower then applying from here to have him join me in Canada ???

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ramanjagde said:
Hi All,

I have updated the timeline below

Visa Office......: New Delhi
App. Filed.......: October 2012
Sponsorship approval Received.: Jan 2013
File Transfer...: Jan 2013
Passport request : Still Waiting
VISA issues : Waiting

Can anyone update me how should i proceed with this.
And What is GCMS notes ? Can I contact NDVO directly on phone to know teh status of my application.
I have sent them emails but they havent replied back.
If they haven't done your PPR yet, they haven't opened your file yet.

sabrina907

May 29, 2013
LibyaLove2012 said:
I Read on here that I can apply from outside if I have letters from family and friends stating we have a place to stay and support till we find housing and jobs etc....Would this be slower then applying from here to have him join me in Canada ???
I am not scaring you, but yes that will be definitely very slower than having your own job and applying from Canada.
Coz if you show other family members and friends are supporting you, they will have more and more concerns.... for example: Why are they willing to support you? How long have they know you for? How many people are already dependant on them? What do they for a living? Prove. What is their gross annual income? Prove.

Coz at the end of the day CIC don't want you to be dependant on the Canadian gov for support. SO it becomes very necessary to show them that you can support yourselves.

Having a job and applying from Canada will definitely increase the processing times.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
I am trying ti find some info about the criminal record check, but I still cannot figure out if the criminal record check from RCMP is actually sent to the me or the office that I select, cpp-ottawa? Also what happens if medicals or criminal check make it to the office before the application? Are they kept there or just thrown away if they cant be matched with an application?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ortom said:
I am trying ti find some info about the criminal record check, but I still cannot figure out if the criminal record check from RCMP is actually sent to the me or the office that I select, cpp-ottawa? Also what happens if medicals or criminal check make it to the office before the application? Are they kept there or just thrown away if they cant be matched with an application?
They will hold on to medicals sent early. I had mine done 3 months before I sent in my application (issues with my fingerprints) and they got matched up just fine.

You don't get a RCMP check. CIC will get that on their own. They will contact you during processing if they want you to get one.

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is all so very confusing ...... I really don't want to get married then have to leave him behind!!!! Suppose to be the start of our life together not apart :( But I do need the fastest way to get him here .. But I also want to Go there, if I apply from Canada to have him join me Im still looking at close to 2 years for him to get approved , And maybe have to deal with an appeal too ... DAMN WHY IS THIS ALL SO DIFFICULT?????

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Thanks amikity. Also i only need criminal record check from canada, should i explain to them that i entered canada 3 weeks after turning 18, or will they be smart enough to figure this out on their own?
amikety said:
They will hold on to medicals sent early. I had mine done 3 months before I sent in my application (issues with my fingerprints) and they got matched up just fine.

You don't get a RCMP check. CIC will get that on their own. They will contact you during processing if they want you to get one.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Your husband is in libya now right?
the only kind of application you can do is outland, u can either stay in canada and apply outland or you can go there and again apply outland, however u will have to prove that u plan to go back to canada when your spouse lands and that u can support him (pre-arranged employment or job offer or family supporting you etc) if you apply while in canada you will have the same timeline, unless your spouse comes here, which is when you can choose in land or outland.
So to sum it up, whether you quit your job in canada or not, you will still have to apply outland (at the office responsible for libya).
LibyaLove2012 said:
This is all so very confusing ...... I really don't want to get married then have to leave him behind!!!! Suppose to be the start of our life together not apart :( But I do need the fastest way to get him here .. But I also want to Go there, if I apply from Canada to have him join me Im still looking at close to 2 years for him to get approved , And maybe have to deal with an appeal too ... DAMN WHY IS THIS ALL SO DIFFICULT?????

pad980

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-10-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2012 AIP
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
21-06-2013
I checked my husbands application online (in land application) and this is what it said.

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 6, 2011.
We started processing your application on August 30, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. "

There was no mention of a letter being sent to us or anything.
Is there anyone else in this situation?
Does anyone know how long the wait is now and what happends next?

Thank you