bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
so i need some help.

my husband (from trinidad) has 2 kids with his ex girlfriend. so we did their medicals and then when came time to do their passports she said no. (even though they are not coming with him right now) so should i or my husband write some kind of letter stating that his ex would not give permission to get their passports at this time therefore that is why that information is not included on the sponsorship forms?she just said no for now because they are still small (5 and 3) and i think she believes we would not bring them back, which is on true.

i would like to send of the papers by next week but if this is going to be something that holds up the process then i want to make sure that i take care of it now

any advice would be great

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they are not coming, they don't need passports. The important thing is that they did the medicals which leaves the door open to sponsor them later if they want to.

alo said:
so i need some help.

my husband (from trinidad) has 2 kids with his ex girlfriend. so we did their medicals and then when came time to do their passports she said no. (even though they are not coming with him right now) so should i or my husband write some kind of letter stating that his ex would not give permission to get their passports at this time therefore that is why that information is not included on the sponsorship forms?she just said no for now because they are still small (5 and 3) and i think she believes we would not bring them back, which is on true.

i would like to send of the papers by next week but if this is going to be something that holds up the process then i want to make sure that i take care of it now

any advice would be great

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Leon said:
If they got and registered your new medicals, they should use those dates. If they did not, they may use the old dates.

As long as you have time to land, you can not count on them to extend but in cases where it happens that your visa is already expired by the time you get the passport, that is obviously a mistake and would be corrected. I have heard of 2 such cases.

Also heard of a case of a guy who got his visa with only 4 days to land and he had to travel to another country first with his wife's passport to give to her. He did not take the chance to ask to extend but spent the money instead on a quick flight for himself to his wife's homeland and for both of them to Canada and they made it before expiry.
I have another Q: Is it possible for him to land by the expiry date on the visa & after 1 day or 2 days or 1 week (you get the point) return to India (without PR card) then have our relative get on a flight in Toronto bring PR card to us (we would be afraid to have it mailed to us) after PR card finishes processing so that he can re-enter canada. I heard it takes 7 weeks for PR card to be delivered to address in canada and they only start processing it after you land. Would IMM officers at the airport like what Im proposing overall? Or do they want you to stay in canada during PR card processing before leaving? Thanks

alo

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011
AOR Received.
16/006/2001
File Transfer...
17-05-2011
Med's Done....
Feb 2011
Interview........
bipassed
Passport Req..
08/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
Jan 2012
no they are non accompanying. they were always going to be that for now. i have been hearing conflicting things saying that if we didnt put their passport and we wrote a letter that we would never be able to apply for them...ever. so that is why i want to know what to do for sure before i send off the paperwork and then it postpones the process. and i have been trying to call cic and it is impossible to get through to them

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missinghim said:
I have another Q: Is it possible for him to land by the expiry date on the visa & after 1 day or 2 days or 1 week (you get the point) return to India (without PR card) then have our relative get on a flight in Toronto bring PR card to us (we would be afraid to have it mailed to us) after PR card finishes processing so that he can re-enter canada. I heard it takes 7 weeks for PR card to be delivered to address in canada and they only start processing it after you land. Would IMM officers at the airport like what Im proposing overall? Or do they want you to stay in canada during PR card processing before leaving? Thanks
He can leave before receiving the PR card.
Your friend could deliver the card to you as you wish.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missinghim said:
He can land and go back right away without the PR card. If he tells the IO upon landing that he is not going to be in Canada when the PR card arrives, they may refuse to take the address of his relatives and tell him to give an address later when he is in Canada to stay. If that happens, he can go back without the PR card and when he is ready to go to Canada for good, he can apply for a travel document at the embassy to get back.

If the IO doesn't ask if he will be at that address or doesn't have a problem with his plan, then there is no problem to get the PR card send to the relatives.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alo said:
no they are non accompanying. they were always going to be that for now. i have been hearing conflicting things saying that if we didnt put their passport and we wrote a letter that we would never be able to apply for them...ever. so that is why i want to know what to do for sure before i send off the paperwork and then it postpones the process. and i have been trying to call cic and it is impossible to get through to them
The main thing is not the passport, it's the medicals. If they do not have medicals, it would be a big hassle. He would have to prove that he was unable to do the medicals and sign a sworn statement that he can never sponsor them just in order to get his own immigration but not having passports is fine.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
Hi Leon,
I have contacted you earlier for advice on my case and now i need more :) i received a letter from CHC-islamabad that your sponsor may not have fulfilled the requirements after 16 months into my case. i am attaching the details of my case please tell me should i get a lawyer or can you give me some advice
Dates and details of correspondence with Canadian High Commission:

Papers sent to Case processing center Mississauga for sponsor ship approval on 15/Sept/2009

Letter received from CPC-Mississauga on 12/Oct/2009 stating that the sponsor is eligible for applying

Letter of acknowledgment sent from Canadian High commission- Islamabad on 4/Nov/2009 to the client stating the file number and directing to complete the attached supplementary information form ( which was not attached with the letter) and send some more pictures showing the wedding ceremony ( especially the Nikah and valima ).

On 11/Nov/2009 sent them the documents and photos and a letter stating that no supplementary information form was attached with the letter ( This was received by Ms. Sofia)

On 15/July/2010 CHC-Islamabad sent a letter directing to complete the included supplementary information form and provide them with updated police certificates from the districts that I have lived in more than 6 months after 18th birthday.

On 12/Aug/2010, I mailed off the above mentioned documents to CHC-Islamabad

On 23/Sept/2010, voluntarily mailed them a copy of my renewed Pakistani passport.( Received by Mr. Samoon)

On 10/March/2011, received a letter from CHC-Islamabad ( which was dated 3/March/2011), stating that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada since you sponsor has not fulfilled the requirements put upon him by the Section 130 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules. And gave us 45 days to comply.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For your information - Section 130 is here:

Sponsor

130. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
(a) is at least 18 years of age;
(b) resides in Canada; and
(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.
Sponsor not residing in Canada

(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection (1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaimaa said:
Hi Leon,
I have contacted you earlier for advice on my case and now i need more :) i received a letter from CHC-islamabad that your sponsor may not have fulfilled the requirements after 16 months into my case. i am attaching the details of my case please tell me should i get a lawyer or can you give me some advice
Dates and details of correspondence with Canadian High Commission:

Papers sent to Case processing center Mississauga for sponsor ship approval on 15/Sept/2009

Letter received from CPC-Mississauga on 12/Oct/2009 stating that the sponsor is eligible for applying

Letter of acknowledgment sent from Canadian High commission- Islamabad on 4/Nov/2009 to the client stating the file number and directing to complete the attached supplementary information form ( which was not attached with the letter) and send some more pictures showing the wedding ceremony ( especially the Nikah and valima ).

On 11/Nov/2009 sent them the documents and photos and a letter stating that no supplementary information form was attached with the letter ( This was received by Ms. Sofia)

On 15/July/2010 CHC-Islamabad sent a letter directing to complete the included supplementary information form and provide them with updated police certificates from the districts that I have lived in more than 6 months after 18th birthday.

On 12/Aug/2010, I mailed off the above mentioned documents to CHC-Islamabad

On 23/Sept/2010, voluntarily mailed them a copy of my renewed Pakistani passport.( Received by Mr. Samoon)

On 10/March/2011, received a letter from CHC-Islamabad ( which was dated 3/March/2011), stating that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada since you sponsor has not fulfilled the requirements put upon him by the Section 130 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules. And gave us 45 days to comply.
Looks like they don't think he is living in Canada. You have 45 days to provide proof that this is not the case.

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Leon said:
He can land and go back right away without the PR card. If he tells the IO upon landing that he is not going to be in Canada when the PR card arrives, they may refuse to take the address of his relatives and tell him to give an address later when he is in Canada to stay. If that happens, he can go back without the PR card and when he is ready to go to Canada for good, he can apply for a travel document at the embassy to get back.

If the IO doesn't ask if he will be at that address or doesn't have a problem with his plan, then there is no problem to get the PR card send to the relatives.
We dont want to give the IO upon landing our relative/friend address. My husband is going to give the IO upon landing our permanent home address in Canada (where Ive been living, where we'll both live after he lands) & we want the PR card to be mailed to this home address in Canada too. My relative/friend can go by our house in Canada and pick up the mail at our house and bring him his PR card on a flight...Would this be ok?

Would the IO upon landing be ok with him leaving early before he receives his PR card to wrap important matters up? Is it ok for us to say that a relative/friend or even myself will be bringing his PR card to him on a flight later??
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can only repeat my prior answer. The IO may decide not to send the PR card upon hearing that he will not be there to receive it. That is up to the IO. There are many people who give an address of a friend or relative or whatever and do not discuss with the IO at all if they will be there and in such a scenario, their PR card will be sent to that address where the relatives can bring it, mail it or have it sent by courier.

dege

Oct 13, 2010
hello i just have a simple question to ask about the work history portion of the application..(sponsor) i am currently working a full time position at my fathers restaurant and i have been here for years. but i took a break about 4 years back and worked at a bank for 3 months. is it necessary to include the bank in the application? cuz i dont even remember the dates all i know is i was done in oct of 07.. thanks in advance for any help :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dege said:
hello i just have a simple question to ask about the work history portion of the application..(sponsor) i am currently working a full time position at my fathers restaurant and i have been here for years. but i took a break about 4 years back and worked at a bank for 3 months. is it necessary to include the bank in the application? cuz i dont even remember the dates all i know is i was done in oct of 07.. thanks in advance for any help :)
You should include the information.
If you do not it is misrepresentation.

boxsterspeed3

Sep 5, 2010
hello everyone! I hope you can help me to clear some notions regarding on how will I sponsor my girlfriend to come with me to Canada if I am already there..

Currently, my mother is sponsoring me and my father under the Care-giver live-in Program..We are almost in the last stage of the processing..We're waiting for our visas to be issued..

My family promised me to help me to sponsor my girlfriend when I get there..They said that it will take 6 months before I can get her and I must marry her here in the Philippines..

I would like to ask you guys if you have any idea on how the processing goes in this kind of sponsorship and if possible, you can give me a time line of processing..

Also, is there a minimum time of staying there in Canada before I'll go back to here in the Philippines to marry my gf?

How can I prove to embassy that I can sponsor my girlfriend?is there a minimum salary to be achieved?

thank you very much!