Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
tink23 said:
I was the sponsor and a similar happened to me. My birth certificate had my middle name, my passport had my middle initial, and my marriage certificate didn't have anything. All I did was write out my full middle name (because instructions said don't put initials and my passport had an initial) and wrote an explanation on why I put my full middle name and not just the initial that is on my passport. I included my birth certificate so they could see that it is actually my middle name. There wasn't any issue at all. My husband's visa was approved in 3months and 3 days from when received by Mississauga. If u include that, there is no need. to go and changed your name on your documents.
tink23, but I don't even have my middle initial on my passport. Is it safe to exclude my middle name from all the documents? I am worried about consistency. The sponsored applicant/my husband did not include my middle name where he had to indicate me as his spouse. What did you do on the sponsored applicant's form?

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
I had the exact same problem as you. Someone who processed my passport last forgot to include my middle names.

I put my first and last name on my passport in the question as asked, and then under "aliases" I put my middle names. I attached a sheet of paper explaining the problem, that my birth certificate and most of my other documents show my middle name but due to an administrative mistake they are not on my passport. I was approved as a sponsor perfectly fine.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
chipits said:
I had the exact same problem as you. Someone who processed my passport last forgot to include my middle names.

I put my first and last name on my passport in the question as asked, and then under "aliases" I put my middle names. I attached a sheet of paper explaining the problem, that my birth certificate and most of my other documents show my middle name but due to an administrative mistake they are not on my passport. I was approved as a sponsor perfectly fine.
"Phew" okay so I will do that. Include my middle name under aliases and just explain that my name was excluded in error on my passport therefore I did not include it in my first name. I go paranoid over all little things lolz

Thank you Tink23, CanadianJeepguy and Chipits.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
noshi11 said:
tink23, but I don't even have my middle initial on my passport. Is it safe to exclude my middle name from all the documents? I am worried about consistency. The sponsored applicant/my husband did not include my middle name where he had to indicate me as his spouse. What did you do on the sponsored applicant's form?
My middle name was included everywhere. If your passport doesn't have your middle name or middle initial then don't write it in that spot because they ask for your name as it is in your passport.

I would do as chipits did and just write your middle name in the alias spot, and then u can back it up with your citizenship card and whatever other documents you have.

As the sponsor, it's really not as big of a deal as it is for the applicant. Whatever u choose to do, write an explanation for as to why and it should be fine, but your best bet is going with what is written in your passport because that's what it asks for in the guide.

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Can someone tell me how to add my timeline /info under my scrren name?

Yaak

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Salt Spring Island, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA 01-08-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Polgas said:
Wow what a blast! *talking about your approval* :p ;D :D
Visa approval only 3 months and 3 days after application receipt is indeed good news. For me, though, it raises one of my biggest concerns with the application process and, after months of lurking, prompts my first post here on this immensely helpful forum.

I am a US citizen; my common law partner is a Canadian citizen. We reside in the US and are planning to retire to Canada in about two years time with her sponsoring my PR application. When working the PR application into the larger planning timetable with retirement dates, Canadian home purchase, and the like, we have assumed a 12 month approval time for an outland application. While I am familiar with the generous requirement that a new PR spend a minimum of (only) two years out of the first five in Canada, we really don't want to cut things too close. (We love to travel internationally and know it will take some time to tidy up our affairs south of the border).

What is the risk that our application might come back approved in 3 months instead of 12? Assuming that we submit a complete and thorough application package, are there specific factors that are known to speed up the process, or is it simply a matter of time in the queue? Thank you.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Yaak said:
Visa approval only 3 months and 3 days after application receipt is indeed good news. For me, though, it raises one of my biggest concerns with the application process and, after months of lurking, prompts my first post here on this immensely helpful forum.

I am a US citizen; my common law partner is a Canadian citizen. We reside in the US and are planning to retire to Canada in about two years time with her sponsoring my PR application. When working the PR application into the larger planning timetable with retirement dates, Canadian home purchase, and the like, we have assumed a 12 month approval time for an outland application. While I am familiar with the generous requirement that a new PR spend a minimum of (only) two years out of the first five in Canada, we really don't want to cut things too close. (We love to travel internationally and know it will take some time to tidy up our affairs south of the border).

What is the risk that our application might come back approved in 3 months instead of 12? Assuming that we submit a complete and thorough application package, are there specific factors that are known to speed up the process, or is it simply a matter of time in the queue? Thank you.
It's a difficult question to answer! as CIC is quite unpredictable. But if you submit a thorough and complete application package, indeed that will speed up the process. For US citizen it's a bit difficult to have a more precise idea, as with the closing of Buffalo office and files being handled in Ottawa, it is a bit unclear how long US files take for now... quite a few are done in less than 5/6 months now. Also - it really depends on the first stage. For example, when I applied, first stage took 3 months, or more. Now, if you look at November and December applicants, some people have gotten their sponsorship approval in 10 days! quite a big difference... there are several factors. 3 months seems to be the exception though, and I think for the "uncomplicated" cases, and with a thorough application, 6 to 7 months would be more likely for US citizen. But - you never know!

Good luck,
Sweden

Yaak

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Salt Spring Island, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA 01-08-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
It's a difficult question to answer! as CIC is quite unpredictable. But if you submit a thorough and complete application package, indeed that will speed up the process. For US citizen it's a bit difficult to have a more precise idea, as with the closing of Buffalo office and files being handled in Ottawa, it is a bit unclear how long US files take for now... quite a few are done in less than 5/6 months now. Also - it really depends on the first stage. For example, when I applied, first stage took 3 months, or more. Now, if you look at November and December applicants, some people have gotten their sponsorship approval in 10 days! quite a big difference... there are several factors. 3 months seems to be the exception though, and I think for the "uncomplicated" cases, and with a thorough application, 6 to 7 months would be more likely for US citizen. But - you never know!

Good luck,
Sweden

Thank you, Sweden. We think we have a pretty "uncomplicated" application in the works. I'm trying to balance our enthusiasm for getting the application submitted with the reality that it will be two years anyway before we are able to move permanently to Canada (as much as we might want to be living there today).

BethV

Jan 2, 2013
I am a new member just starting my application for Perm Residency with Spousal Sponsorship. I am still deciding on if I should apply inside or outside Canada and would appreciate any advice.

Here are my details in a nutshell

Me:American Citizen currently living in Canada
Me:previous student visa in Canada for MSc 3 yrs, currently on Post Grad Work visa until July 2013. I don't qualify for immigration as a Experienced class working because it's been more than 1 year since employment in Canada.
Spouse:Canadian Resident
Relationship:Married 2 months, common-law for 2 years, in relationship for 3 years total

Inside Canada?
If I apply inside Canada I can't leave Canada and that's a problem. This allows me to maintain my PGW Visa and work if I need to until July 2013. However, I need to be able to leave Canada for a family wedding in Feb 2013 in the States and possibly to Australia in 2013 but don't need to work in Canada.

Outside Canada?If I apply outside Canada, I am worried I will viollate the rules because I am actually living in Canada full time (more than the 6 month visitor time limit). This also means I can't work in Canada.Can you really "visit" Canada just by driving and staying in Seattle for a weekend every 4-5 months? I've read the outside Canada application is faster processing and allows appeals, so that would be my choice as long as I can still "live" or "mostly live" in Canada.

Thanks again in advance for your time.

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
Sweden said:

Good luck,
Sweden
Exactly! ;D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BethV said:
I am a new member just starting my application for Perm Residency with Spousal Sponsorship. I am still deciding on if I should apply inside or outside Canada and would appreciate any advice.

CIC is geographically challenged as an organization - they consider Ottawa (the office that processes most US applications) as being outside Canada for example.

Inland: you may only apply for "spouse in Canada" class if you are resident in Canada living with your spouse. It doesn't mean you can't leave Canada, but if you are refuse re-entry it creates additional complications since you cannot land unless you are inside Canada for this class. The application is processed inside Canada.

Outland: you may be anywhere in the world if you apply outland. The application starts in Mississauga (sponsor review) and is then transferred to a visa office outside Canada - in your case, that would be Ottawa.

In either case, you are not likely to have any issues leaving Canada for weddings in February since you have legal status in Canada through the summer.

If you wish to keep working and you are close to getting your COPR there is a trick you can play: the day before your work permit expires, apply for an extension of your work permit. Pick the slowest process, just make sure CIC receives the application before it expires. Then, while they are deciding on your work permit, you get your COPR and land. By the time they get to your application you are no longer eligible to receive a work permit (since you are no longer a foreign national) and they refund your application fee.

I ended up falling into this - got my refund last month for the work permit application fee.

Good luck!

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello everyone! Happy new year! :)

I just received an email today from manila embassy stating the following:

A file has been created with the application number noted above. Please ensure that you quote this application number in any future correspondence with our office.

At the end of this document is a request for additional documentation required within 45 days.

IMPORTANT:

Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

•Fully Completed Appendix A

•Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) issued within the last six months, with thumbprint and dry seal affixed. Please send us the original copy. "Personal Copy" is not accepted. DO NOT FAX YOUR NBI CLEARANCE.

•Original NSO (National Statistics Office) birth certificate for yourself. (IF BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS LATE-REGISTERED, original baptismal certificate and/or other original documents establishing identity (old school records, voter ID, etc) MUST also be submitted)

•Original NSO Advisory on Marriages for yourself

•Proof of continuous communication such as internet chats, emails, phone bills reflecting calls made to each other, tec.

•Original Passport

To ensure timely processing and facilitate your travel, we strongly recommend that you submit the new red-coloured passports currently being issued by the Philippines authorities as they are in compliance with the machine-readable passport Requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organization.

Is this a PPR already? Your respons is very much appreciated! :) Thanks!

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
My spouse's PR application is in process in NewDelhi visa office. The passport is with them for almost 3 months now and we are not sure how long it will take further to get the visa stamped. In the meantime, he got an internal transfer via his company and has been asked to join fronm7th jan. Is there a way in which my spouse can either ask NewDelhi office to fasten the process or any alternative solution whereby spouse can get the work visa??? pl. advice on the alternatives spouse can act upon...

Thanks
Vee