Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Form IMM 1344 Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking.
-the very first question when asked if your ineligible to sponsor do you wish to withdraw and take money back less $75, or proceed and get no money back.

Ummm if your ineligible to sponsor why would you bother to go ahead with the application still? Seems silly to me...

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
noshi11 said:
Please someone help clarify this for me.

My husband/Applicant is currently living in London but is a Pakistani National. We will be sending our application to the London office. Do we follow the checklist for the London Office or the Islamabad Office? We have been following the London office checklist but now we am worried we might have followed the wrong guide.
If your husband has been legally admitted to England for at least a year and you're applying through London, use the London checklist.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CANUSA31 said:
Ummm if your ineligible to sponsor why would you bother to go ahead with the application still? Seems silly to me...
Because you cannot challenge/appeal a refusal if you withdraw the application.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
ook I see! But if I'm applying in canada I can't appeal any ways right?

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
chipits said:
If your husband has been legally admitted to England for at least a year and you're applying through London, use the London checklist.
Yes he has been living in London from the past 3 years... Thank you!

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi Leon! Thanks for the link... So the OWP application that i will submit along with the PR application won't jeopardize my PR application itself? I hope its not. Hehe

and another question that just popped up in my mind, So the condition is i have not submit the application just yet cause i'm still in my home country. Planning to land in Feb 2013 on TRV. So, what i want to ask is altough i have a multiple entry on my TRV for a year, then when i landed in canada the border officer stamp my passport i only got few months lets say for like 1-3months , then what should i do? Cause i think within those time given by the border officer i don't have the time to submit the application within the time since i'm going to get married there, probably will be busy for the marriage preparation. Any advices?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Form IMM0008 Generic Application Form for Canada.

Question 4 at the top of first page:
-Immigration office requested for the processing of your application?
-We're applying in Canada, so I would guess it's Vegreville,AB I believe? OR what would be the answer to this one? Principal Applicant is from the United States, Portland, Oregon.

And under the same form where it talks about Dependant's, if it's just the principal applicant applying for a permanent residency she doesn't need to include her brother or mother who never plan to come to canada to live does she?

Thanks =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CANUSA31 said:
Form IMM0008 Generic Application Form for Canada.

Question 4 at the top of first page:
-Immigration office requested for the processing of your application?
-We're applying in Canada, so I would guess it's Vegreville,AB I believe? OR what would be the answer to this one? Principal Applicant is from the United States, Portland, Oregon.

And under the same form where it talks about Dependant's, if it's just the principal applicant applying for a permanent residency she doesn't need to include her brother or mother who never plan to come to canada to live does she?

Thanks =)
If you're applying inland, then indeed it's vegreville no matter where the applicant is from.
Dependent in that form is people that are being sponsored - brother and mother are not dependent, they are family members.
Good luck,
Sweden

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Sweden said:
If you're applying inland, then indeed it's vegreville no matter where the applicant is from.
Dependent in that form is people that are being sponsored - brother and mother are not dependent, they are family members.
Good luck,
Sweden
Dear Sweden,

regarding to your explanation, i have one question, there is a form called Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) its explained in the Guidelines "Must be completed by the sponsor’s spouse or common‑law partner and his or her dependants aged 18 and over who are in Canada* " , since i don't have family and dependants who are in Canada or any family members/dependants that get into the PR application , should i still fill this form or not ?

If yes, should they take a medical exam too although they in my home country?

ps : i'm plan to apply inland

thanks in advance to your response.

Colibri23

Dec 22, 2012
Hi there, hoping for some advice. My understanding is that I can qualify to sponsor my fiance but I am unsure whether to apply as common law or conjugal, as we are skating the line between the two. Lots of detail below.

I am a canadian woman of 35 in a relationship with a Mexican national. We have a 1.5 year old daughter, and have been dating since we met in June of 2010. I am separated but not divorced from an ex husband (whom I married in 2006 in Iceland and refuses to divorce as he says it is unnecessary since it was never registered in Canada) and we are not in contact. Marriage for me is not an option right now, unless I'm willing to risk marriage fraud, I don't want to pay a lawyer for advice unless it will help our case immensely.
My current fiancé has never been married and has no previous children. He is a working stiff, poor, and has a strong work history, no criminal record and about 10,000 of debt in his home country, for home improvements and a car, and should be able to pay off half or more of that before coming to Canada. He is a fine dining/4 star resort waiter trained in restaurant management and is working toward his sommelier ticket. Great work ethic, can do basic carpentry and masonry and is great with kids. He has lived in Cabo for the past 14 years.

I have no debt(except for a private mortgage tied up in a house flip that is near conclusion and a small credit card balance that should be paid off within 6 weeks), a poor work history, have worked primarily as a youth worker, cook and florist and had a struggling small business venture that has been on hiatus since March of 2010. I am a musician/artist who saves $$, so I can work on art full time periodically, and have never held a job more than a year, except for my flower shop biz which lasted just over 3 yrs. I file taxes as a canadian resident/small business owner and receive $100 childcare subsidy and $300 child tax credit per month, as I am low income. I would like to return to entrepreneurship and post secondary school, but am questioning the wisdom of doing so before my partner's PR card arrives. Without upgrading my skills I am not sure how I will support us, beyond slinging coffee and flowers! I am happy to do whatever is necessary of course, but I am thinking it would be best to nail that detail down before the application is processed so we will have solid answers should there be an interview or question regarding income.

I finished Maternity leave in April and spent nearly 8 months of 2012 in Mexico, returning to Canada in March for 10 weeks, August for 6.5 weeks, and December for 2 months or so. 18 weeks spent in Canada this year so far, planning on 4-6 more . I did maintain bank accounts, credit cards, and residential addresses in Canada during my visits to Mexico. I plan to return to Mexico for 4 months in February, returning mid May to find work and await my Fiancé. We are printing forms and filling the application now, and I moved into his house in mid November 2011.

EVIDENCE; We have email and facebook interactions since we met in 2010, skype transcripts, TONS of photos/videos, my airline tickets, his rejected visitor visa application, His name on my daughters birth certificate, mutual friends who support our union in both countries, and one joint bank account in Mexico. I am on his costco membership, and possibly one of the other box stores like cityclub or sams club.
My name is not on any of the bills, either is his, as his Mother takes care of all utilities and is on the title of the house, though he insists he owns half. She is willing to write letters stating that I have been living there with him, as are friends and family.

Do you think it is likely we can pass an application for common law sponsorship? SHOULD WE DO CONJUGAL INSTEAD? Should we try for another visitors visa? I'M SO NERVOUS!

Lilismael

Dec 16, 2012
My wife got visa yesterday at the Canadian Embassy in Lima, Peru. Total time since CPC-Mississauga received package: 49 days. Got back all photos and copies we presented of transcripts of Skype, Hotmail, phone calls, etc and of course passports of her and one dependant daughter with their visas on them. I arrived in Lima in the early morning of Dec. 24 to spend Christmas and three weeks of vacation with my wife and a few hours later she received the call from an official at the embassy telling her to show up Thu. Dec 27 at 11:00 am to pick up passports. I accompanied my wife to the embassy and waited for her outside around 30 minutes and when she came out with the good news we were so happy and surprised that visas were issued in less than two months.

Now we are celebrating and soon we have to start buying clothes for her for the canadian winter. ;)

Lilismael

Dec 16, 2012
Colibri23 said:
Hi there, hoping for some advice. My understanding is that I can qualify to sponsor my fiance but I am unsure whether to apply as common law or conjugal, as we are skating the line between the two. Lots of detail below.

I am a canadian woman of 35 in a relationship with a Mexican national. We have a 1.5 year old daughter, and have been dating since we met in June of 2010. I am separated but not divorced from an ex husband (whom I married in 2006 in Iceland and refuses to divorce as he says it is unnecessary since it was never registered in Canada) and we are not in contact. Marriage for me is not an option right now, unless I'm willing to risk marriage fraud, I don't want to pay a lawyer for advice unless it will help our case immensely.
My current fiancé has never been married and has no previous children. He is a working stiff, poor, and has a strong work history, no criminal record and about 10,000 of debt in his home country, for home improvements and a car, and should be able to pay off half or more of that before coming to Canada. He is a fine dining/4 star resort waiter trained in restaurant management and is working toward his sommelier ticket. Great work ethic, can do basic carpentry and masonry and is great with kids. He has lived in Cabo for the past 14 years.

I have no debt(except for a private mortgage tied up in a house flip that is near conclusion and a small credit card balance that should be paid off within 6 weeks), a poor work history, have worked primarily as a youth worker, cook and florist and had a struggling small business venture that has been on hiatus since March of 2010. I am a musician/artist who saves $$, so I can work on art full time periodically, and have never held a job more than a year, except for my flower shop biz which lasted just over 3 yrs. I file taxes as a canadian resident/small business owner and receive $100 childcare subsidy and $300 child tax credit per month, as I am low income. I would like to return to entrepreneurship and post secondary school, but am questioning the wisdom of doing so before my partner's PR card arrives. Without upgrading my skills I am not sure how I will support us, beyond slinging coffee and flowers! I am happy to do whatever is necessary of course, but I am thinking it would be best to nail that detail down before the application is processed so we will have solid answers should there be an interview or question regarding income.

I finished Maternity leave in April and spent nearly 8 months of 2012 in Mexico, returning to Canada in March for 10 weeks, August for 6.5 weeks, and December for 2 months or so. 18 weeks spent in Canada this year so far, planning on 4-6 more . I did maintain bank accounts, credit cards, and residential addresses in Canada during my visits to Mexico. I plan to return to Mexico for 4 months in February, returning mid May to find work and await my Fiancé. We are printing forms and filling the application now, and I moved into his house in mid November 2011.

EVIDENCE; We have email and facebook interactions since we met in 2010, skype transcripts, TONS of photos/videos, my airline tickets, his rejected visitor visa application, His name on my daughters birth certificate, mutual friends who support our union in both countries, and one joint bank account in Mexico. I am on his costco membership, and possibly one of the other box stores like cityclub or sams club.
My name is not on any of the bills, either is his, as his Mother takes care of all utilities and is on the title of the house, though he insists he owns half. She is willing to write letters stating that I have been living there with him, as are friends and family.

Do you think it is likely we can pass an application for common law sponsorship? SHOULD WE DO CONJUGAL INSTEAD? Should we try for another visitors visa? I'M SO NERVOUS!
I would not recommend conjugal partner sponsorship

From Citizen and Immigration Canada website: You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

•you have maintained a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you have been prevented from living together or marrying because of:
◦an immigration barrier
◦your marital status (for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible)

You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:
•You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
•You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Colibri23 said:
Do you think it is likely we can pass an application for common law sponsorship?
It's not a matter of what anyone here thinks. What matters is what CIC will think. So gather up whatever evidence you have, and submit it.

Colibri23 said:
SHOULD WE DO CONJUGAL INSTEAD? Should we try for another visitors visa? I'M SO NERVOUS!
If you don't get approved under a common law sponsorship, you'll be 20 times less likely to be approved under conjugal.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Colibri23 said:

I am not an expert but it seem that conjugal is your only choice. I believe that because while technically you can come and go into Mexico to visit with your partner, you cannot legally permently stay with him giving your current status with Mexican Immigration. While Mexico recognizes common law relationships for immigration purposes, it requires a 5 yr cohabitation (but less yrs if there are children born from the relationship - I don't know how many yrs less). You may want to consult an immigration lawyer in mexico first and get the facts right so you can explain that to CIC in your application. CIC may feel that such situation in Mexico may constitute a barrier for you to stay in mexico permanently with your partner and allow conjugal for you.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Form IMM5406 Additional Family Information:

Only the principal applicant fills this out correct? The person sponsoring doesn't need to..

Nevermind...I found it in another thread, and the people in that thread said only the principal applicant needs to fill it out. (the American coming to Canada in my case)