Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
frozenyogurt said:
hi guys just wondering if background check for the applicant happens before passport request? or is it after? thank you!
For most visa offices, it happens before PPR. NDVO seems to be an exception here (they tend to request passports early in the process).

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
computergeek said:
For most visa offices, it happens before PPR. NVDO seems to be an exception here (they tend to request passports early in the process).
Is that New Delhi Visa office? Thank you so much for your reply. :)

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
(Probably) last question, I promise!

On IMM008, I'm doing an outland app, but my husband is inside Canada. I have his residential address as Australia, and his mailing address as Canada.

On Question 10 though, Current Country of Residence, what should I answer? Australia, as a citizen, or Canada, as a visitor? I assume the former, but I'd love to have that confirmed!

Thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
frozenyogurt said:
Is that New Delhi Visa office? Thank you so much for your reply. :)
Ah yes, NDVO = "New Delhi Visa Office"

joshuacv

Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

I recently got married in Japan. I returned to Canada and my wife will return next week.

Our PR application is almost ready to go, but we have a few questions:

• She has 3 types of Tohon. Tohon before marriage, Tohon after marriage and Kaisei genko seki (old tohon before Japanese government changed data to electronic). Does she need to translate all 3?

• She also has a document called a Konin todoke juri shome sho (apparently it’s like a wedding certificate). Should she have this translated?

• Any advice on where to get the documents translated? It’s $60 per document in her town. Is there a service in Canada that might be better?

• She wants to stay with me in Canada until her PR is approved, but we are worried about border officials. What should she tell them? Should she have any evidence such as bank info, my pay stubs and PR application receipt?

Thanks so much for any assistance.

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
After 6 mths and 3 weeks we are finally IN PROCESS as of October 14!!!! My hubby arrived home this morning and on the early drive home (7:41am to be exact) we received an email!!!! ;D

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
scottandlisag said:
After 6 mths and 3 weeks we are finally IN PROCESS as of October 14!!!! My hubby arrived home this morning and on the early drive home (7:41am to be exact) we received an email!!!! ;D

Congrats! That's great news!

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
A quick question to people who got PPR

How did you guys fill in "Height and Eye Chart"?

Printing that email and filling in by hand is ok?

Thanks

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Hi guys I need a little help here most especially for people who's dealng with Quebec, when you did sent your Certificat de sélection du Québec to your visa office, did u sent the original one or just the photocopy in the letter it doesn't says if I need to send the original nor photocopy so I don't know, we called Quebec and was advise to keep the original for I will be needing it when I landed. So I'm just wondering any thoughts please thanks!

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
manispreet said:
A quick question to people who got PPR

How did you guys fill in "Height and Eye Chart"?

Printing that email and filling in by hand is ok?

Thanks
yes in my case, it was handwritten. It should be fine since the form is non-editable . :)

day102

Oct 17, 2012
hello, I am in a unique situation and any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I am a Canadian citizen and my fiance of 3 years and my 1 year old son are New Zealanders, we are currently living in NZ but want to move back to canada I am really confused on what kind of visa we should get for my fiance, whether a working, or if i need to sponsor him but i live in nz at this point so i wasnt sure if that was possible. is permanent residency the only option for us because that has longer processing times and we arent sure if we will stay in Canada permanently. is it possibly for him to get a work visa on his own or do i have to be in the equation? also when we lived in canada in 2010 he overstayed his visitors visa, will that have any affect when we apply for an other visa? we are hoping to get to canada in march so time is running out, also would it be an option for him to return on a visitors visa and we will apply for another visa when we get there. Thanks so much

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
day102 said:
hello, I am in a unique situation and any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I am a Canadian citizen and my fiance of 3 years and my 1 year old son are New Zealanders, we are currently living in NZ but want to move back to canada I am really confused on what kind of visa we should get for my fiance, whether a working, or if i need to sponsor him but i live in nz at this point so i wasnt sure if that was possible. is permanent residency the only option for us because that has longer processing times and we arent sure if we will stay in Canada permanently. is it possibly for him to get a work visa on his own or do i have to be in the equation? also when we lived in canada in 2010 he overstayed his visitors visa, will that have any affect when we apply for an other visa? we are hoping to get to canada in march so time is running out, also would it be an option for him to return on a visitors visa and we will apply for another visa when we get there. Thanks so much
Were you born in Canada or naturalized as a citizen? If so, your son is a Canadian Citizen by descent. You need to obtain a "Certificate of Canadian Citizenship" (forms/instructions on the CIC website) and with that you can get him a Canadian passport.

If you have been living with your fiance for at least one continuous year (which sounds like a good bet) you can sponsor him in the common-law partner class. You may sponsor him as long as you have a credible plan to return to Canada. He may independently qualify for a work permit, either via one of the temporary work in Canada plans, or through sponsored employment. NZ citizens' applications are processed through Sydney, Australia, and they have very fast processing time - so you should expect 6-10 months, but a very solid, very well-done application can have it done on the low end of that. If you then come to Canada, you can stay for a while, or leave. As long as you and your fiance live together anywhere in the world, he will meet the PR residency obligation.

If you wish to come in March, you could submit an application now, show you plan on returning in March (a good part of a credible plan to return) and when you get here ask for the BSO to give him a visitor record while you wait for the PR to finish up. If he can qualify for a work permit in the interim, that's fine too. Or he can come to Canada and look for an employer willing to sponsor him via the LMO process.

Spousal sponsorship is the fastest way to permanent residency, and then he has the right to work in Canada.

Good luck!

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
mv709d said:
Hi guys I need a little help here most especially for people who's dealng with Quebec, when you did sent your Certificat de sélection du Québec to your visa office, did u sent the original one or just the photocopy in the letter it doesn't says if I need to send the original nor photocopy so I don't know, we called Quebec and was advise to keep the original for I will be needing it when I landed. So I'm just wondering any thoughts please thanks!
I sent my visa office a photocopy by mail, as well as a scanned copy via the Case Specific Enquiry thing on CIC's website. That was acceptable.

My letter from MICC indicated that they also communicate the results to the visa office. In my case, they had made a spelling error in my first name that had to be rectified and once the CSQ had been reissued I ended up sending the copies to my visa office, as mentioned, myself. I don't know whether that would be necessary in normal circumstances. Perhaps not, but who knows?

I received an email approximately a month after sponsor approval from the London visa office requesting the CSQ so presumably if the visa office does not have it they will contact you, but obviously I can only speak of my experience with the London visa office. By that point I had received my incorrect CSQ but hadn't yet received the correct copy.

Mine wasn't a clear cut situation, unfortunately, so I'm hoping someone else will come along and share their (hopefully straightforward) experience.

Hope that helps, a little?!

Edit just to say: I reread your post and yes, you are correct in saying that you WILL need your original CSQ so if you have only been provided with one copy of it then absolutely DO NOT send that. Just wanted to be clearer about that. I have heard about other people who have received a copy for them and a spare copy but that wasn't the case for me.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
my husband just had interview today in Vienna, my question is does anybody know how long we have to wait until we getting the respond from the embassy to know how he did .

thanks