Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
serf said:
1) Is it okay for her to sponsor me , since she has not had a long stay in Canada too. Shall we wait or should apply.
If she is in compliance with the residency requirement, she can sponsor you. But you were vague with her landing dates, which makes it difficult to determine if she is out of compliance. If she IS out of compliance, she will need to wait until she is back in compliance to sponsor you.

serf said:
2) If we apply, how much time can it take or any tips to quicken the process.....as it seems very difficult to live seperately for a longer period. Kindly suggest some way out , so that we can stay together till the application processing. We are still yet to apply....
If you can obtain a visa to visit Canada, you can apply via the inland process. As a medical graduate you may find work in Canada, or study opportunities, internship, residency, etc.

serf said:
3) When we apply, do we have to send the PCC and Medical along with the application..
The directions are country specific (depending upon the VO handling your application), but in general you must submit at least the PCC and many offices require the medical at the same time.

serf said:
4) PCC- WHere do we have to get the PCC from- LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT/ REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE
Follow the links from the CIC website (right hand column, where it says "Get Police Certificates")

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
serf said:
Kindly suggest on my following case:

I am an Indian citizen, my wife holds Canadian PR, which she obtained as a family PR on the points base. She stayed in Canada in 2009 for 15 days after she got her PR then came back. We both are medical graduates from India. She then, took her exams for USMLE, U.S. in 2010 and stayed in US for 10 months and since then, stayed in India with her parents till our marriage 3 months back. And a month ago, we decided to move to Canada. She has gone to Canada, 3 days back. We plan to apply from her as the sponsor for me as the spouse From Canada.

I wanted to know, whether:
1) Is it okay for her to sponsor me , since she has not had a long stay in Canada too. Shall we wait or should apply.
2) If we apply, how much time can it take or any tips to quicken the process.....as it seems very difficult to live seperately for a longer period. Kindly suggest some way out , so that we can stay together till the application processing. We are still yet to apply....
3) When we apply, do we have to send the PCC and Medical along with the application..
4) PCC- WHere do we have to get the PCC from- LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT/ REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE

I shall be really grateful for your kind help and advice.

GOD BLESS!!!!
1) I did have almost the same story as your wife except that I had stayed in Canada for almost an year and half after PR, but did go to Singapore after that. My PR is to expire in 2013 and decided to move to Canada for good. So its a good start to have the sponsor in Canada. Once the sponsor is in Canada, you really don't want to waste time to apply for PR (if you are opting outland) as each day counts...
2) It depends on whether you are opting for Outland or Inland application. Pl. check the very first page in the website for more details (Leon's message). Outland is faster (depending on the VO that you select) and the sponsor need to be in Canada. Inland takes longer time. Now, if the applicant can come on TRV/work permit, nothing as good as that, but obtaining TRV while sponsoring is difficult and is rarely issued by CIC. Work permit, of course, if you find an employer and nothing as great as that..
3) Submitting PCC and medicals fastens the PR processing
4) Depends on VO office, but if you are opting for NewDelhi Visa Office, the PCC need to be obtained from your state (your home town) police station (they have the procedure in place, you may go, fill up the application, submit your passport for few days and might have to go to police station to show your face or the police might come home to do the search and in few days after the process, they will issue the PCC. Now in India, getting the PCC depends whole lot on various factors, you might want to read on it and understand everything before you go.

For any info or even a small doubt, I suggest you to google up and look for information. You will find various stories of different people which will help you to understand the process and ways to tackle it. Trust me, its a lot of work but its very much do-able with lot of patience and perseverance..You might also want to thoroughly understand the CIC website and this forum to make you a master in this...

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
How long do you guys think it can take to receive the letter after the decision have been made?.Is it possible on the PR status,it says in process.because before it said attempt n now it change to process. ::)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
VPS said:
Inland takes longer time.
I know this has been the conventional wisdom, but I must disagree with this advice at this point.

First stage outland is now 2.5 months. First stage inland is 7 months.

Second stage outland ranges from 7 months-30+ months, second stage inland ranges from 0 months to 8 months (published).

So PR outland is 9.5 months for the fastest visa offices (14.5 months for the US). PR inland is 15 months, but you have an OWP in seven. For all but the fastest outland offices, inland is a reasonable choice.

Further, inland times have been dropping rather quickly. Outland times have been increasing and in some cases (e.g., the US) they've increased substantially. Given the rate of decrease on inland, I expect to see the inland processing times continue to drop in the coming months.

There may be other reasons to go outland versus inland, but speed of processing is no longer as compelling as it has been in the past.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
How long do you guys think it can take to receive the letter after the decision have been made?.Is it possible on the PR status,it says in process.because before it said attempt n now it change to process. ::)
A couple of weeks in my experience.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March first week
Does a long travel history delay the processing, New Delhi VO..??

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship
« Reply #5495 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »
Quote from: Popo012 on October 05, 2012, 07:46:20 pm
How long do you guys think it can take to receive the letter after the decision have been made?.Is it possible on the PR status,it says in process.because before it said attempt n now it change to process.

A couple of weeks in my experience.

But we have some letters from friends who wants to support our relationship and our applications.

1)so do you think we should send them to vegreville Alberta where the 1st stage was been process even we didn't receive the letter yet or wait still when we receive the letter and send them to the Visa Office?

2)is it possible on the PR status,it's says in process.Because before it said attempt and now it changed to process?

I would like to know those two important questions plz n thnx

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
1)so do you think we should send them to vegreville Alberta where the 1st stage was been process even we didn't receive the letter yet or wait still when we receive the letter and send them to the Visa Office?
If you applied to Vegreville, you are inland and that's where the entire application is processed (unless there are family members being examined who are outside Canada).

If you have a file number, send them along. If you don't have a file number make sure you clearly label the information with your UCI. If you don't have either, I'd suggest calling the call centre and obtaining your file number and/or UCI - they should be able to provide you with both.

make sure you keep copies of everything you send to CIC. They are notorious for losing paperwork.

Popo012 said:
2)is it possible on the PR status,it's says in process.Because before it said attempt and now it changed to process?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. If it says "in process" it means that someone has reviewed your file and updated it's status to "in process". They may be waiting for security checks, medicals, etc.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Alright thank you for answering me :).I will send them n yes I have a file number,I wrote the number on my letters.

sraja

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14th Aug
Re: Plz Reply !!!

rjessome said:
Did your husband include you and the baby as non-accompanying dependents in his original application for PR?
Im sorry for d late reply. No he did not. He got his PR card before our wedding. now he is applying for me n our daughter.

RenRaj

Oct 3, 2012
@computergeek:

Status for my PR Application for spouse visa has been updated to "Decision made" and the Office (VO: New Delhi) will contact me about the decision.

this info was updated a couple of days back....its very stressful for me to handle the wait....
any advice on how long will it take for the visa office to send the letter and the passport?

please advice.

serf

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for the reply...
She landed in Jan'2009, stayed for 15 days and then, came back to India, to stay till sept 2012 with her parents who also hold Canadian PR. Meanwhile she also got married to myself in June 2012. How do you relate her compliance with the residency requirement??
computergeek said:
If she is in compliance with the residency requirement, she can sponsor you. But you were vague with her landing dates, which makes it difficult to determine if she is out of compliance. If she IS out of compliance, she will need to wait until she is back in compliance to sponsor you.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
RenRaj said:
@ computergeek:

Status for my PR Application for spouse visa has been updated to "Decision made" and the Office (VO: New Delhi) will contact me about the decision.

this info was updated a couple of days back....its very stressful for me to handle the wait....
any advice on how long will it take for the visa office to send the letter and the passport?

please advice.
I would consider how long it takes to get mail where you are at and give three extra days. For us (being we're applying from the US) it takes about 2-3 weeks (maybe longer) and that's with normal times. IE not around Holidays. Good luck and congrats! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
serf said:
Thanks for the reply...
She landed in Jan'2009, stayed for 15 days and then, came back to India, to stay till sept 2012 with her parents who also hold Canadian PR. Meanwhile she also got married to myself in June 2012. How do you relate her compliance with the residency requirement??
The residency requirement is that she must spend 730 days in the previous five years in Canada, with the first five years after landing treated as if you will spend the balance of the time in Canada. So, with a landing date of January 2009, she went out of compliance sometime in January or February 2012 - because she reached the point at which she could not meet the residency requirement for the first five year period. Thus, if she files to sponsor you now, CPC-M will review her application and very likely note that she has failed to comply with the residency requirement. In addition to becoming ineligible to sponsor you, she may find she is served with a removal order precisely because she has violated the residency requirement and as a result she will lose her own PR.

While she was able to re-enter Canada out of compliance, it is not uncommon for border officers to be lenient - after all, they only have a few moments to evaluate someone and with a PR card that doesn't expire until 2014 she wouldn't appear terribly suspicious. Thus, she (and her family) were lucky that the border officer did not notice the non-compliance. At some point her PR card will expire (probably around March 2014) but she cannot renew it at that point because she is not in compliance. In September 2014 she will be back in compliance - because they only look at the 5 years preceding the PR card renewal application date - and can obtain a new PR card. She will also be able to safely sponsor you at that point.

That is why the date was important - if she had landed in December 2009 and had now returned, she would have been eligible to sponsor you because she would have been in compliance.

Unfortunately, the only option that leaves you, at least for now, is economic immigration.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March first week
When I try to pay the permanent resident fee online, it says Transaction not approved. Does anyone know what to do??