+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

M394

Sep 19, 2022
Hi everyone! I applied for spousal pr in January 2024 but I didn’t get any AOR yet, how long it’s gonna take ? Anyone with same experience? Thankyou.

AliakseiY

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have a question., on PR online tracking yesterday was update final decision and today the travel document number was appeared and expiry date…., what’s the next step? Is anyone’s know. Thank you.

joaogabrielp3

Mar 14, 2024
Mississauga
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-06-2023
AOR Received.
17-06-2023
File Transfer...
20-09-2023
Med's Request
03-08-2023
Med's Done....
06-09-2023
Hey everyone. We applied on June 09 and have since received the AIP letter, Sponsor approval letter, and Pre-arrival letter. However, since our application was transferred to Etobicoke in September it's being disturbingly silent.

In the past month, we've noticed three ghost updates on Mar 14, Mar 26, and Apr 03. Could this be a good sign?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone. We applied on June 09 and have since received the AIP letter, Sponsor approval letter, and Pre-arrival letter. However, since our application was transferred to Etobicoke in September it's being disturbingly silent.

In the past month, we've noticed three ghost updates on Mar 14, Mar 26, and Apr 03. Could this be a good sign?
It could be a good sign. It likely is a sign that someone (or some system) within IRCC 'touched' the file i.e. did something with it.

NKT123

Mar 11, 2024
Hi all,

Appliedin Jan
Recieved AOR, Biometrics and Sponsor Approval.Does anyone know what processing times generally look like from here on?

Aiden Hei

Apr 4, 2024
Thanks for the informative post!
I just submitted my application. I’m an outside Canada applicant. Does anyone know how long does it take to process and what will the later requirements?
Tons of thanks

navneet046

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, I am planning to apply for outland spousal sponsorship and have below queries -

1. After getting the PR, how much time does my spouse have to enter Canada?

2. Can we delay that time? Ex - if the allowed time is 6 months, can we request extension from ircc for 2 years?

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I am planning to apply for outland spousal sponsorship and have below queries -

1. After getting the PR, how much time does my spouse have to enter Canada?

2. Can we delay that time? Ex - if the allowed time is 6 months, can we request extension from ircc for 2 years?

Thanks.
1. Your spouse typically has until the one year anniversary of the medical examination, which might be, for example, 2-8 months. If it's less than that, they may require you to do another medical, or give the option of travelling immediately upon receipt of the COPR.

2. No.

BUT: keep in mind the PR can travel to Canada, do the landing procedures, and leave the next day as a PR, and return (ie. for permanent move) sometime later. This is quite common.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hello,
I just got my inland eCOPR and I'm an official PR of Canada. Now, I would like to sponsor my wife and kids, who are outside Canada. Well, they have visitor records (based on my old WP before PR) which are about to expire but no visas yet.

since the original post is outdated in several aspects (links invalid, considering interviews which are not that common since COVID, etc.), I'm posting my question here.

Question: What is the best approach to bring them, knowing that I want to consider the fastest track to bring them here (I don't mind if it takes them one year of processing inland or more)?
- Apply for visa and sponsor inland.
- Apply for extending visitor records. Then apply for sponsorship.
- Apply for new visitor records and visas?
- Other option maybe!

Last edited:

SamP_8

Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am seeking genuine guidance here. Please help me.

I am applying for my wife's spousal sponsorship file (In-land).

My girlfriend (now my wife) and I have been in a relationship since 2020 and have been living together since May 2020. We both came here as students, and during our studies, we lived with our friends. I finished my studies in December 2020, and she completed hers in September 2021. In October 2021, we moved to another city as we both got jobs, and once again, we lived in a shared house with our friends.

In March 2023, I obtained my PR, and in November 2023, we got married.

Now my question is, I have never mentioned my relationship status in my PR file as a COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP/PARTNER. Does this affect my spousal sponsorship file? Has anyone been in the same situation? What should I take care of while filing her PR?

We always lived with our friends until we got married. Does this factor help us in any way?

Please help me out. Thank you in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
have been living together since May 2020. We both came here as students, and during our studies, we lived with our friends. I finished my studies in December 2020, and she completed hers in September 2021. In October 2021, we moved to another city as we both got jobs, and once again, we lived in a shared house with our friends.

In March 2023, I obtained my PR, and in November 2023, we got married.

Now my question is, I have never mentioned my relationship status in my PR file as a COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP/PARTNER. Does this affect my spousal sponsorship file? Has anyone been in the same situation? What should I take care of while filing her PR?
Yes. You were common law for several years (since at least May 21). When you were going through process of becoming a PR, you were asked multiple times - and signed documents to the effect that you had no immediate family members/spouse. You committed misrepresentation.

Most likely you will never be able to sponsor her. She will have to qualify to become PR on her own.

See here for more such cases: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/married-after-i-got-visa.539693/post-10798728

Reactions: nyantaro19

M394

Sep 19, 2022
Hlo everyone !!
I applied Outland sponsorship on Jan 24 , when can I expect AOR ?? Please can anyone help me ??

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
As far as I know, it's two months.
Hlo everyone !!
I applied Outland sponsorship on Jan 24 , when can I expect AOR ?? Please can anyone help me ??
As far as I know, it's two months. Others can correct me.

Anjali sachin

Mar 22, 2024
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-03-2024
Hey what is your thoughts, if you submit application on feb/ march when it will get PPR as per current trend? ( if they are not applied for TRV)