+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Lihei

Dec 27, 2023
Hey guys I am about to submit my inland spousal pr application but I am stuck here at the photo sections. Shall I upload the digital copy of the photograph( I.e. only the front) or shall I be uploading the scan copy (I.e. front and back of the photograph) or shall I upload the scan with the digital copy pdf..
any suggestions will be much appreciated
Just upload the scanned front copy. That’s all I did.

Reactions: Shiva91

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hi guys, in-Canada spousal pr applicant here, can anyone share a sample/template letter of explanation please? I need to upload two - one to explain why PA's name on birth certificate and passport do not match, and another which provides context of each of the 20 relationship evidence photos.

Also, do you guys think it makes sense to provide a "cover letter" from the sponsor to IRCC providing the background for the spousal pr application and request to grant spousal PR to the PA?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys, in-Canada spousal pr applicant here, can anyone share a sample/template letter of explanation please? I need to upload two - one to explain why PA's name on birth certificate and passport do not match, and another which provides context of each of the 20 relationship evidence photos.

Also, do you guys think it makes sense to provide a "cover letter" from the sponsor to IRCC providing the background for the spousal pr application and request to grant spousal PR to the PA?
You don't need a template. It's free form. Give it a title that makes sense: eg. "Explanation - Name mismatch between Birth Certificate and Passport". One short paragraph with fact/issue. One short paragraph sentence saying what you can / cannot do, eg "This mismatch is common in [country] and does not require name change, the name in [passport] is considered official and used and supported consistently in other documents."

General common sense: short, factual, minimal long explanations; you don't need the extraneous 'letter' format stuff (to whom it may concern, address, etc - not needed), it will be part of a package. Simple letters of explanation that address a specific issue, separately from others, are easier to digest and use. (Eg four separate LOEs for distinct issues with appropriate simple titles, don't make them search for explanations in a longer document about multiple things).

I do not think a cover letter makes sense generally unless there is some overall issue / background that is necessary to understand in multiple areas (eg occurs in multiple areas / multiple subsections of the application). An example of that might be deficiencies in documentation of cohabitation because some country has a cumbersome official registration procedure that doesn't work for unmarried couples (so official address confirmation not possible). But you have to use your judgment on whether your specific situation presents such issues.

Good luck.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
You don't need a template. It's free form. Give it a title that makes sense: eg. "Explanation - Name mismatch between Birth Certificate and Passport". One short paragraph with fact/issue. One short paragraph sentence saying what you can / cannot do, eg "This mismatch is common in [country] and does not require name change, the name in [passport] is considered official and used and supported consistently in other documents."

General common sense: short, factual, minimal long explanations; you don't need the extraneous 'letter' format stuff (to whom it may concern, address, etc - not needed), it will be part of a package. Simple letters of explanation that address a specific issue, separately from others, are easier to digest and use. (Eg four separate LOEs for distinct issues with appropriate simple titles, don't make them search for explanations in a longer document about multiple things).

I do not think a cover letter makes sense generally unless there is some overall issue / background that is necessary to understand in multiple areas (eg occurs in multiple areas / multiple subsections of the application). An example of that might be deficiencies in documentation of cohabitation because some country has a cumbersome official registration procedure that doesn't work for unmarried couples (so official address confirmation not possible). But you have to use your judgment on whether your specific situation presents such issues.

Good luck.
Thank you, all your explanations make sense. I (sponsor) am thinking of providing a spousal "cover letter" only because we are married for a little over a year and no kids (yet) and primarily have evidence of financial interdependence and cohabitation, few photos with friends and family, and zero social media presence as a couple. Hence the thought of doing this. Thinking I'll do a letter stating how the purpose and intent of the spousal PR application is to allow our continued ongoing cohabitation and life together as a married couple (which if he doesn't get a PR will be limited to the closed work permit duration he is currently on), and that while he as the PA is adequately employed and therefore currently taking up bulk of the household's financial responsibilities, I'm contributing with long term savings/investments but I still am capable to support both of us financially should the need ever arise.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, all your explanations make sense. I (sponsor) am thinking of providing a spousal "cover letter" only because we are married for a little over a year and no kids (yet) and primarily have evidence of financial interdependence and cohabitation, few photos with friends and family, and zero social media presence as a couple. Hence the thought of doing this. Thinking I'll do a letter stating how the purpose and intent of the spousal PR application is to allow our continued ongoing cohabitation and life together as a married couple (which if he doesn't get a PR will be limited to the closed work permit duration he is currently on), and that while he as the PA is adequately employed and therefore currently taking up bulk of the household's financial responsibilities, I'm contributing with long term savings/investments but I still am capable to support both of us financially should the need ever arise.
A year or more cohabitating and married is a rather straightforward case. Photos and social media presence are (in my opinion) secondary in nature, more important for those who have little history together.

That said, I don't know your personal situation, whether eg you have photos etc from marriage, if there are any cultural issues underlying (eg was the marriage arranged), etc. So use your best judgment.

My one suggestion is: take a couple weekend trips and get photos as a couple, ideally 'doing things.' Perhaps make the effort to invite some friends out for dinner or an event. Or add some photos of you doing things together - go bowling. Failing that, go to a local park.

Because overall I'd say those 'real evidence' things are more useful in support than the overall letter of explanation, and your time would be better spent obtaining actual evidence.

Oh - 'purpose and intent ... is to allow our continued life as a married couple' - that's so obvious I see very little (zero) need to explain that further. Of course the point of a spousal app is to allow the spouses to live together on a permanent basis. That's exactly the kind of filler and blah-blah content that their eyes will glaze over at. Facts, actual evidence are way better. Romantic novels at the last resort.

Reactions: sonusweetie

Asaltos21

Aug 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago we send the application for my spouse for his PR. I received the confirmation email a few day ago but I delete the email by mistake. Does anyone know how can I get the Application Number? I am trying to link to the tracking system.

Thank you for your help!

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am currently in Canada on PR and my spouse in India. I am trying to bring her here. As I researched, I see there are 2 options for me:

1. Process visitor visa for her first, bring her here, apply for spousal visa inland
2. ⁠Initial spousal visa for her first, get AOR, apply for visitor visa and then bring her here

Issues with Op1: Heard there are lot of rejections as it shows dual intent indirectly
Issues with Op2: Once she moves to Canada, its difficult submit documents for spousal visa as it is outland and getting PCC/biometrics and so on should be from India

I spoke few consultants as well, they keep suggesting Op1. I don’t want to have any rejections and we want to reunite asap. Kindly help us choose the right path!
Please correct me if I am wrong in any of the above assumptions.

Thanks in advance :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I am currently in Canada on PR and my spouse in India. I am trying to bring her here. As I researched, I see there are 2 options for me:

1. Process visitor visa for her first, bring her here, apply for spousal visa inland
2. ⁠Initial spousal visa for her first, get AOR, apply for visitor visa and then bring her here

Issues with Op1: Heard there are lot of rejections as it shows dual intent indirectly
Apply for visitor visa, if rejected, apply for PR, then visitor visa afterwards.

eric786110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi I was hoping if someone can shed some light
I sponsored my spouse for PR under family class. I (sponsor)now received an email from cic on my email stating my uci number and application number. Please check the attached image link

can someone verify if that is AOR ?
and why that email is received on my email but not on the principal applicant email which was used in the applications

mchishti

Apr 4, 2024
A woman has received a PR Card on December 29. Now we have to find out if his family who is outside Canada has received the pre-arrival letter and how long this family is allowed to come to Canada.
Or there is a chance to get COPR.

mchishti

Apr 4, 2024
A woman has received a PR Card on December 29. Now we have to find out if his family who is outside Canada has received the pre-arrival letter and how long this family is allowed to come to Canada.

Court123

Dec 14, 2023
This is the AOR. Also you the sponsor will get the Spousal Approval email as well but everything else goes to the principal applicant.
Hi I was hoping if someone can shed some light
I sponsored my spouse for PR under family class. I (sponsor)now received an email from cic on my email stating my uci number and application number. Please check the attached image link

can someone verify if that is AOR ?
and why that email is received on my email but not on the principal applicant email which was used in the applications

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It seems this was not family sponsorship, that the principal applicant was in Canada, and the dependents are outside Canada. Post in the forum that corresponds to the type of PR application she did.