+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David88 said:
I am in a process of sponsoring my wife from Pakistan. I submitted the application in October 2010. After a long process my wife received a letter from CHC Islamabad on March 12, 2012 saying:

-"your visa(s) appear(s) to be ready for issuance"
If your visa is ready for issuance, they will need her passport because the visa is entered into the passport. If they gave instructions for returning passports, are you sure they weren't asking for it? It is quite possible that your wife will not be called for an interview at all. They don't always do that.

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for your reply ... Now the situation that the form was filled and sent back to CHC Islamabad without passports. What should be my next step. I do have a scanned copy of that form (unfilled). Is it advisable to re-send that form after filling it along with passports????

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Leon said:
If your visa is ready for issuance, they will need her passport because the visa is entered into the passport. If they gave instructions for returning passports, are you sure they weren't asking for it? It is quite possible that your wife will not be called for an interview at all. They don't always do that.
i hv applied in june 2010 n ur case is similiar to mine i guess
can u share ur details plz
i might get a hope after ur details
waiting
thanks

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
just a general info going out, in my local paper this week was announced the CIC offices in Sudbury is to be closed down, wether it be in 1 year 2 years i dont know, im still waiting for a landing interview from this office and i would like to say its a shame its closing due to the help they was able to give me through out my residency application and more.

The people at those offices have been a life line at times.

RKDG

May 31, 2011
BANGLADESH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody submitted the passport to CIC Bangladesh in month of March 2012 and still not received or received, Please inform me.

dragonele

Feb 26, 2012
Police Clearance Certified Translation?

Hi everyone!
I thought I was ready to send out the apllication this morning until, checking throught the documents, I realized that I hadn't got the translations of the Police Clearance documents notorized....Do I have to?
One more question: Where do I send once completed? I've found a couple of different addresses for Mississauga. (we are applying from Italy, through Rome).

Thanks.

monadanish

May 16, 2011
hi david,
i am in the same case as you! i applied for my husband in october 2010, and on april 21st e received the same letter. dated april 6th 2012.... i am having a few problems, im wondering if you are facing the same issues! if you could be of any help that would be great!

first of all, my husband resides in karachi and he needs to get a re-medical done. does your wife need the same done?
the problem we are facing is that the letter states that they need his medical and passport within 30days, which im guessing would be before may 6th. and the problem is that there is no appointment available before may 2nd in any of the DMPs in karachi. are you facing the same problem?

David88 said:
I am in a process of sponsoring my wife from Pakistan. I submitted the application in October 2010. After a long process my wife received a letter from CHC Islamabad on March 12, 2012 saying:

-"your visa(s) appear(s) to be ready for issuance"

-"You should not commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets or take any irrevocable action such as selling of property, or resign from employment unless you have received your passports and visas."

-"Before we can issue visa(s) you must:"

and then there are instructions for submission of information which has already provided to them in different application forms such as present mailing address, applicant birth date, height, weight and latest photos etc. Furthermore they have explained return of passports to the applicants under the following headings:

-Applicants residing in Afghanistan or outside Pakistan
Supply proper mailing address
Do not send passport(s) through international courier if you are currently residing outside Pakistan.
-Applicants residing in Pakistan, Afghanistan and outside Pakistan.
This office cannot send passport to P.O box or village address.
This office does not send passport by registered or ordinary mail.
This office cannot send passport outside Pakistan.
-Photo instructions to photographer
This include instructions to photographer which most of them already know.

The required info was submitted on March 20, 2012. Since then CHC has not requested submission of passport. Can anybody tell me how much further time will they take to issue the visa??? Please note that my wife hasn't been interviewed throughout the whole process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
monadanish said:
hi david,
i am in the same case as you! i applied for my husband in october 2010, and on april 21st e received the same letter. dated april 6th 2012.... i am having a few problems, im wondering if you are facing the same issues! if you could be of any help that would be great!

first of all, my husband resides in karachi and he needs to get a re-medical done. does your wife need the same done?
the problem we are facing is that the letter states that they need his medical and passport within 30days, which im guessing would be before may 6th. and the problem is that there is no appointment available before may 2nd in any of the DMPs in karachi. are you facing the same problem?
Write the visa office, advise them of the situation and the date by which you expect to be able to submit the requested information. These timelines are the same on every letter they write and as long as they know its all in process they will be fine with it.

Once you have the medicals, send the IMM 1017 form (you get this from the DMP) to their office. I would make a copy for your records, fax a copy to the visa office, and send the original via courier to them. That way you can be reasonably certain they receive it as quickly as possible.

Good luck - you're almost done!

yuomap1120

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anybody knows the contact number of CIC ottawa medical section? Please help... Thanks...

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
I want to ask how can an MP help in our visa process. We filed Sept 2,2011 we got DM Nov. 9,2011 file transfer was Dec 13,2011. I got PPR dec 27,2011 I sent my passport the same day after that I haven't heard anything from them my ecas still says application received. A lot from october november and december applicants in my country already got their visas. :'( :'( :'( :'(

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Further information regarding how a DMP handles medical reports for an applicant from a different region:

"All immigration medical exam documents are sent to the regional medical office in the DMP's area. The regional medical office will then transfer the information to the appropriate immigration office either in North America or overseas.
•For example, a DMP in Montréal would send the medical report for an applicant applying from China to the Ottawa regional medical office, which would then send the medical report to the Beijing immigration office, where the application is being processed."

From source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/tools.asp

GOGOGO said:
You're welcome. I don't have an official answer here, but please see what I found below. Other more experienced members may be able to confirm.

Note: I would think a DMP knows what to do. Anyway, the DMP should double check with their official contacts. There are some contact information in Appendix I.

Source: http:// www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

HANDBOOK FOR Designated Medical Practitioners

Page 11-7
Conducting an Immigration Medical Examination
Collate the completed Medical Report forms (in order) with laboratory reports
and chest x-ray(s), and then arrange for the direct and timely transmission
of these documents, by mail or courier, to the RMO. Medical office contact
information is available in Appendix I.

Page i-2
Regional Medical Offices
(Beijing, London, Manila, New Delhi, Ottawa, Paris, Port of Spain & Singapore)

Page ii-6
Medical Instructions
The doctor will sign the form and mail the first copy to the Canadian Regional Medical
Office (RMO) with the results of the examination.
You will be given the second copy as
proof you underwent the medical examination. You must include this copy with your
immigrant application when you send it to your sponsor. Photocopies will not be
accepted.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Only fax number (+1 613 954 6211) showing from here:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp

yuomap1120 said:
Is anybody knows the contact number of CIC ottawa medical section? Please help... Thanks...

yuomap1120

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOGOGO said:
Only fax number (+1 613 954 6211) showing from here:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp
Yeah, i saw that too.. Thanks anyways.. Im just worried coz i got a medical request last thursday..but i already had my medicals last september 2011.. So just want to know if ottawa forwarded my medical results to my country.. :(

Sweetmine

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
Doc's Request.
15-08-2011, 25-11-2011, 22-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
7-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Is the medical check done simultanously with the background check, or does one precedes the other?