gelescr

Dec 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
They returned my file because I didnt have the Notice of assessment. I had to print it and resubmit. Chances are they have not started processing your file if the application isnt complete.

Update: I got the approval and am eligible for sponsorship and they have started processing it. i submited my 2015 but I am still going to submit my 2016 one either way.

D-Mac

Mar 4, 2013
I am intending to submit my application next week.

My status in Canada is currently covered by a work permit that expires in February 2019. Having said that, would it still be in my best interest to apply for an Open Work Permit with my application, in case the processing time for PR runs longer than 13 months?

Faye Licud

Nov 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
App. Filed.......
26-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
Med's Request
16-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-12-2017
Hi I would like to ask if how many months to wait for the result of our medical and after that what will be the next step of our application?
We are under spouse and dependent children sponsorship new application :)
We already done for our medical last december 9 and i already sent my schedule A background declaration , how long i have to wait for our visa with my two kids@?

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Hi I would like to ask if how many months to wait for the result of our medical and after that what will be the next step of our application?
We are under spouse and dependent children sponsorship new application :)
We already done for our medical last december 9 and i already sent my schedule A background declaration , how long i have to wait for our visa with my two kids@?

It depends on which medical centre you went for your medical. For my wife, she went in on October 2/17 in Manila at st Lukes ermita where they have E-Medical which electronically sends your medical results directly to CIC. The next day when she checked her online account it showed as "medical tests received". Afterwards it changed to "you passed the medical exam" on October 7/17. My wife also submitted her schedule A uploaded to her account the next day after getting the request and NBI. CIC got our application on aug 3/17 and everything was accepted in one shot without it being returned for missing anything. We are now 5 months in waiting what's next.

Faye Licud

Nov 9, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
App. Filed.......
26-09-2017
AOR Received.
27-09-2017
Med's Request
16-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-12-2017
Thanks for the info. We finished our medical at Baguio City Philippines Nationwide Health System last dec 9 and habe to wait for 10 days for the result of medical exam after 10days dec 18 2017, I recieved an email from Nationwide Health System in Baguio that they already sent our medical from CIC and December 22 2017 required to submit my Schedule A Background Declartion. Now im still waiting for the result of my medcal exam and what will be the next step of our application. How long will it take for the visa? We are now also waiting for 3 months starting september 2017

SenM

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

My partner and I will be sending our application for inland common law this coming last week of the month. However, I have a concern. One of the requirements is a photocopy of the stamps of my last entry to Canada.

We went to US September and November 2017. So that's twice and both times that I entered Canada, they did not stamp my passport. My love said they don't stamp passports in big airports anymore since everything is scanned. I saw it on CBSA website too.

So, my question is, should I file a request from CBSA or IRCC has a link to it already? It says on CBSA that it's not needed if applying for PR Card. But I am still applying for PR and not yet a PR Card. Will I have issues? Please help let me know your thoughts :( Thank you in advance!

CAlander

Feb 21, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
I'm sponsoring my wife from Manila. Not sure what's happening but it seems that our application may have stalled. There has been no activity at all. Just wondering if anyone else experiencing this for Outland? Our timeline:

Application recd at CIC MISS: 8/3/17
Email from CIC MISS complete app: 9/10/17
Email from CIC MISS for spouse to link account: 9/10/17. Account linked 9/11/17
Request from CIC MISS requesting NBI CLEARANCE AND IMM5669 background information- 9/11/17. Both uploaded 9/12/17 to online account
Request from CIC MISS requesting medical exam -9/14/17
Email from CIC MISS sponsor APPROVED -9/15/17
Email from CIC MISS file transferred to MANILA
Email from CIC MANILA processing spouse application - 9/28/17
Spouse medical exam complete 10/2/17
CIC MANILA confirmed "medical exam received" 10/3/17
CIC MANILA confirmed "medical exam PASSED" 10/7/17
Email from CIC MANILA requesting ADVISORY OF MARRIAGES (AOM)document from PHILIPPINE STATISTICS AUTHORITY 10/30/17
AOM document uploaded to online account 11/7/17

The last request letter from CIC MANILA received 10/30/17 and all requests submitted.
Wonder what's next?
Way to go! Just wait for other updates like pre arrival email, background check in process, decision made and next is Passport request. Im an August Applicant also.

joes

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
11-09-2017
Nomination.....
NOT APPLICABLE
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
IELTS Request
NOT APPLICABLE
File Transfer...
21-09-2017
Med's Request
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
02-10-2017
Interview........
NOT REQUESTED
Passport Req..
15-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
27-03-2018
Way to go! Just wait for other updates like pre arrival email, background check in process, decision made and next is Passport request. Im an August Applicant also.
Thanks for your reply. Have you got any other updates to your file? The only thing that's on background check since my wife linked her account is "your application is in progress. We will send you a message once we start your background check". I feel bad we have been married over a year and I was originally denied sponsorship because my income level was too low because of having shortage of work.

Aly199

Aug 23, 2017
Hey all, great resource here. My Mexican wife and I got married In Canada 5 years ago. The plan is inland sponsorship.

1)On the checklist page, I selected "Canada" in response to the question "What country does the person being sponsored reside in?" I assume this is right? We will be in Canada before applying.

2)In part B of the Document checklist "supported documents for sponsored persons"

"If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide proof of your status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, study
permit or work permit, temporary resident permit, including out of status documentation). If you do not have status in Canada, please provide
an explanation on a separate piece of paper, as well a copy of any paperwork you have that is relevant to your status."

>>>She doesn't need a visa. I am hoping they will give her 6 months and after that will have implied status until the application is approved. Is this correct?

3) Regarding copying her supporting documents, these are the instructions below. My wife is unsure how to get this done and unfortunately the Gov. is closed till Monday. Anyone know what this entails?
  • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)." >>> In the complete guide it says "
    Outside Canada:
    • a notary public
    Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities."

4) Throughout the applications and checklist it says "you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older ." Am I correct this means just her, not her adult brothers and sisters, parents etc? We have no kids.

5)In the same section, it asks for copies of national identity cards. She only has INE. Anyone know about this?

6)In the same section "a copy of your family booklet IF issued by your country of nationality." Is this relevant for us or Canadian marriages?

7) Regarding police certificates it says "We encourage you to start the process of obtaining your police certificate(s) in advance as we will send you a request to submit them shortly after we receive your application." >>>My understanding is that she should apply for it after she is in Canada. On the police certificate page for Mexico it says "If you live outside of Mexico:
You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:"

>>>
Then it says "
Note: You do not need to send any other documents or to provide any payments.

Please send all five items to:

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

You will not receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us and the results will be uploaded directly in our system."

>>>So my understanding is we have to wait for their response to the application and then apply for the police certificate.

8) Is this the best number to get help? 1-888-242-2100

Sorry this is so long, but this is complicated! Any help appreciated. Happy New Year.

lisa123456

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'll be applying to sponsor my common-law partner this month. What is the current timeframe for sponsorship? I know it says 12 months on the cic website but I've heard they are expediting it?
Thank you and good luck!

SenM

Aug 19, 2017
Hey all, great resource here. My Mexican wife and I got married In Canada 5 years ago. The plan is inland sponsorship.

1)On the checklist page, I selected "Canada" in response to the question "What country does the person being sponsored reside in?" I assume this is right? We will be in Canada before applying.

2)In part B of the Document checklist "supported documents for sponsored persons"

"If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide proof of your status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, study
permit or work permit, temporary resident permit, including out of status documentation). If you do not have status in Canada, please provide
an explanation on a separate piece of paper, as well a copy of any paperwork you have that is relevant to your status."

>>>She doesn't need a visa. I am hoping they will give her 6 months and after that will have implied status until the application is approved. Is this correct?

3) Regarding copying her supporting documents, these are the instructions below. My wife is unsure how to get this done and unfortunately the Gov. is closed till Monday. Anyone know what this entails?
  • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)." >>> In the complete guide it says "
    Outside Canada:
    • a notary public
    Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities."

4) Throughout the applications and checklist it says "you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older ." Am I correct this means just her, not her adult brothers and sisters, parents etc? We have no kids.

5)In the same section, it asks for copies of national identity cards. She only has INE. Anyone know about this?

6)In the same section "a copy of your family booklet IF issued by your country of nationality." Is this relevant for us or Canadian marriages?

7) Regarding police certificates it says "We encourage you to start the process of obtaining your police certificate(s) in advance as we will send you a request to submit them shortly after we receive your application." >>>My understanding is that she should apply for it after she is in Canada. On the police certificate page for Mexico it says "If you live outside of Mexico:
You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:"

>>>
Then it says "
Note: You do not need to send any other documents or to provide any payments.

Please send all five items to:

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

You will not receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us and the results will be uploaded directly in our system."

>>>So my understanding is we have to wait for their response to the application and then apply for the police certificate.

8) Is this the best number to get help? 1-888-242-2100

Sorry this is so long, but this is complicated! Any help appreciated. Happy New Year.
If you go to the instructions in filling out the forms, they usually explain each question there that makes it easier to answer and to lessen the confusion. And also, they also define the term “Family” in the glossary of cic as husband & wife and children. You will see it too in the complete guideline for each form.

There are also certain items that do not apply to all countries. For example, the family booklet, national ID, etc. The family booklet (I think) is being issued in very few countries to track down ancestry etc.

As for the line, that’s the only number they have (I think) but you cannot call it if you have a non-canadian number. I tried calling it with a US number and it didn’t go through. Same with the mexican number that I have. It can only be called if you have a canadian number and they also have one that you can email but their response takes more than a month.

For the visa, last yr, mexico doesnt need a visa anymore. They are issued ETA for flying. The ETA is quick to apply for and obtain and lasts for like 5 years, I think. Then by the time she’s at the border, that’s where they will tell her how long she can stay in Canada. Hope it helps

SenM

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

My partner and I will be sending our application for inland common law this coming last week of the month. However, I have a concern. One of the requirements is a photocopy of the stamps of my last entry to Canada.

We went to US September and November 2017. So that's twice and both times that I entered Canada, they did not stamp my passport. My love said they don't stamp passports in big airports anymore since everything is scanned. I saw it on CBSA website too.

So, my question is, should I file a request from CBSA or IRCC has a link to it already? It says on CBSA that it's not needed if applying for PR Card. But I am still applying for PR and not yet a PR Card. Will I have issues? Please help let me know your thoughts :( Thank you in advance!
UP! Still need help for this one :(

Jan 7, 2018
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for advice for many months now but haven't registered until now...sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if I'm supposed to make a new thread! I'm getting ready to send off the paperwork for outbound spousal application and wanted to clarify a couple of preliminary things before I do.

For a bit of background, I'm the Canadian and married an American 3 years ago. Because of his schooling, I moved to the USA while he completed it, but the plan has always been to move home to Canada and settle permanently, and now he's in the final year of his degree. However, he's been in school to become a firefighter and recently got offered a job with his dream department here in the States. He still wants to move to Canada, but the fact that you have to be a PR before you can even apply for Canadian fire jobs (and the fact that the position he's been offered here is with a prestigious department that would look great on his resume when he does later apply for Canadian departments) means we're kind of between a rock and a hard place. Given the strict requirements to maintain my U.S. Green Card, I was stunned to find out through reading here that it sounds like unlike in the U.S., Canadian PRs maintain their PR status indefinitely when living abroad as long as they're living with their Canadian spouse. It sounds too good to be true, but 1) is this true? And 2) If true, is it conceivable, reasonable, and legal that my husband could take his dream job here, still apply for Canadian PR, land in Canada once approved and apply for Canadian fire departments, then immediately come back to live in the U.S. and continue working for the department here indefinitely until he can land a job with a Canadian department? I guess in other words...is it really possible to have the best of both worlds? There's no question that we will be moving home to Canada at some point in time and at that point I'll be giving up my U.S. Green Card, so I'm wondering if it would be wisest to apply now and then not have to give up a good job here in the U.S. (and my American residency) until there's a guarantee of another one in Canada. If that's not a practical idea then I just want to know before we pay the fees.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for advice for many months now but haven't registered until now...sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if I'm supposed to make a new thread! I'm getting ready to send off the paperwork for outbound spousal application and wanted to clarify a couple of preliminary things before I do.

For a bit of background, I'm the Canadian and married an American 3 years ago. Because of his schooling, I moved to the USA while he completed it, but the plan has always been to move home to Canada and settle permanently, and now he's in the final year of his degree. However, he's been in school to become a firefighter and recently got offered a job with his dream department here in the States. He still wants to move to Canada, but the fact that you have to be a PR before you can even apply for Canadian fire jobs (and the fact that the position he's been offered here is with a prestigious department that would look great on his resume when he does later apply for Canadian departments) means we're kind of between a rock and a hard place. Given the strict requirements to maintain my U.S. Green Card, I was stunned to find out through reading here that it sounds like unlike in the U.S., Canadian PRs maintain their PR status indefinitely when living abroad as long as they're living with their Canadian spouse. It sounds too good to be true, but 1) is this true? And 2) If true, is it conceivable, reasonable, and legal that my husband could take his dream job here, still apply for Canadian PR, land in Canada once approved and apply for Canadian fire departments, then immediately come back to live in the U.S. and continue working for the department here indefinitely until he can land a job with a Canadian department? I guess in other words...is it really possible to have the best of both worlds? There's no question that we will be moving home to Canada at some point in time and at that point I'll be giving up my U.S. Green Card, so I'm wondering if it would be wisest to apply now and then not have to give up a good job here in the U.S. (and my American residency) until there's a guarantee of another one in Canada. If that's not a practical idea then I just want to know before we pay the fees.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!
Hi

As a Canadian sponsoring abroad, you would need to submit proof in the application that you are actually moving back to Canada when it is approved, not "at some point". You can try but without that proof, there is a definite chance of refusal.