canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Joyce_tosf said:
My question is should he check off "No" to the questions #20. Are you in a common-law relationship and #21. Are you in a conjugal partner relationship? Or just leave them blank?

According to him, the form won't even let him check off no, so I'm wondering if he should just do it by hand using a pen.
As stated directly on the form after question 19, "Go to question 24".

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
As stated directly on the form after question 19, "Go to question 24".
Haha thank you. I noticed that small writing after I posted this. We've left it blank. Thanks!

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question and I would truly appreciate it if someone can help me with it.
I've started writing at the back of our travel, engagement, wedding photos. I am the sponsor but I was just talking to a gentleman who sponsored his wife and he told me the applicant should write the explanation behind thr photos. Also, I have to mention the people from left to right on each photo. For example, I should number the people, 1,2,3 and etc and say who those people are.
The way that I've done it, I just put the date, the event and the summary of the people, for example my his husband, his siblings and their spouses or my aunt, cousins or uncles.. I haven't done any numbering or I haven't mention anyone from left to right??

I have never heard of this rule before. Is this a made up rule or should I follow it and order my pics again and write up the explanations again.
Many thanks in advance for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
aylar10 said:
I am the sponsor but I was just talking to a gentleman who sponsored his wife and he told me the applicant should write the explanation behind thr photos. Also, I have to mention the people from left to right on each photo. For example, I should number the people, 1,2,3 and etc and say who those people are.
Made up. Ignore the idiot that told you that.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
hey now, there might be some truth to what that person said. :p

labeling photos used to be a requirement listed in the older versions of the country specific guide for pakistan, bangladesh, korea, mongolia, and taiwan. i've been told that the newer guide no longer requires the applicant to label the photos as such, but i would still advise aylar10 to read the guide thoroughly just to be on the safe side.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
flx2015 said:
hey now, there might be some truth to what that person said. :p

labeling photos used to be a requirement listed in the older versions of the country specific guide for pakistan, bangladesh, korea, mongolia, and taiwan. i've been told that the newer guide no longer requires the applicant to label the photos as such, but i would still advise aylar10 to read the guide thoroughly just to be on the safe side.
canuck_in_uk said:
Thank you so much for your replies. I didn't see that requirement on our guide but I'll go through it one more time just to make sure I haven't missed any thing.

On a different note, my husband for some reason has just sent me the barcodes and the last page of the
IMM0008 form. Even though, I had told him to print everything, but he has just sent me those pages (annoying, maybe he thought, I could print them here in Canada). Should I ask him to send me everything again or I can print the rest of the papers and include them? Many many thanks again.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
aylar10 said:
Thank you so much for your replies. I didn't see that requirement on our guide but I'll go through it one more time just to make sure I haven't missed any thing.

On a different note, my husband for some reason has just sent me the barcodes and the last page of the
IMM0008 form. Even though, I had told him to print everything, but he has just sent me those pages (annoying, maybe he thought, I could print them here in Canada). Should I ask him to send me everything again or I can print the rest of the papers and include them? Many many thanks again.
Each time you validate the barcode form a different set of numbers will be in the bottom right corner.

They obviously all must match.

I am not entirely sure but I think your only way around having him send the rest of the papers is to have him save the form and email it to you so you can print the other pages with the same validation code.

To avoid having to ship many things separately you should wait until all forms are filled out then send him IMM1344 to sign and have him send everything back with it.

yeshmithra

Jul 25, 2016
Hello Everyone !!

I have got a quick question here. We have submitted all the completed documents to CIC and received AOR 1 & AOR 2. Now, we have received a letter from CIC informing us to do our CSQ also they are requesting for a copy of Police Certificate which we submitted earlier. Is that common for them to request for second time ? Do we need to send it again or?

Please advise us. Thank you.

vpushkarna

Aug 15, 2016
Spousal sponsorship_India processing times

Hey everyone,
I have applied for my wife's PR on Aug 4 and was wondering what is the latest trend for spousal visa processing time through India. On CIC website it shows 19 months but I have heard so many cases where it is being processed from 4 months to 12 months

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
ImABule said:
Each time you validate the barcode form a different set of numbers will be in the bottom right corner.

They obviously all must match.

I am not entirely sure but I think your only way around having him send the rest of the papers is to have him save the form and email it to you so you can print the other pages with the same validation code.

To avoid having to ship many things separately you should wait until all forms are filled out then send him IMM1344 to sign and have him send everything back with it.
Thank you so much ImBule..I can ask him to email me.. I am not sure why I did not even think of that myself :mad: we are okay with the rest of the forms (fingers crossed). Many thanks again.

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
susanrichards2015 said:
I love your response LOLOLOLOL 8)
[/quo

Really???? That's funny even more that you are laughing because a friend of mine just got interviewed and she was asked to name to people in the photos of their wedding party!!! Hmmmmm

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:

Re: Spousal sponsorship
« Reply #22660 on: August 15, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Quote from: susanrichards2015 on August 15, 2016, 12:16:49 pm
I love your response LOLOLOLOL Cool
[/quo

Really?Huh That's funny even more that you are laughing because a friend of mine just got interviewed and she was asked to name to people in the photos of their wedding party!!! Hmmmmm

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
Djl said:
Re: Spousal sponsorship
« Reply #22660 on: August 15, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Quote from: susanrichards2015 on August 15, 2016, 12:16:49 pm
I love your response LOLOLOLOL Cool
[/quo

Really?Huh That's funny even more that you are laughing because a friend of mine just got interviewed and she was asked to name to people in the photos of their wedding party!!! Hmmmmm
I like the members comment related to the question that was asked. There is a difference between naming people at a wedding party in an interview with a CIC officer and writing each persons name out on the back of a photo as if it is a requirement. The comment that was made related to the advice given to the member is hilarious to me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Djl said:
Hmmmm, try reading the original posts.

aylar10 was told that the sponsor shouldn't label the photos; only the applicant should write the labels. Not true.

aylar10 was told that people in the photos needed to be numbered and labelled left to right. Not true.

At no point did I or anyone else say that photos shouldn't be labelled.