+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

snooky007

Feb 15, 2013
Hi, I would appreciate inputs and advice on my current situation.
I have valid PR status till 2020 although I haven't been studying in England and intend to return to Canada next month. I got married in January this year and would like to sponsor my husband who is currently studying in England as well but is a Nigerian. He has a valid Canadian visitor's visa till September 2017 but I'll like him to stay back next February when we have our baby. I intend to get a job as soon as possible to I can show a source of income for the application. Do I need to have worked for 12months before I can sponsor him or can I send an application in as soon as he gets to Canada in February as long as I have a source of income.

Please I'll love to hear your suggestions. Thanksxxx

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can sponsor him as soon as you move back to Canada. A PR has to stay in Canada while sponsoring. Your husband can be outside Canada while you sponsor him, or he can come here to visit as he has a visa. You do not have to have been working for a year to sponsor - as long as the visa officer will believe you two will be able to support yourselves once your husband gets his PR, you can sponsor even without any income.