+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship referred to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Conference

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
Hi everyone,
My spousal sponsorship was denied in January this year when appealed - I received a letter from the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) in mid April saying my case has been transferred to:

1. A Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO) for the purpose of the ADR conference.
2. Someone from the IAD Registry Office will contact me by phone/ letter to set up a time for the conference.

I'm curious what to expect out of this ADR conference. Is there anyone out there went through this experience? Can you share please?

Also when can I expect to hear from them? It's over 8 weeks now and no one contacted me yet. :-(

Appreciate any feedback!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Choto said:
Hi everyone,
My spousal sponsorship was denied in January this year when appealed - I received a letter from the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) in mid April saying my case has been transferred to:

1. A Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO) for the purpose of the ADR conference.
2. Someone from the IAD Registry Office will contact me by phone/ letter to set up a time for the conference.

I'm curious what to expect out of this ADR conference. Is there anyone out there went through this experience? Can you share please?

Also when can I expect to hear from them? It's over 8 weeks now and no one contacted me yet. :-(

Appreciate any feedback!
Hello Choto, I did not personally go through this experience but my friend did. You will not hear for months and months but you may call them and find out some time lines. An ADR is a less formal experience than a full appeal. If you are unsuccessful at the ADR then you can request a full formal appeal. I have heard both good and bad about the ADR....I am not sure what the success rate is. It is faster to get a date there than an appeal date so that is good.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Hi Choto! You can go on this thread where you can find several answers:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html;msg1524594#msg1524594

Myself I did not get the ADR. I was given a date for full hearing.

Choto

Jun 7, 2012
KJG said:
Hello Choto, I did not personally go through this experience but my friend did. You will not hear for months and months but you may call them and find out some time lines. An ADR is a less formal experience than a full appeal. If you are unsuccessful at the ADR then you can request a full formal appeal. I have heard both good and bad about the ADR....I am not sure what the success rate is. It is faster to get a date there than an appeal date so that is good.
Thanks KJG - what was the outcome of your friends case? Do you know how long he/she had to wait to get the conference date (from the time of the letter)? How was your friend treated during the conference (I hope it would be better than the consulate - back home ;--)?

Appreciate your time!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Choto said:
Thanks KJG - what was the outcome of your friends case? Do you know how long he/she had to wait to get the conference date (from the time of the letter)? How was your friend treated during the conference (I hope it would be better than the consulate - back home ;--)?

Appreciate your time!
It was approximately 8 months before she got her ADR date and when she went there they were very nice but unfortunately for her when the moderator reviewed her file said she should not be here....complications...gave her some advice and talked to her quite a bit.........now the full appeal did not fare well......mind you she did not hire a lawyer she had no idea what she took on till she got there and was ripped apart by the immigration counsel....I was there as her witness and was questioned as well.....unfortunately they were denied and she will have to resubmit....I think if she would have seen this site before attempting to do everything on her own and was more knowledgeable about the process or what to expect than her outcome would have been different. Apparently she failed to prove she had a bona fide relationship even though at that time they have been married two years.....they will be married 4 years this august and she is now waiting to see how i do before she reapplies

er_vj21

Jun 2, 2012
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
Doc's Request.
09-02-2012
Interview........
01-08-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2012
Hello guys,
I would like to get some information about ADR and then related processes.
1. Do we get ADR meeting after we make an appeal?
2. What they check in ADR meeting? How long it takes to get an ADR meeting? What kind of decision they take in ADR, do they decide about issuing visa?
3. What if they do not decide about visa and also they stop us from going into full appeal? Do we have to reapply?
Help will be appreciated. Thanks all.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
er_vj21 said:
Hello guys,
I would like to get some information about ADR and then related processes.
1. Do we get ADR meeting after we make an appeal?
2. What they check in ADR meeting? How long it takes to get an ADR meeting? What kind of decision they take in ADR, do they decide about issuing visa?
3. What if they do not decide about visa and also they stop us from going into full appeal? Do we have to reapply?
Help will be appreciated. Thanks all.
1. It is up to the appeal board whether or not they think your file is suitable for ADR....this is their choice not yours and yes the decision is done after the appeal is filed.

2. They specifically concentrate on the reasons for denial. It can take up to 6 to 8 months to get an ADR DATE. At the ADR they decide whether or not the reason for denial should stand. If they upturn the decision your file goes back to the VO for processing.....if they stay with the decision of the VO then you go to full appeal.

3. If the ADR does not turn out in your favour you will go to full appeal if you desire and no you do not need to reapply.

Hope this helps.

er_vj21

Jun 2, 2012
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
Doc's Request.
09-02-2012
Interview........
01-08-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2012
OK thanks for your reply.
So if the appeal board decides that we can't make an appeal, then we have to reapply?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
er_vj21 said:
OK thanks for your reply.
So if the appeal board decides that we can't make an appeal, then we have to reapply?
no......if you go to ADR and lose your case there...you are eligible for full appeal....it is your choice......

sierose

Mar 9, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My first stage of approval was denied...what should i do( spousal sponsorship inland)

How to appeal? please can somebody help me about this...im worried i might go back to my country..

Sierose