+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Vic000

Dec 1, 2017
Hello and Salam to all!

I am March 2017 applicant, I have just joined this forum and am really glad to see people helping each other out in best possible way!

I have received a PFL and visa officer has raised following objections on my application, would really appreciate if people can suggest a way forward:

- Bride not living with groom & family after rukhsati (My wife is a full time student in canada so she left after few days of the marriage)
- Rukhsati ceremony dont appear to follow traditional norms like Quran is not held over bride's head at the time of rukhsati (We dont have rukhsati pics, we had a small ceremony at home following nikkah at mosque and then a combine walima/reception event at hall)
- Wedding reception photos not showing that large no. of guests attended the event which is apparent deviation of cultural norms (the event was attended by around 350 guest, however we only have pics of us sitting on stage with family and relatives)

@MM345

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
I sent that info in response to the PFL number 1. I had submitted this info initially and mentioned we were second cousins. Lvo didn't understand so they asked to explain it. That's when I put info of my great-grandfather and all etc. We laughed when we wrote the final description. It literally felt like the pahayli in junior school that my friends used to ask us......."Aslam akram ka baap hy aur akram aslam kay baap ka daish________ hy":p:p:p:p Kabhi sunni ye pahayli?? if u know the answer then u should get ppr most definitely inshAllah :)
InshaALLAH. Yes i have heard that one :). They did not ask us to explain anything. I just found out that from my notes that he recommended interview because of this.

TM87

Nov 8, 2017
KARACHI
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi all,
Anyone has any idea how interview queue works?
Bcz some May applicants alreay had their interviews and some have it on Dec 5th and some on Jan10th and some May applicants have no interview date yet (like us)

So any idea how interview queue works ?:(
All depend on there mood .I am also May Applicant 2017..now waiting ...second PFL Submitted...background in process since July 312017

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Hello and Salam to all!

I am March 2017 applicant, I have just joined this forum and am really glad to see people helping each other out in best possible way!

I have received a PFL and visa officer has raised following objections on my application, would really appreciate if people can suggest a way forward:

- Bride not living with groom & family after rukhsati (My wife is a full time student in canada so she left after few days of the marriage)
- Rukhsati ceremony dont appear to follow traditional norms like Quran is not held over bride's head at the time of rukhsati (We dont have rukhsati pics, we had a small ceremony at home following nikkah at mosque and then a combine walima/reception event at hall)
- Wedding reception photos not showing that large no. of guests attended the event which is apparent deviation of cultural norms (the event was attended by around 350 guest, however we only have pics of us sitting on stage with family and relatives)

@MM345
Sorry to hear about the PFL. It's pain in the behind but please take this opportunity to explain to them in detail about every concern. Did you make any videos during the ceremony? If not, then see if any of your family members had taken any pictures of gathering or mobile videos and you can take screen shots from the video to submit pictures of guests. Asking for pics with Quran on the head is ludicrous but not something unheard off. We didn't do that in our rukhsati and didn't submit such pics even with pfl but explained that we didn't follow that particular Pakistani tradition in our family. We submitted limited walima pics and receipts etc. Even if they ask stupid questions in pfl, we never ignored addressing those. Our replies were very explicit and it worked on them. You can also submit affidavit and letter of support from friends and family who attended the event.

Reactions: Vic000 and posse

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
InshaALLAH. Yes i have heard that one :). They did not ask us to explain anything. I just found out that from my notes that he recommended interview because of this.
Consider sending them a family tree and letter of explanation if this is the only red flag in their eyes. You can mention that you read about it in GCMS notes of the officer and felt the need to explain it prior to the interview. You never know if they understand you then thy might skip your interview. It's worth the try.

Reactions: jahanzaibkh

Vic000

Dec 1, 2017
Sorry to hear about the PFL. It's pain in the behind but please take this opportunity to explain to them in detail about every concern. Did you make any videos during the ceremony? If not, then see if any of your family members had taken any pictures of gathering or mobile videos and you can take screen shots from the video to submit pictures of guests. Asking for pics with Quran on the head is ludicrous but not something unheard off. We didn't do that in our rukhsati and didn't submit such pics even with pfl but explained that we didn't follow that particular Pakistani tradition in our family. We submitted limited walima pics and receipts etc. Even if they ask stupid questions in pfl, we never ignored addressing those. Our replies were very explicit and it worked on them. You can also submit affidavit and letter of support from friends and family who attended the event.
Thanks. Will definitely try to get more pics. One more thing what to write in affidavits and letters of support you mentioned.

kalibilli

Dec 1, 2017
Assalamu Alaikum everyone, should I update my address if it has changed? I already did so with the Canada Revenue Agency. I was reading on here how an applicant updated their address and their spouse was called in for an interview. They were asked why the address was changed. I just don't want anything to prolong this already lengthy process.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hello and Salam to all!

@MM345
1) How many days did ur wife stay with you post marriage? Was she on leaves from Uni? You can submit relevant docs..leave from Uni and receipt of fee for the semester.

2)Explain that this is not mandatory in our religion. Its just a cultural tradition and its up to the brides family whether they want to follow it or not. And your wife's family does not believe in it. Both your families mutually decided to have a religious ceremony Nikkah in the mosque and from there the Rukhsati happened. Explain that Rukhsati means Bridal send off to thr Grooms house. Maybe any of your family members have videos or pics of she getting in your car or both of you getting off from the car. Explain regarding the combined function post Nikkah.

3. Tell them that 350 people attended the wedding reception. Prove this by attaching the receipt of the banquet hall. Also if you have no photos of people in the hall, you might have had video recording. Take screenshots from that. Any photos with guests?

Reactions: Vic000

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Assalamu Alaikum everyone, should I update my address if it has changed? I already did so with the Canada Revenue Agency. I was reading on here how an applicant updated their address and their spouse was called in for an interview. They were asked why the address was changed. I just don't want anything to prolong this already lengthy process.
That applicant was called for an interview because there was a big age difference between them not because of address change. The officer only asked the applicant regarding address change to assess how much knowledge she has regarding her husbands new house etc.

It is very important to update CIC of change in addresses of both sponsor and applicant at all times because these addresses appear on the passport request letter and confirmation of permanent residence when your application is approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatima_0508

Vic000

Dec 1, 2017
1) How many days did ur wife stay with you post marriage? Was she on leaves from Uni? You can submit relevant docs..leave from Uni and receipt of fee for the semester.

2)Explain that this is not mandatory in our religion. Its just a cultural tradition and its up to the brides family whether they want to follow it or not. And your wife's family does not believe in it. Both your families mutually decided to have a religious ceremony Nikkah in the mosque and from there the Rukhsati happened. Explain that Rukhsati means Bridal send off to thr Grooms house. Maybe any of your family members have videos or pics of she getting in your car or both of you getting off from the car. Explain regarding the combined function post Nikkah.

3. Tell them that 350 people attended the wedding reception. Prove this by attaching the receipt of the banquet hall. Also if you have no photos of people in the hall, you might have had video recording. Take screenshots from that. Any photos with guests?
Thanks for the response.

1. She lived for like 9 days (2 days out of which we spent in dubai), she had her previous semester finished and her new semester started like 2 days before she left.Will try to include fee receipt.

2. Unfortunately, we dont have pics of her leaving the house or sitting in the car, but we did submit photos taken with family at the rukhsati ceremony like cake cutting, gifts given to bride and groom etc.

3. We had photos with family members and relatives on stage and hall which were submitted. But, dont have pics with distance relatives or other guests.

Also, please suggest if I engage a lawyer at this stage will it help my cause?

m.2055

Dec 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Hey everyone! I am new here. I recently applied for spousal sponsorship through a representative. Our application was recieved on the 26th October. How long does it take for AOR1 and sponsor approval to come? I heard it's usually around a month but its been more than that in our case and no news yet :(

kalibilli

Dec 1, 2017
That applicant was called for an interview because there was a big age difference between them not because of address change. The officer only asked the applicant regarding address change to assess how much knowledge she has regarding her husbands new house etc.

It is very important to update CIC of change in addresses of both sponsor and applicant at all times because these addresses appear on the passport request letter and confirmation of permanent residence when your application is approved.
Thanks for clarifying this for me. Should I use the IRCC Webform - London to update my address or just go to a visa office?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Thanks for the response.

1. She lived for like 9 days (2 days out of which we spent in dubai), she had her previous semester finished and her new semester started like 2 days before she left.Will try to include fee receipt.

2. Unfortunately, we dont have pics of her leaving the house or sitting in the car, but we did submit photos taken with family at the rukhsati ceremony like cake cutting, gifts given to bride and groom etc.

3. We had photos with family members and relatives on stage and hall which were submitted. But, dont have pics with distance relatives or other guests.

Also, please suggest if I engage a lawyer at this stage will it help my cause?
1. She must have records of her classes and fees online. Pull that out. Did u provide dubai trip proofs and pictures last time?

Nope. Lawyers are a nightmare. Go and ask your relatives cousins for videos photos they might have to gelp your case. Do you have banquet hall receip?

Reactions: Vic000