None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi ,
The status on my wife's CIC account is of "Decision made" and it say that there has been a correspondence on Nov. 16th, 2017 and we are supposed to reply as soon as possible. However it has been more than 15 days but neither she nor I have not received any email or postal letter. I have sent emails to LVO as well as web-form inquiry about the issue but no reply so far.
Today I called the call center and the message was "We do not need interview and we will ask for additional documents if required; currently we are doing background check".
The point I am bit confused about is if there is "decision made" and "there has been a correspondence" status while background checking is going on; what is the really going on? Anyone has any idea of what is going on, please tell or kindly share if anyone have been through the experience please. Thank you
Are you sure the Decision Made is on the Pricipal Applicant side?
Do you have a lawyer, looks like you have missed the correspondence of Nov 16. Email LVO with "URGENT-Awaiting correspondence " subject, quote your application number and find out

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
As a lawyer I might take offence to that lol! but then again, I know many lawyer in GTA have ruined our reputation :( Kuch ache log hain abhi is duniya mein :p
Sorry Bhai/Behan! We have come across some really bad immigration lawyers thru this forum.

Reactions: pluspc

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Reactions: pluspc

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Thanks for the response.

1. She lived for like 9 days (2 days out of which we spent in dubai), she had her previous semester finished and her new semester started like 2 days before she left.Will try to include fee receipt.

2. Unfortunately, we dont have pics of her leaving the house or sitting in the car, but we did submit photos taken with family at the rukhsati ceremony like cake cutting, gifts given to bride and groom etc.

3. We had photos with family members and relatives on stage and hall which were submitted. But, dont have pics with distance relatives or other guests.

Also, please suggest if I engage a lawyer at this stage will it help my cause?
Hey, just a suggestion. I didn’t have a lot of rukhsati photos as well. I ended up sending screenshots of the professional video. So maybe you can do the same if someone made a video of the rukhsati. Best wishes!

Reactions: Vic000

mux

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Updated information on mycic:
We do not need additional documents
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

They update the background check line on mycic today but actually background check started earlier as email reply from LVO revealed that my application is under background check.

Reactions: MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Okay. Will definitely try.
Another thing, My wife hasn't visited me cuz of her Uni, so how will it sounds like if she visits me now?
May we add your details to the 2017 spreadsheet?

mux

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Thanks for the response.

1. She lived for like 9 days (2 days out of which we spent in dubai), she had her previous semester finished and her new semester started like 2 days before she left.Will try to include fee receipt.

2. Unfortunately, we dont have pics of her leaving the house or sitting in the car, but we did submit photos taken with family at the rukhsati ceremony like cake cutting, gifts given to bride and groom etc.

3. We had photos with family members and relatives on stage and hall which were submitted. But, dont have pics with distance relatives or other guests.

Also, please suggest if I engage a lawyer at this stage will it help my cause?
You can also take the letters from your friends and family members who attended the wedding ceremony

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply.
When did you submit yours? Also can you tell me how much before the sponsor approval does the AOR comes?
i submitted mine oct 17th, 2017

the AOR comes after about 6-7 weeks of submitting the application. There is no timeline for sponsor approval, sometimes it comes right after AOR or sometimes they send it after a few weeks. no exact timing and no pattern

kmood

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Welcome to this thread. Go to the 2017 spreadsheet (link in my signature) to see everyones timelines.
Hello MM345,
I just went through your spreadsheet and i must say you have really done an amazing job in compiling all that data for all the viewers.

I have recently applied for my wife's sponsorship too and have submitted all the documentation without the help of a representative. I submitted my application on the 6th November 2017 which has been received in Mississauga the next day according to my courier service.

Now its just a waiting game, lets see how long it takes for them to send me a acknowledgment letter that they have received the documents so i'm able to link my application to my online account.

Thanks again will be visiting this post often to update the community of my process.

Cheers!

Last edited:

mahdi82

Nov 17, 2017
Are you sure the Decision Made is on the Pricipal Applicant side?
Do you have a lawyer, looks like you have missed the correspondence of Nov 16. Email LVO with "URGENT-Awaiting correspondence " subject, quote your application number and find out
Thanks a lot, Yup I am sure and I check it on daily basis and the same status "Decision made" status is there. We do not have any lawyer or representative. I have send an email to LVO around a week ago but no response so far. I am worried that there are confusing statements at the same time as my understanding is decision made status mean that background check is already done and we are in the final stage of PPR and it LVO requires a month to respond any document requirments or passport from us otherwise we may loose the status.
Anyways thanks again, let's hope and pray something better comes out inshaAllah.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Update on our Urdu Nikah Nama Request from CIC:

My MP's rep just called. CIC told her that the PA should upload a letter explaining their situation to MyCIC instead. So MP rep suggested we explain our reasons and all the efforts we tried in retrieving the Urdu NN from the officiator and Registrar (a bunch of money hungry losers :mad:) anyway, that is what we are doing now. Just a detailed letter explaining why we chose the English NN to register our marriage (it's easier to understand) and to what lengths we went to try and get a hold of the Urdu forms we signed, explaining in multiple places that it is a redundant piece of document as English NN is registered and is a legally recognized document.

anyone who has issues similar to ours, feel free to contact me and we can help you better. I would also ask the admins to include something along those lines in the spreadsheet so that those stuck in our situation don't do something as idiotic as send urdu translation or sign new urdu forms. (because LOTS of people will tell you to do that!). And yes involve your MP. Good Luck to all.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Update on our Urdu Nikah Nama Request from CIC:

My MP's rep just called. CIC told her that the PA should upload a letter explaining their situation to MyCIC instead. So MP rep suggested we explain our reasons and all the efforts we tried in retrieving the Urdu NN from the officiator and Registrar (a bunch of money hungry losers :mad:) anyway, that is what we are doing now. Just a detailed letter explaining why we chose the English NN to register our marriage (it's easier to understand) and to what lengths we went to try and get a hold of the Urdu forms we signed, explaining in multiple places that it is a redundant piece of document as English NN is registered and is a legally recognized document.

anyone who has issues similar to ours, feel free to contact me and we can help you better. I would also ask the admins to include something along those lines in the spreadsheet so that those stuck in our situation don't do something as idiotic as send urdu translation or sign new urdu forms. (because LOTS of people will tell you to do that!). And yes involve your MP. Good Luck to all.
i should say LVO is Lakeer ke fakeer..:D:p

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
i should say LVO is Lakeer ke fakeer..:D:p
The thing is, and I mentioned this earlier, they aren't going to reject applications on this basis, they just need an explanation as to why you are missing a document that is on their checklist. Best is for couples to give an explanation letter upfront with their application instead wait like we did for CIC to request it.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
The thing is, and I mentioned this earlier, they aren't going to reject applications on this basis, they just need an explanation as to why you are missing a document that is on their checklist. Best is for couples to give an explanation letter upfront with their application instead wait like we did for CIC to request it.
OR go for signing Urdu NN and also provide a certified English translation of Urdu NN , like i did :D:D:p

matrix123

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello! All. Sorry for the noob question. My rukhsati is coming up and am sponsoring my wife. We are doing two separate dholkis, baraat and valima. Can someone please do a run down of what all should I focus on in terms of documentation, pics, etc to streamline the process. JazakAllah to you all