15-06-17

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
My observation about return of COPR is that the last return was on Nov 17 for an application who submitted passport on 06 Nov. Complete balckout after this date. Is it because of on going interviews OR due to DHARNA at Islamabad or lethargy of embassy staff?????
Some people think the dharna has something to do with it, but I don't see how that would affect office affairs. They just have a heavier work load these days. Also, most people on the spreadsheet have waited around 2 weeks to get a reply, so hopefully we'll all be hearing back soon ;).

Reactions: mmoin and MM345

fsiddiqui

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
thnx for this reply! Interview held in English or Urdu? if in English then what if PA can't speak english? They asks question in urdu then? or provide an interpreter?
did she look all evidence that you guys took? Wedding albums, pics, whatsapp and skype chats? also interview of you and your wife held separately or together? how much time she spent on each of you? did u go to Islamabad with your wife from Canada only for her interview? or they also called you for an interview as you are a sponsor.? please provide some details
So this is how it worked with us. When we went in, we handed all our documents to the guy at the reception window. They asked my wife (PA) if she wants to do the interview in English or Urdu. She picked English but other people who picked Urdu were provided with an interpreter. Then we waited for about 2 hours (we got there early). When it was out turn, my wife was called in. She was interviewed for about 45 minutes. Then she came out and I was asked to go in. I was there for about 20 minutes. The officer had already reviewed all our documents before even calling us in. Hard to say how much she looked at but she did ask us some questions about it so she must have at least skimmed through the chat. We had also put sticky notes on stuff to organize it.

And yeah I wasn't asked to be at the interview, but they did say if I'm not in Pakistan, I should be available on the phone. I didn't want to leave anything to chance so I flew back for a week.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I had totally forgotten about ECAS. I just checked but unfortunately no change yet.
ok. keep checking it and let us know when there is DM on the principal applicant side.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
So this is how it worked with us. When we went in, we handed all our documents to the guy at the reception window. They asked my wife (PA) if she wants to do the interview in English or Urdu. She picked English but other people who picked Urdu were provided with an interpreter. Then we waited for about 2 hours (we got there early). When it was out turn, my wife was called in. She was interviewed for about 45 minutes. Then she came out and I was asked to go in. I was there for about 20 minutes. The officer had already reviewed all our documents before even calling us in. Hard to say how much she looked at but she did ask us some questions about it so she must have at least skimmed through the chat. We had also put sticky notes on stuff to organize it.

And yeah I wasn't asked to be at the interview, but they did say if I'm not in Pakistan, I should be available on the phone. I didn't want to leave anything to chance so I flew back for a week.
Thanks for sharing the interview experience.

Reactions: khancanada

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
@MianMA @posse @MM345 Thank you all for your help. Husband will visit the Union Council tomorrow morning and get a copy of the Urdu NN.

@posse we only got the English NN for that reason and that Urdu one had such motay motay words in it, even the hubby was confused! Kher all the best to everyone else and best to get a copy of the Urdu NN right now and send it in voluntarily or when they ask whichever you prefer, but at least have it all sorted out before hand. Good luck :)

Reactions: MM345

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Hey guys,
Some more calculations--this time about COPR return :D!
These are approximate values based on the last 15 COPRs on the spreadsheet:
  • Average time between PPR and COPR return: 12 days
  • Almost 70% of people got COPR within 2 weeks
  • Keep in mind that some people submitted their passports a few days after PPR, so the real average is actually lower
It's been 6 days since the last COPR on the spreadsheet. Even if there's no movement on Friday, there should definitely be some COPRs received early next week. The average may go up a bit since it's a busier time for the embassy, but only by a few days.

Reactions: maq_33 and MM345

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Immigration officers think it is possible that someone agrees to marry a person who was once alrrady married only to enter into Canada.
I don't think so this could be the real reason. I am seeing PA callied for an interview even he or she got married first time. Why they are calling first time marriage cases as well for an interview.? beside this, there are so many examples / cases, where first time marriage PA landed to Canada...and run away with someone else..even same day of their landing from airport OR after few days / weeks.

Reactions: AHC

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Wish you all the best!

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
You can get it feom union councel where the nikkah took place. Also you can check with the same qazi sb who was at your nikkah they usually carry that register and then rhey register it with union council. Fet that nikkah nama in urdu and make copies also certify true copy n notorized keep then with u just in case. I dont know if they asked for original or certified true copy.
LVO asked me to send the urdu nakah nama with english translation... but i have the only english nama nama.. not the urdu one.. i just wrote the letter to explain them that i have the only english nakah nama

Reactions: AHC

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I don't think so this could be the real reason. I am seeing PA callied for an interview even he or she got married first time. Why they are calling first time marriage cases as well for an interview.? beside this, there are so many examples / cases, where first time marriage PA landed to Canada...and run away with someone else..even same day of their landing from airport OR after few days / weeks.
I was asked for a reason and i gave that. Dont be offended plz.