+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey. I just contacted an IRCC member immigration agent. He is saying that no certified notary copies needed. Only the affidavit for translating a document will be notarized. What are your thoughts?
Read the complete guide.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the complete guide.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

This is what certified true copies mean:

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Applicants themselves or members of their family may not certify copies of your documents. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

This is what translation of Documents includes:

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• his or her name,
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Applicants themselves or members of their family may not certify copies of your documents. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Translation of documents

• an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

In Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Yes sir this is true. But I am not translating any documents. As pe the site

Translation of documents

In Canada:

• a notary public

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public

So in my understanding the certified copy is needed if we are translating a document. Which I am not as my Nikkah Nama was in english already.

What are your thoughts on this sir?

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Translation of documents

In Canada:

• a notary public

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public

So in my understanding the certified copy is needed if we are translating a document. Which I am not as my Nikkah Nama was in english already.

You have to submit photocopies of everything right. Those photocopies must be "certified" by a notary public (outside pakistan). As simple as that.

marrichan

Oct 2, 2016
hi PA 's PCC will expires September 22, hence LVO started BGC Aug 3. Is there any possibility that they will request for a new PCC ? im just worried that they will ask again just like the medical requested Aug3 we also submitted upfront last April. thanks

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Translation or no translation, all photocopies of important documents must be CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES. Since they dont ask to submit originals anymore, you must submit certified photocopies. Iska ka tareeqa-e-kaar uuper mention hai.

Translation of documents

In Canada:

• a notary public

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Translation or no translation, all photocopies of important documents must be CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES. Since they dont ask to submit originals anymore, you must submit certified photocopies. Iska ka tareeqa-e-kaar uuper mention hai.
I thought the same to be honest. But, I am told by a member who actually did the spousal immigration himself from Pak and did not submit any notary copies. His file was accepted and processed in 2017 without any rejection.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought the same to be honest. But, I am told by a member who actually did the spousal immigration himself from Pak and did not submit any notary copies. His file was accepted and processed in 2017 without any rejection.
Its your choice to beleive lawyers/applicants vs what has been explicitly stated by IRCC in their guide.

PAuaePakTor

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
hi PA 's PCC will expires September 22, hence LVO started BGC Aug 3. Is there any possibility that they will request for a new PCC ? im just worried that they will ask again just like the medical requested Aug3 we also submitted upfront last April. thanks
No they usually do not ask for a new PCC unless it is older than a year.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Another point to note that for some cases it might pass without notarized but very rarely. So a suggestion is to follow the IRCC guide. Good luck
Hmm... I don't think we notarized crap. From what I remember, nothing had any stamp or writing from a "notary" official "certifying" it as a true copy. Guess I'll figure out soon whether or not it matters o_O.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

MahaAtif

Jul 14, 2017

Certified true copies

• his or her name,
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?

In Canada:

• a notary public

Outside Canada:

• a notary public

Translation of documents

In Canada:

• a notary public

Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
if notarized copies and affidavits are not sent with original file, are they supposed to be requested by cic or VO?

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if notarized copies and affidavits are not sent with original file, are they supposed to be requested by cic or VO?
Time will tell. May be they will, may be they won't. Don't worry too much about it. If they do request you to send some copies again.. in the worst case scenario, it will only add 3-4 weeks to processing time.
All important ID docs photocopies should be notarized (and certified as true copies.)

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

zar123

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hello guys, my wife from Canada BC applied to Sponsor me from Pakistan. She applied on Octber 03/2016. By the coming october 2017 we will have one year completed. Our file is now in Lndn Visa office. London visa contacted me by 13/08/2017 and asked for Urdu Nikkah Nima wwich was dispatched. Would you guys please guide me whats going on and for how I shall wait ahead? Regards.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, my wife from Canada BC applied to Sponsor me from Pakistan. She applied on Octber 03/2016. By the coming october 2017 we will have one year completed. Our file is now in Lndn Visa office. London visa contacted me by 13/08/2017 and asked for Urdu Nikkah Nima wwich was dispatched. Would you guys please guide me whats going on and for how I shall wait ahead? Regards.
Ask your sponsor to Order your GCMS Notes. Will give you insights into what's happening with your file. LVO is notorious for taking too long to attach additional docs to file. So the Nikkah nama you sent, chances are it may have only recently been attached to your file or will be attached in a weeks time. So yeah, order notes.