+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am new to here, but I have an urgent question.

I am out of status for 4 years before I apply inland sponsorship application. I got AIP letter half a year again. Recently I got a letter from CIC requires me go to CBSA to rectify my immigration status in 30 days. I was a failed refugee claimants, so I believe I have a remove order since that.

Does anybody have the same situation that I share with me?I am afraid go to CBSA as I don’t know what will happen next.
If they wanted to deport you, it would have been done long time but for the sponsorship application in place they would wait till final decision is taken,. If you already have AIP then it would be that they want you to clear yourself with CBSA first before they would let you land and so you must go there with the AIP. GOOD LUCK

Good111

Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for replying me, everyone! As I am very nervous as have a daughter who is 2 years old, if CBSA deport me as fast as they can, I will be frustrated as I need to separate with my daughter. BTW one more question, do you guys give passport to CBSA when you see them?

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Thanks for replying me, everyone! As I am very nervous as have a daughter who is 2 years old, if CBSA deport me as fast as they can, I will be frustrated as I need to separate with my daughter. BTW one more question, do you guys give passport to CBSA when you see them?
They keep the passport in case they need to remove you in the future. If its going to be expird before you get your PR then your going to have a problem because they don't give passport back to you for renewal and you need a valid passport for your landing. If your passport if fine then when u need it for your landing CIC will request it from them.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
CBSA Update

Got a call this morning from the CBSA lady. She told me that she's going to close my file because she talk to CIC and they updated her about my file. She didn' say what they told her though but she say CIC will contact me. So happy they are going to leave me alone. Hopefully when I go for my next sign in they tell me I don' need to continue anymore.:)

Good111

Apr 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I still cannot understand why I should go to CBSA meet them first, then CIC can keep working on my sponsor application? When i go to CBSA, the officer cannot waive the order as it had became enforced due to my failed refugee claim; the only thing they can do is deferral the order or give me certain time to leave. So my question is what information should I get from them to show CIC that they can keep working my application? Do you have any ideas about these?

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I still cannot understand why I should go to CBSA meet them first, then CIC can keep working on my sponsor application? When i go to CBSA, the officer cannot waive the order as it had became enforced due to my failed refugee claim; the only thing they can do is deferral the order or give me certain time to leave. So my question is what information should I get from them to show CIC that they can keep working my application? Do you have any ideas about these?
I think you will be fine bcz u already have AIP

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

You need to go to clear the warrant of arrest .they will give you a paper to show u went there that u submit to cicc.you dont to worry,with Aip they cannot deport you.its part of procedure before they land you to clear out any outstanding issues with cbsa.trust me u dont need a lawyer with aip.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
I did not know they phone.was it a private number?
No the one working on my file called it wasn't private
I did not know they phone.was it a private number?
No it wasnt' private. I didnt realise that I got AIP email that morning from my lawyer and didn't see it until after I got the call in the evening. I got a call to say they have approve my work permit and if I want to come pick it up. Because I didn' know about the AIP email I thought that call was to say I was approved in principle:p but it was just about the work permit.

Reactions: Sikuya

Good111

Apr 17, 2019
You need to go to clear the warrant of arrest .they will give you a paper to show u went there that u submit to cicc.you dont to worry,with Aip they cannot deport you.its part of procedure before they land you to clear out any outstanding issues with cbsa.trust me u dont need a lawyer with aip.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether they will ask lots questions about my life after I failed my refugee claim? I failed 6 years ago, I know a lawyer cannot help me a lot when I go to CBSA, but if something happened, they need to talk with lawyer on my behalf.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hi.
I am 2018 April 20 applicant. It will be exactly 12months on this Friday. However They are still processing my background.
Can you share your timeline? Are you waiting for landing interview? You will get soon.
wish you luck.
Hi my timeline are the following:
Oct 26, 2017 application received
May 1, 2018 medical request both dependent and p.a
Mid of May 2018 dependent and p.a both pass medical
Sept 2018 p.a passed eligibility
December 14 2018 DM both PA and SA
UNTIL NOW NO INTERVIEW IS SET. It’s been 4months since application was finalized. I’m on the end of my patience. It just boils my blood whenever I think how unfair it is for me.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Hi my timeline are the following:
Oct 26, 2017 application received
May 1, 2018 medical request both dependent and p.a
Mid of May 2018 dependent and p.a both pass medical
Sept 2018 p.a passed eligibility
December 14 2018 DM both PA and SA
UNTIL NOW NO INTERVIEW IS SET. It’s been 4months since application was finalized. I’m on the end of my patience. It just boils my blood whenever I think how unfair it is for me.
Just be patient your case is literally completed, they would call you for your pr. There are lots of people who hasn't received SA and AIP yet they still have hope.be patient and wait.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Just be patient your case is literally completed, they would call you for your pr. There are lots of people who hasn't received SA and AIP yet they still have hope.be patient and wait.
I’m trying my very best to be patient.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I’m trying my very best to be patient.
To be told that the local office will contact within 3 months since DM and every time I call I’ve been told to wait on until this date and that date and to received a response email to wait again until April 19 and nothing still happened, I’m just way annoyed.