+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Not at all. I’m past 3 months too. They should contac me within 3months of getting DM (that’s what the agent told me) but didn’t hear anything from them. Agent and email keep on saying mid March then now April 19. There is nothing more for the application I don’t know why it has to take this long.
My wife finally got scheduled for landing interview on May 3 for Permanent Residency at Vancouver office.

Abundance2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
I just want to share my timeline with those of you who are still waiting. I am at the 18th month and I know how horrible it feels.

Sept 2017 -- App received
Nov 2017 -- AOR
Nov 2017 -- Schedule A& Police Certificate request
April, 2018 -- Med request
July 2018 -- Schedule A request again
Aug 2018 -- DM for SA
Sept 2018 -- File transferred to local office in Vancouver
Feb 2019 -- Police Certificate request again
March 2019 -- Relationship Interview request
April 2019 -- Relationship Interview done
Hi, can you tell me how your interview went, what were some of the questions they asked

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I just want to share my timeline with those of you who are still waiting. I am at the 18th month and I know how horrible it feels.

Nov 2017 -- AOR
Aug 2018 -- DM for SA

Nov 2017 -- AOR
Aug 2018 -- DM for SA
Congrats. It seems like there is hope.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Has anyone on here went to the CBSA removal hearing without a lawyer? If yes how was it with the questions? Would it be better to retain a lawyer or it can be done without? My lawyer seem to be backing out now for some reason. Just days before and I don' want to stress myself out.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Has anyone on here went to the CBSA removal hearing without a lawyer? If yes how was it with the questions? Would it be better to retain a lawyer or it can be done without? My lawyer seem to be backing out now for some reason. Just days before and I don' want to stress myself out.
My husband went without lawyer , they gave him option to do PRRA .

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
My husband went without lawyer , they gave him option to do PRRA .
I'm a bit scared to go without a lawyer because ive heard that they ask a lot of questions. My lawyer is charging us $1500 dollars which I also think is too much as we only have one income and been going through this application process since Nov 2017. PRRA ive read about it but don' think that would apply to me in anyway.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I'm a bit scared to go without a lawyer because ive heard that they ask a lot of questions. My lawyer is charging us $1500 dollars which I also think is too much as we only have one income and been going through this application process since Nov 2017. PRRA ive read about it but don' think that would apply to me in anyway.
Have you started a spousal application already? If so, don't hire a lawyer, you'd throwing money away, they will wait to have an answer on your application to remove or leave you alone.

Could you share about your situation a bit more? Perhaps someone could have a better answer.

But, as Far as I could understand. I also went to CBSA, over a year ago, got an exclusion order that same day and waived PRRA and I am still waiting.

hquiseo

Mar 28, 2019
Hi, I need some advice please.
My current wife a permanent resident (legally married to me and have a child already born on march 2019) will apply for Inland sponsorship for me here in Canada, we been living since march of 2017, Marriage breakdown from my ex-wife was on 2016 , I am divorce from previous wife who never came to Canada ever since, divorce was granted on December of 2018 . As far as I know my ex wife tried to apply for open work permit made outside Canada and visitors visa for my son on October 2017 because I was a skilled worker that time but it was refused as per my sister.

Would my ex spouse work permit application and my son's visitors visa application at that time will affect my inland sponsorship with my current wife being the sponsor? knowing that I have already a common law on march 2017, will the CIC examine my ex spouse and son in respect to our inland spousal sponsorship?

Would CIC consider my son as non accompanying as my ex spouse is pretty sure will not cooperate with a medical for my son, if yes, what documents should i present then? affidavits from Philippines or in canada?

Please thank you in advance!

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Have you started a spousal application already? If so, don't hire a lawyer, you'd throwing money away, they will wait to have an answer on your application to remove or leave you alone.

Could you share about your situation a bit more? Perhaps someone could have a better answer.

But, as Far as I could understand. I also went to CBSA, over a year ago, got an exclusion order that same day and waived PRRA and I am still waiting.
Theres a bit about my story on page 970 #14547. I do have an application in and already got SA. File transfer to etobicoke since last October. Don' know what my notes say. My lawyer ordered them a while back but haven' gotten them yet. I called CIC once and they say my background and security check in process. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if the can give me any update. As for the lawyer I think it' best if she stays in her office and I will try this on my own. My pastor say God don't start anything he's not going to finish and I truly believe that. It shall be ok for all of us one day

Reactions: Sikuya

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Theres a bit about my story on page 970 #14547. I do have an application in and already got SA. File transfer to etobicoke since last October. Don' know what my notes say. My lawyer ordered them a while back but haven' gotten them yet. I called CIC once and they say my background and security check in process. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if the can give me any update. As for the lawyer I think it' best if she stays in her office and I will try this on my own. My pastor say God don't start anything he's not going to finish and I truly believe that. It shall be ok for all of us one day
Since your file was transfer to local office before AIP, there's a higher chance you'll end up having a relationship interview.

To be honest, you're wasting time by calling, all you have to do is wait patiently, until they, either, request more documents, send you an relationship interview letter or landing appointment. And also, just keep signing in with CBSA and follow every rule, you should be fine.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
Since your file was transfer to local office before AIP, there's a higher chance you'll end up having a relationship interview.

To be honest, you're wasting time by calling, all you have to do is wait patiently, until they, either, request more documents, send you an relationship interview letter or landing appointment. And also, just keep signing in with CBSA and follow every rule, you should be fine.
Since sending my application in Nov 2017 i only contacted CIC call center once and that was a few weeks ago. I never had knowledge about the whole immigration process until i came on this forum. Then after I started reading random cases similar to mine in other forums and timelines. As for AIP I don't think I have that yet but then again everything goes to my lawyer and then she inform me. I'm sure they going to request additional documents from me if I'm called for an interview. We just moved from our old apartment to a new one two months ago. I've already informed the CBSA and the CIC about the move and provided them with the lease with both our names on it. I already updated my drivers license, bank information and my phone bill to the new address. I read from a previous post that they can ask for additional documents so I told my common law partner to make sure to do the same after we get over the CBSA issue on thursday(Fingers crossed). I also mention that we should also add my name to the hydro bill just for us to have as much additional proof as possible. We had some pictures when we went to Niagara falls as a family that was taken last year so it wasn't included in the application. Im not trying to get ahead of myself but I'm just trying to be prepared for the unknown.
david_gatt88 have you alread received AIP?
As far as following the rules I never missed a sign in and I haven't been working for a long time. I dont get into trouble because most of my spare time is spent at Church and that's where most of my friends are.

Reactions: Attak

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Since sending my application in Nov 2017 i only contacted CIC call center once and that was a few weeks ago. I never had knowledge about the whole immigration process until i came on this forum. Then after I started reading random cases similar to mine in other forums and timelines. As for AIP I don't think I have that yet but then again everything goes to my lawyer and then she inform me. I'm sure they going to request additional documents from me if I'm called for an interview. We just moved from our old apartment to a new one two months ago. I've already informed the CBSA and the CIC about the move and provided them with the lease with both our names on it. I already updated my drivers license, bank information and my phone bill to the new address. I read from a previous post that they can ask for additional documents so I told my common law partner to make sure to do the same after we get over the CBSA issue on thursday(Fingers crossed). I also mention that we should also add my name to the hydro bill just for us to have as much additional proof as possible. We had some pictures when we went to Niagara falls as a family that was taken last year so it wasn't included in the application. Im not trying to get ahead of myself but I'm just trying to be prepared for the unknown.
david_gatt88 have you alread received AIP?
As far as following the rules I never missed a sign in and I haven't been working for a long time. I dont get into trouble because most of my spare time is spent at Church and that's where most of my friends are.
I wish you all the best on Thursday.Going to CBSA can be dauntingly overwhelming but I hope you find a good officer.Considering your file is far way processed i dont think they will detain or deport you,so not to worry.

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
I wish you all the best on Thursday.Going to CBSA can be dauntingly overwhelming but I hope you find a good officer.Considering your file is far way processed i dont think they will detain or deport you,so not to worry.
I'm hoping for the best as well because I'm going without a representative just me and my common law partner. I don't know what to expect or what it will be like. I wish someone here can give me a little info about what to expect. I've been reading other peoples stories but I'm still confuse and then again everyone case is different.
I was reading about deferral but I don't know if I fully understand the 60 days and what it' all about or if I should ask for it. Does it mean that after the 60 days if a decision isn't mad then they remove you? If you the the PRRA and u get a negative result before your application is finalise does that mean u have to leave?

Angelwings1216

Apr 3, 2019
:( wish I had gotten a little bit of advise here before I have to face these people tomorrow. Well anyway I will let u guys know how it goes. *Fingers crossed*

He Lead Me To It So Im Sure He Will Lead Me Through It:)