+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
I called cic today and they told me that they just started processing owp applications from november. Is that true?
Actually don’t know what’s going on,
My work permit was approved in under 90 days.
I will share my time line here.
Application sent along with OWP on 14th December 2017 and CIC received the day after. AOR 29th January 2018. For some reason my OWP application say they Received on 8th of December. And Work Permit approved on 13th march 2018.

Reactions: SunnyK17

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
December 11, 2017 applicant here too.

I submitted my OWP + PR application together but we've only received the AOR for our PR application last Jan 24, 2018. I still couldn't find/link my OWP application online though.. I made sure to pay the right fees for the OWP too. Now I'm freaking out because I haven't heard anything yet and never received and AOR for the OWP while other applicants within the same period were able to link and/or receive their OWP already.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Let me get this straight, because I'm a little bit confused by OWP application processing offices:

People oftentimes submit their OWP application WITH their inland PR application to Mississauga - does this indicate that the OWP is being processed at the Mississauga office? I was under the impression that only Vegreville processes work permits. Also I've noticed Mississauga processing times (or people who send their OWP app w/ PR app together) take around 3.5 months for OWP approval.

I submitted my OWP application directly to Vegreville. From what I've gathered through a few others who've done the same, the processing time seems to take just under 3 months from the date of receipt. Are there actually two offices that process OWP? (Mississauga and Vegreville)
I resubmitted the OWP to both CPC-M and CPC-V to be on the safe side. I included a cover letter explaining that I had sent a copy to the other office to both and I included all the numbers (UCI #, App # and WP #). Hopefully that would help for us.

Reactions: Muneeb haider

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018

I submitted my OWP + PR application together but we've only received the AOR for our PR application last Jan 24, 2018. I still couldn't find/link my OWP application online though.. I made sure to pay the right fees for the OWP too. Now I'm freaking out because I haven't heard anything yet and never received and AOR for the OWP while other applicants within the same period were able to link and/or receive their OWP already.
December 11th. Didn't get any news about OWP as well.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Don

Don't freak out- I never received a separate AOR for the OWP, and was able to link it only on the day when it was approved. You are still within your 4-month period, should be fine, in my opinion :)

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
same here march 2017 and still waiting for SA AIP
I called immigration today (It's been a year since they have received my app) and I asked about it. They said that the SA letter was sent back in April 2017. I have a representative who also didn't get the letter, however when they requested my Police certificate and Schedule A there was also a line saying that I should apply for a CSQ asap (document request for Quebec habitants) until MAY 2017 - my representative NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. I could have called and asked for a second copy of it, instead she told me that I should wait... so I trusted her. Now my application is delayed. Immigration contact me again in regards of the CSQ a couple weeks ago and that's how I realized what happened. They said that's the only thing missing from my application for a final decision! This request takes 25 days according to the Quebec website. So now I get 25 more days of waiting for something that could be done already. It pisses me off because I paid a very good amount of money for this woman.

Anyways... I suggest you (and anybody who's is waiting for the SA more than 3 months) to call them and check why you didn't get the SA yet, maybe they sent it to you and you never got it like me.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hey,

Any March 2017 Applicants here?
Any news with the PR? I’m still waiting for the
Immigration office to contact me..
Hey, I'm March 13.

Eligibility passed on MyCiC (message in my account) a week ago, just a couple hours ago Review of additional documents changed to - Not Applicable. DM on Sponsor's side on ECAS, PA's side still says in process. That's about it :)

Reactions: Elena1212

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I called immigration today (It's been a year since they have received my app) and I asked about it. They said that the SA letter was sent back in April 2017. I have a representative who also didn't get the letter, however when they requested my Police certificate and Schedule A there was also a line saying that I should apply for a CSQ asap (document request for Quebec habitants) until MAY 2017 - my representative NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. I could have called and asked for a second copy of it, instead she told me that I should wait... so I trusted her. Now my application is delayed. Immigration contact me again in regards of the CSQ a couple weeks ago and that's how I realized what happened. They said that's the only thing missing from my application for a final decision! This request takes 25 days according to the Quebec website. So now I get 25 more days of waiting for something that could be done already. It pisses me off because I paid a very good amount of money for this woman.

Anyways... I suggest you (and anybody who's is waiting for the SA more than 3 months) to call them and check why you didn't get the SA yet, maybe they sent it to you and you never got it like me.
Yes I’m August 2017 and my sponsor received SA together with the CSQ back in September 2017! Beginning of October I already had my CSQ in hands!