File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I think it is the same for everyone before their applications are finalized. Mine has been in this same status for over 8 months. The actual processing of application is within a day or two when your file is picked up and background check results, medical results and all other additional documents requested are in tact. Now the only changes you should expect is the review of additional documents. If more documents are needed, they will let you know. Otherwise, you will wake up one day and see decision made in ECAS - SPONSOR OR APPLICANT OR BOTH. Then you get AIP and landing letter. All the best!
Yea hoping fast lol

Reactions: EGH

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Thanks! Seems your timeline is two weeks ahead of mine. Any updates? Have you received OWP yet? I will definitely keep you posted. Finger crossed~
Since June 14th, I have not received any update on my OWP. I don't know what's happening with my application. They are already working on June 28, as in your application. All I want to see now is the same message of fee reconciliation, and then I can be all expectant to receive my OWP in the mail within two weeks. Just pray the start working on my OWP too.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
I'm filling in Schedule A and I have a few questions. At the top, it says "The principal applicant, his or her spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all dependent children under 18 listed on the application for permanent residence must complete their own form"

- On my application I only listed 1 applicant, myself. My common-law partner is Canadian born and raised. Does he need to fill Schedule A as well? I noticed I can only upload one Schedule A anyway, so how would I submit both?

- My "personal activity" background looks messy in the sense that there are times where I was studying full-time but working/volunteering as well, so some dates overlap. For example I have:

2014/09-2016/04 studying at University X
2015/02-2015/09 working part time at Y
2014/07 - 2014/08 travelling to home country (so I don't technically have gaps because in september I started studying at University X)

Will they mind? I guess they are used to it. Or should I remove the "working/employed" since it was only part time and my main activity was just full-time student?

- I have taken at least 8 short trips to the US since I was 18, going from 3 days to a week. Do I have to list it under "personal activity" every time? I did not stop being a student, that remained my primary activity during that time, I just travelled during a long weekend or during school breaks. I didn't list it because travelling was not my principal activity (unlike in the summer where I didn't take summer courses and travelled for a few weeks, then did some volunteering here in Canada) - but how nitpicky are they going to be?

I am probably overthinking this but I'm so worried about my application being delayed or denied for a "stupid" reason.

edit to add one more question about police certificates:
- On my account it says I need to upload "Police certificates (multiple)". I have lived exclusively in Canada since I was 18 so I'm only going to upload a Canadian police check. So, I need to go to my local police station, ask them to take my fingerprints and then... submit everything to the RCMP? Or will they submit everything themselves? If anyone who went through this process can tell me what I should do exactly, it would be really helpful :) I'm in Ontario.

Last edited:

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hey guys, I have sent our in-land application on Friday September 1st and FedEx delivered it after the long weekend on Tuesday September 5th, I just a couple of questions:
1) Is it normal not to have heard anything from them yet? My visa expires in 7 days over here and I just wanna make sure I won't be here illegally
2) I realised there was one Canadian stamp on my passport that was almost erased and I didn't send it to them, do you think it's a big deal?Should I do something about it?

Thanks in advance

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hey guys, I have sent our in-land application on Friday September 1st and FedEx delivered it after the long weekend on Tuesday September 5th, I just a couple of questions:
1) Is it normal not to have heard anything from them yet? My visa expires in 7 days over here and I just wanna make sure I won't be here illegally
2) I realised there was one Canadian stamp on my passport that was almost erased and I didn't send it to them, do you think it's a big deal?Should I do something about it?

Thanks in advance
I just submitted mine as well, received today. apart from the signature from the courier that they received the application I don't expect to hear from them for at least a month for AOR

I don't know about your second question

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016

Thanks in advance
If your visa's status is expiring in few days, then you should have applied to renew before submitting your application. If your status expires before your file is opened, then you cannot apply for work permit till you get AIP. I'm not quite sure about the process. Maybe someone here can clarify.
Also if you couldn't submit a page in your passport containing a stamp, you can submit it online after you receive your AOR with application number. In that way, you can rest assured that your document wouldn't get lost.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
If your visa's status is expiring in few days, then you should have applied to renew before submitting your application. If your status expires before your file is opened, then you cannot apply for work permit till you get AIP. I'm not quite sure about the process. Maybe someone here can clarify.
Also if you couldn't submit a page in your passport containing a stamp, you can submit it online after you receive your AOR with application number. In that way, you can rest assured that your document wouldn't get lost.
We currently have an inland sponsorship app in for my wife who is out of status..so she will beable to apply for an OWP once we get AIP?

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018

Thanks in advance
My opinion is that you should have included a work permit application with your status when sending your sponsorship application to CPC-M. You can still send it to Vegraville(CPC-V) with some sort of evidence that you sent a sponsorship application as an attachment. The OWP is not valid for travel so you should apply online to extend your temporary resident visa. New application checklist of June 2017 asks for proof of valid status or evidence of obtaining one and if out of status, a separate explanation. So to answer your question, go online and apply for a visa if you intend to travel out of Canada before processing your application is complete.

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
Hello,

As long as you have your valid OWP and valid visa in your passport - you're good to go! I traveled twice already and had absolutely no problem coming back. Also, don't leave the country for longer than 3 weeks.
Yulia, can I ask why you have indicated not for longer than 3 weeks? I have tried to get an answer from IRCC regarding travel for my spouse (US citizen & Nexus holder). We do not anticipate any travel that would be that long but just curious if that is the magic number?

Imajin101

Jul 10, 2017
LANDED..........
10-09-2018
Oh no! I also did pay $100 only. How did it become $255? Anybody here who paid $255???
We paid the 255 but I do agree that it was rather confusing on the website and I was lucky enough to be able to double check with an Immigration lawyer and reading the info on this forum.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Yulia, can I ask why you have indicated not for longer than 3 weeks? I have tried to get an answer from IRCC regarding travel for my spouse (US citizen & Nexus holder). We do not anticipate any travel that would be that long but just curious if that is the magic number?
I read it on some other forum, somebody mentioned that 3 weeks is a proper amount of time for vacation, anything more than that can be interpreted as if the person is not planning on residing in Canada in their future.

Reactions: Imajin101