App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
My open work permit application was just approved and the final decision was made - accepted (I guess I am just waiting for the SIN card to be delivered by mail?). They updated my OWP status today in the morning for "reviewing my eligibility" and a few hours later I logged in my profile and the whole page was updated that everything is approved along with the final decision (no email notifications were received). My application was received by the office on June 26th. Good luck to everybody and wishing you guys short waiting times !
you have to apply for your SIN separately. they would need your OWP so wait for it to arrive in the mail.

Reactions: Kozyrytka

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
My open work permit application was just approved and the final decision was made - accepted (I guess I am just waiting for the SIN card to be delivered by mail?). They updated my OWP status today in the morning for "reviewing my eligibility" and a few hours later I logged in my profile and the whole page was updated that everything is approved along with the final decision (no email notifications were received). My application was received by the office on June 26th. Good luck to everybody and wishing you guys short waiting times !
Congratulations. I submitted June 14th, and have not heard anything. I hope they approve My Own too Soonest.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
July 26th applications being worked on today should be next week at sometime maybe wednesday/thursday im about 2 weeks after you so i expect mine around 4th october
Hi

How do you know which date application they are working on please? Im 13th August so hopefully next few weeks too!

alphaq

Mar 27, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
Hi all !

Sent in our package on friday and got the mailroom receipt last night. Is the AOR taking a month on average for everyone?

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hello!

On the local travel, I don't think there will be any problem even if the extension visa has not come out yet (but of course I do not advice that your husband stay without a valid documentation in place :) ) at the local airport they only ask for the passport to verify the identity of the name in the air ticket, but they don't scan it (just based on my own experience when we travelled to Toronto from Calgary, no passport scanning happened if my memory serves me right)

With the PR application, I don't think sending it now will help that much because currently I think it takes 5-6 weeks for Immi to send an AOR - which effectively gives someone the 'implied' (or bridging) status. I suggest to get patient or be early and be the first caller with the Immi to penetrate their ellusive customer service hotline lols and get answer with your query.

Pls let me know how you go, my visitor visa also expires end of October but the only edge I have over you is that we've already lodged the PR application :)

Goodluck to you!
Thank you so much! Although I'm still not able to get through the phone lines, this gives me a bit more clarity. As far as the extension goes, do you know what happens if the answer doesn't come through before his visa expires? Does he have to leave? My understanding from someone else's advise on here is that he would be on implied visitor status until we hear from CIC. Is this the case? Thanks again and I will definitely keep everyone posted. This resource is wonderful!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

question - has anyone ever traveled overseas while their in-land sponsorship was being processed ? i have read and been advised not to travel while in-land sponsorship is in process as re-entry is not guaranteed.

my spouse (and me as well) is not from a visa-exempt country and is currently on an OWP. we are mid - 2017 applicants and are still waiting to hear back from ircc.

any advice if it is a good idea to travel back home while the processing is being done ?

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
hi

question - has anyone ever traveled overseas while their in-land sponsorship was being processed ? i have read and been advised not to travel while in-land sponsorship is in process as re-entry is not guaranteed.

my spouse (and me as well) is not from a visa-exempt country and is currently on an OWP. we are mid - 2017 applicants and are still waiting to hear back from ircc.

any advice if it is a good idea to travel back home while the processing is being done ?

Hello,

As long as you have your valid OWP and valid visa in your passport - you're good to go! I traveled twice already and had absolutely no problem coming back. Also, don't leave the country for longer than 3 weeks.

Reactions: Imajin101

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hi all, Just submitted my documents and I'm planning to go the local police office to get a POLICE CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK with FINGERPRINTS. Is that good enough? or do I need to submit the FINGERPRINTS and fill out application on RCMP website?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Thank you so much! Although I'm still not able to get through the phone lines, this gives me a bit more clarity. As far as the extension goes, do you know what happens if the answer doesn't come through before his visa expires? Does he have to leave? My understanding from someone else's advise on here is that he would be on implied visitor status until we hear from CIC. Is this the case? Thanks again and I will definitely keep everyone posted. This resource is wonderful!
Here are links where you can verify the information about implied status:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#implied_status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Reactions: Will_PA