Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Orisk said:
How long after AOR were you guys asked to submit your background check and schedule A? Is it immediately or do I have to wait a couple of weeks?

I got AOR 2 days ago but they haven't asked me for anything yet
I just checked my ECAS and seems they have sent me a correspondence requesting some documents. I havent received the mail yet but i am very curious to see what they have requested. It might be police checks and Schedule A.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
We're also in the process of getting our paperwork together for inland spousal sponsorship. We have been married for 6 years and have a year old child with Canadian citizenship. We decided to move back to Canada after Sponsor spent 10 years overseas as Canada is bar none, the best place to raise children. Sponsor works for an international company and was even able to convince them to switch the sponsor to Canadian payroll and move us here.

Anyway, we were about to submit yesterday when my habit of reviewing all documents led me to realize to that the CIC listed conflicting information for required documents for citizens South Korea and Republic of Korea.... So everything is now pushed back a couple of weeks while we run around to the embassy and translators. As South Korea/Republic of Korea is a visa exempt country, we were able to get into Canada via eTA and also have a 6 month visitor record which has enabled us to get some things done like opening banks and getting a drivers license.

Reading around the forum, the whole thing of implied status concerns me especially since OWP are processed in a different physical location. Anyway, by the time we get our application sent, it will have been a month inland. Counting for 1 month before AOR and 4 months for OWP, this pushes us right to the end of the 6 months. Does the implied status cover us? Should we go ahead and extend visitor status at month 5 for added security? We know that the OWP will supersede the Visitor's status and I'm not worried about overpaying, we just want to stay on the right side of having status.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
gary.bhanot said:
I just checked my ECAS and seems they have sent me a correspondence requesting some documents. I havent received the mail yet but i am very curious to see what they have requested. It might be police checks and Schedule A.
hi Gary,

I ahve the same thing when i checked ECAS

"We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

But so far nothing on mycic online or by mail.

Does anyone have the similar stuff?

Reactions: mcrystald

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi Gary,

I suggest you contact CIC. I also saw that there was something on ECAS sent to me, but i still had not received it. It seems t be a glitch in their online system as they moved to a new system. So do call them up or send it via the webform.

Regards,

Shawn17

Apr 1, 2016
Hello Everyone !

I came through this thread and its been very helpful.

My Wife is sponsoring me and i am on my post graduation work-permit which expires this July 2017. At the moment we are about to file the sponsorship and i have a question on Extending my work permit.. And, i am here to seek some help from you guys..

1. I am working in Canada on a post graduation work permit, in "Finance and accounting" field. Recenly, i switched my career to "Information Technology" and started working, so when i apply for open work permit or extension of my work permit will it be a problem just because i changed my filed of work ???

Your immediate attention to the above is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Shawn17 said:
Hello Everyone !

I came through this thread and its been very helpful.

My Wife is sponsoring me and i am on my post graduation work-permit which expires this July 2017. At the moment we are about to file the sponsorship and i have a question on Extending my work permit.. And, i am here to seek some help from you guys..

1. I am working in Canada on a post graduation work permit, in "Finance and accounting" field. Recenly, i switched my career to "Information Technology" and started working, so when i apply for open work permit or extension of my work permit will it be a problem just because i changed my filed of work ???

Your immediate attention to the above is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Post Grad work permit is an open work permit and hence is not tied to a specific employer or field. So, you should be good in that regards.

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hi everyone! All the best for you applications.

I have a question (if anyone knows I'd appreciate the help), I submitted my application (common law sponsorship) this month. I am an international student, and my last semester is this coming fall. Once I get the OWP (I sent it with my application), will I still be allowed to study? Does my study permit remains valid even when I get the OWP from my sponsorship application?
Also, how long usually takes the answer from immigration once they received the papers? I know they got the documents because the tracking system by Canad Post.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
aleop said:
Hi everyone! All the best for you applications.

I have a question (if anyone knows I'd appreciate the help), I submitted my application (common law sponsorship) this month. I am an international student, and my last semester is this coming fall. Once I get the OWP (I sent it with my application), will I still be allowed to study? Does my study permit remains valid even when I get the OWP from my sponsorship application?
Also, how long usually takes the answer from immigration once they received the papers? I know they got the documents because the tracking system by Canad Post.
Your study permit will not be valid past its expiry date. It is mentioned on CIC's website that the work permit and a study permit are two different items. You will have to get your study permit extended as well.

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
abcdmud said:
Your study permit will not be valid past its expiry date. It is mentioned on CIC's website that the work permit and a study permit are two different items. You will have to get your study permit extended as well.
My study permit is still valid. My only concern is that once I get the OWP, my study permit will not be valid (the OWP will change my status), because I am applying remain in Canada as a Worker. Or will I be student and also worker full time? Do you know what I mean? Would I have two status?

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
That's a tricky situation. I would say you should confirm with CIC. I dont mean to scare you but was there a particular reason you submitted the Open Work permit application at this point of time. Since, after your studies you would be eligible for a PGWP which is also an Open work permit.

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
gary.bhanot said:
That's a tricky situation. I would say you should confirm with CIC. I dont mean to scare you but was there a particular reason you submitted the Open Work permit application at this point of time. Since, after your studies you would be eligible for a PGWP which is also an Open work permit.
I submitted my OWP with the sponsorship. Thanks for the tip, I will call CIC, to find out the situation.

haelim75

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
25-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
So glad to see this forum!

We sent in the paperwork - along with OWP for my spouse in early Feb 2017. As soon as AOR was received, we linked the application online and added Schedule A & police certificate within 2 days - that was almost a month ago. Hope I get the sponsor approval soooooon!!

Best of luck to everyone!! ;) ;) ;)

Reactions: Lmac4

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I was asked to submit the Schedule A/IMM 5669 Form. Is it normal for an applicant to receive just one document request? I have not submitted a police check and medical exam yet and they did not ask any of those. Some have received a document request for both PIC and SchedA (I provided a valid police check but it was not for immigration purposes but for practicum at school. I just wanted to show a vaild PIC.)