Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
How does that work? Do I just go to an airport or something and ask? Thank you!
When to border to USA by vehicle with her Canadian citizen husband and asked. Actualy its not recomended but you can try (you already sent extension,you should wait)

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
Apply December 29, 2016 using the old package ,AOR January 17 2017..OWP received in early march 2017...medical request may 5th 2017 send in may 28 2017...no police record request from my country so i went a head and sent that in june 13 2017...no SA or AIP no response until yeaterday i receive SA and AIP and landing email at the same time...landing date November 14.2017 Calgary... took me a total of 10 months

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Apply December 29, 2016 using the old package ,AOR January 17 2017..OWP received in early march 2017...medical request may 5th 2017 send in may 28 2017...no police record request from my country so i went a head and sent that in june 13 2017...no SA or AIP no response until yeaterday i receive SA and AIP and landing email at the same time...landing date November 14.2017 Calgary... took me a total of 10 months
Congratulations

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Congrats..

Reactions: Waitingonthemlike

rahul89

Oct 28, 2017
Hi, I applied for spousal PR on july 5 th 2017 and got my aor on august 4th 2017 and my work permit application was returned due to insufficient funds. resubmitted my application on Sep 5th to vegreville office. My wife is on visiting visa and her 6 month of visit time ends on dec 16th 2017. Do we need to apply for visitor extension ? or she would be on implied status as i have applied for workpermit. I have linked her Workpermit application online and status shows application in progress .

Please let me know do i need to apply for her visitor extension to be on status while her application is in process.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi folks,
I got my OWP approved on October 19 and have now started working. Should I inform CIC about that with respect to my PR application? It def. changes our financial situation to the better, but I am not sure if that matters. Any opinions?
Thanks!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
hi everyone. i need some advice. i am ready to send my application to sponsor my wife and her open work permit at the same time.

problem is, her work permit is only valid until february 4, 2018. now i read from this thread that open work permit is processed on average of 4 months. she is a live in caregiver but her employer died, then after that we got married and started living together. now i also read that OWP can only be processed once you receive AIP. now all based on that, should i continue with the in canada class application? because she only have 3months as a valid status, and processing time is 12months. she cannot renew her current work permit since she need to find a new employer and a new LMIA. pls advice

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
hi everyone. i need some advice. i am ready to send my application to sponsor my wife and her open work permit at the same time.

problem is, her work permit is only valid until february 4, 2018. now i read from this thread that open work permit is processed on average of 4 months. she is a live in caregiver but her employer died, then after that we got married and started living together. now i also read that OWP can only be processed once you receive AIP. now all based on that, should i continue with the in canada class application? because she only have 3months as a valid status, and processing time is 12months. she cannot renew her current work permit since she need to find a new employer and a new LMIA. pls advice
  1. It is not true that "OWP can only be processed once you receive AIP", OWP usually takes 4 months and AIP only comes at the end of the process (usually 12months)
  2. Right now OWP is taking 4 months, next week it might reduce to 1 month or even increase to 200 months! Lets hope for the best.
  3. If someone apply for an permit extension before its expiation date, this person will be under what CIC calls "implied status" from the expiration date until a decision is finally made. In your case just make sure she receives a AOR before Feb 4th.

Reactions: marvz21

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
  1. It is not true that "OWP can only be processed once you receive AIP", OWP usually takes 4 months and AIP only comes at the end of the process (usually 12months)
  2. Right now OWP is taking 4 months, next week it might reduce to 1 month or even increase to 200 months! Lets hope for the best.
  3. If someone apply for an permit extension before its expiation date, this person will be under what CIC calls "implied status" from the expiration date until a decision is finally made. In your case just make sure she receives a AOR before Feb 4th.
hi, thanks for answering.

i’m ready to send the application tomorrow and here i am panicking on lots of “what if’s”. lol
anyway somebody mentioned here about the OWP only being processed once AIP is received. that made me panic. so thanks for the clarification.

with my wife’s case she already lost her job when her employer died but she still has the work permit until february 4. we will receive the AOR by then for sure. does that mean that she’ll be already on implied status once we received the AOR even if the OWP is not yet approved at that time?

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hey all,

We're joining the Inland party here. My fiance is from the US and I'm a Canadian citizen. We're living in Southern Ontario. His application was received on September 14th (confirmation from Canada Post) and we've yet to hear back and receive the AOR. It's been really nerve wracking waiting for a response, so I appreciate all of the posts and feedback about the wait times.
Mine was received on Sep 8 and I havent got AOR yet.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS!!

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
hi, thanks for answering.

i’m ready to send the application tomorrow and here i am panicking on lots of “what if’s”. lol
anyway somebody mentioned here about the OWP only being processed once AIP is received. that made me panic. so thanks for the clarification.

with my wife’s case she already lost her job when her employer died but she still has the work permit until february 4. we will receive the AOR by then for sure. does that mean that she’ll be already on implied status once we received the AOR even if the OWP is not yet approved at that time?
I don't know all the specific rules for the live in caregiver program, but I believe that she is fine until Feb 4th.
She will be implied after Feb 4th if a application for a new permit or to extend a existing permit was made and she still waiting for a decision.

Reactions: Angeles87mike77

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I don't know all the specific rules for the live in caregiver program, but I believe that she is fine until Feb 4th.
She will be implied after Feb 4th if a application for a new permit or to extend a existing permit was made and she still waiting for a decision.

her job was live in caregiver program, but upon verifying with cic live in caregiver program no longer exists therefore she’s under a regular work permit under temporary foreign worker program.
i just sent the application today and i now join everyone here in the waiting game.
gudluck everyone

Reactions: Mutato_KT